The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kountry
Plus a 1000
Let's change this poser wanna be wife biker thread I'll start.
She's only with me cause I'm a biker
Ride safe!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PauleyB
I didn't know I needed some guy I have never met's permission to own the bike I have always dreamed of owning. Yes, I have finally acheived the financial success that allows me to have a Harley. I refuse to have my freedoms dictated to me by someone who's lack of success makes them "cool". This is my house, this is my land, this is my country! I will do what I damn well please!!!
WOW you didn't set that "financial success" bar very high ...

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
kountry
Road Master

Bbbbwwwwaaaahhhh I'm drinking who else is

Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

Originally Posted by kountry
Plus a 1000
Let's change this poser wanna be wife biker thread I'll start.
She's only with me cause I'm a biker
Best post on this thread is this one with the pic.

I look at it like this. I didn't do the 50's (wasn't born yet) didn't do the 60's (not even a teenager yet). I did do the mid 70's (dirt bike) 1979 moved to my first Harley. Fell into the whole thing, rock-n-roll, chasing *****, drinking, certain drugs of choice, eventually club stuff, on from there.

I am now 50.. If I was smart. I would have joined the service + college program, retired out, got another civilian career, and had way more money.
I have a lot of great memories, but not a lot of $$$. I have had quite a few bikes though, quite a few good friends, lots of them dead and buried or in prison. so my take on this whole thing.

It's not a either or situation. I'm honest enough to remember that not every old biker dude was your brother, or even a friend. Some of them you wouldn't want to turn your back to ever. Not every patcholder lived up to their word. On the other hand some of the comments on here like, they are fat, stupid, broke, ect, is way off the mark. Lots of em have $$$, own businesses, have quite a few houses, bikes, cars, trucks, they just don't look like they do. Some of the smartest, talented SOB you'd ever meet, live the biker lifestyle because of choice, not stupidity.

I see it as a spectrum. "biker" on one end "weekend warrior" on the other.
There is a lot of room in between those two though. Every story is unique not every one comes into a Harley, or rides a Harley, by the same means.
I'm just glad that so many different people like Harley's, and want to own them. The company makes more $$ and stays in business longer. I like em I ride em. I don't give a damn if anybody else rides theirs more, or less, has spent thousands on HD gear, or has built theirs from a basket case.
Doesn't matter if , like me, are a "used to be club guy", or your still sportin a patch, or your a atgatt, or even a sportbiker, This world would suck if every body was exactly the same. In the end we all die, these toys don't go with us, our money doesn't go with us, our jobs don't go with us, nothing goes with us but us. So in the end, All this yakin about this means nothing including my yacking about this.

Last edited by chromedome09; 06-23-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Ya'll need to quit picking on Posers. Some of us embrace our Poserishness. Especially when we get to riding around the country meeting people from this forum, like at the Gonzeefest that more people should have attended.
Seriously, I, myself, am not a biker. Although I ride a lot of miles, that does not make me a biker. It only makes me a dude who rides a lot of miles. For those of you who do not understand what Frenchman is really saying, you need to get out and meet some of the people who really are bikers. If you sit and listen, you just might learn a thing or two.
Life is a learning expierence OK, but I can't figure out dudes like this frenchman...all I hear is hate. Come on will ya? There is a lot of stuff in this world to dislike....muslum clerics who preach killing innocent unarmed people, child molesters, dope dealers....you know....bad guys. What's the need to get your blood pressure all wacked out of shape hating a well to do fella chasing a childhood fantesy? Espically one with enough sense to buy a Harley.

My response to old hard core blowhards like ol' frenchie is that he should be flattered that these "posers" want to look like him....and to take a chill pill, lighten up and spend a little more time finding things that make you happy while your still above ground.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
kountry
Road Master

Good post

Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

What were the hard core bikers that Frenchy speaks of before they became hardcore bikers?
They, like many of us had to start somewhere.
And what about that Softail Frenchy rides? Ain't it just a fake hardtail. You Softail riders ain't foolin me no matter who you are.

Last edited by skidder; 06-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
au contraire mon ami... Nothin to be proud of but when I get to sluggin back the drinks, it makes it look like I'm drinking with a bunch of girls. And next time I see that ugly back stabbing lying low life loser I plan to knock him into next week. Wind up and lay a sucker punch right on the kisser. The piece of ****.

No, the story is about a girl, *****, dry fukin, oral sex, then denial lying about my involvment and ratting the entire fabrication to my wife.

Do you think I should start a thread and tell my story?

You don't need to start a new thread about it. I like the drink and punch part. That's more like what I'm talking about, if you know what I mean.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

Been riding since 1966. Back then I wouldn't have owned a Harley. Too unreliable and shook like a paint mixer. If that was real biking, you can have it. Couldn't really go anywhere in a bike like that. By the late 60s the true posers were painting all their bikes like Captain America's, and raking the h#!! out of them.

I owned several bikes since the 60s, none Harleys, and in the 70s and early 80s we used to make fun of them as the owners always seemed slower than us, and seemed to spend a lot of time on the side of the road doing something to them. If that was real biking, you can have it, too.

Got my first and only Harley in 2008 and very pleased. Reliable and doesn't shake. Comfortable. Can go long distances. Still relatively slow, but can pass adequately. That's real biking to me.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:33 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

was there a point to that story?

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??