The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Yup... taught my son and my son-in-law... they both rode lighter bikes but took to the HD's well. SIL I still have to keep an eye on, he likes to lag way back which I keep tellin him it lets cagers between us... I had them both take the safety course but that doesn't make you an instant rider like some think...
MSF BasicRC just gives you thee basics, but then there E(expirienced)RC as well as advanced.
Following closely and keeping formation are just common sense/road skills. We gotta teach youngun's that just like its been taught to us.
My kid is like me. Likes the ratty old choppers, caferacers and club-style bikes. Keeps buggin' me for the keys to my Twinkie and loves the Shovelhead.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
MSF BasicRC just gives you thee basics, but then there E(expirienced)RC as well as advanced.
Following closely and keeping formation are just common sense/road skills. We gotta teach youngun's that just like its been taught to us.
My kid is like me. Likes the ratty old choppers, caferacers and club-style bikes. Keeps buggin' me for the keys to my Twinkie and loves the Shovelhead.
Yup... my daughters been itchin for one now... dunno how I am goin to handle that... she likes V-Rods of all things...

Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

You've done good, Alk!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
You've done good, Alk!
Thanks man!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Ya know, I finally realize it really wasn't just the other day when I was 28, so I probably need a lifestyle change.
Thinkin' about gettin' a Honda or somethin', but I'm not too keen on what I should wear, except I know ya gotta have one of those big giant bubble head fullface helmets and big flourescent stripes on your jacket.
What am I missin'? I don't wanna look like a poser around those guys...

Old 01-30-2012, 09:19 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Ya know, I finally realize it really wasn't just the other day when I was 28, so I probably need a lifestyle change.
Thinkin' about gettin' a Honda or somethin', but I'm not too keen on what I should wear, except I know ya gotta have one of those big giant bubble head fullface helmets and big flourescent stripes on your jacket.
Soap and wax..... lottsa wax... your winger material now.... make sure your passenger matches....

Old 01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

I wear those on my harley(s) ....
oh, crap....just realized I'm a wannabe GoldWinger.
I hope you guys will still allow me to hang here

Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
polish hammer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i've owned a harley since my 20's i love bikes love to ride i got a goatee n tatts but i had those b4 the bike when i ride im in my gear when im home im prob wearing a football tshirt of my favorite team haha its cool to have diversity i pretty much just laugh at the lawyer types you can see them a mile away all there **** is shiny hahaahahahaha but whatever more people that ride more parts they make cheaper for you and me my .02

Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
polish hammer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

hhahahahaha this is the funniest the crouch monkeys out here have those stupid *** fake mohawks on there helmets soo dont forget that

Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Get a kid to his age and still be talking , you've done a decent job of it .

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??