The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 PM
deuce24
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
you went to prison AND college, but still can't figure out that this thread is about people who pretend to be something they are not????
You must not have went prison or college, since you couldn't understand I was refering that specific post, even though I quoted it. My point was, I looked like the guy mentioned in that post and I was not a very good rider at that time. I didn't think I was trying to be someone else.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by deuce24
You must not have went prison or college, since you couldn't understand I was refering that specific post, even though I quoted it. My point was, I looked like the guy mentioned in that post and I was not a very good rider at that time. I didn't think I was trying to be someone else.
I still don't think you get it.
I'm not defending or speaking for the guy you quoted, but I (and others like me) make fun of weekend warriors and not just new riders.
I applaud anyone who at any age takes up motorcycling, takes a course like MSF, practices and enjoys what I have for 40+ years.
Unfortunately, **** ain't like that ...
People I make fun of get a new Ultra/Wide/Softail-insta-cool ***** extension, dress up in their best imitation of Marlon Brando and attempt to join the "brotherhood" they heard about 3rd hand.
Laconia, Daytona or Sturgis are not ideal places to practice riding skills. 700lb harley is not an ideal new bike. Some can handle it, but most can't.
Just my observation ...
btw, I rode HD and Brit choppers for 15 years, before I had my eyes opened by people who really knew how to ride ... its never too late to develop riding skills.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I do about 8000 miles a year and I don't call anyone a poser

Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I do about 8000 miles a year and I don't call anyone a poser
c'mon ... not even me?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by socal714guy
Most of the people on here talking smack about the POSER, have like 20 thousand + posts. I never really seen a Internet Rider..Maybe less post and more riding.
do I have your permission to post on the 'net while I'm at work and can't ride? please? and thank you.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

c'mon ... not even me?
nope. only thing I judge is restaurants

Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
nope. only thing I judge is restaurants
you're a culinary expert now? chef Boyardee

Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
deuce24
6th Gear

I still don't think you get it.
I'm not defending or speaking for the guy you quoted, but I (and others like me) make fun of weekend warriors and not just new riders.
I applaud anyone who at any age takes up motorcycling, takes a course like MSF, practices and enjoys what I have for 40+ years.
Unfortunately, **** ain't like that ...
People I make fun of get a new Ultra/Wide/Softail-insta-cool ***** extension, dress up in their best imitation of Marlon Brando and attempt to join the "brotherhood" they heard about 3rd hand.
Laconia, Daytona or Sturgis are not ideal places to practice riding skills. 700lb harley is not an ideal new bike. Some can handle it, but most can't.
Just my observation ...
btw, I rode HD and Brit choppers for 15 years, before I had my eyes opened by people who really knew how to ride ... its never too late to develop riding skills.
Any guy I qutoed? you read my post, you should be able to understand what I meant then. So you applaud anyone who takes up motorcycling but make fun of them for what they wear or how they act when they ride? Your more into it then them, congrats.
Oh, and I live and grew up in south dakota. I have been going to sturgis as long as I can remember. you don't have to be a great rider to cruise 10mph everywhere.
The only reason a 700lb harley isnt a good bike to learn on is the price. Every other 16 year old kid in sd has an r1 or hyabusa.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by deuce24
Any guy I qutoed? you read my post, you should be able to understand what I meant then. So you applaud anyone who takes up motorcycling but make fun of them for what they wear or how they act when they ride? Your more into it then them, congrats.
Oh, and I live and grew up in south dakota. I have been going to sturgis as long as I can remember. you don't have to be a great rider to cruise 10mph everywhere.
The only reason a 700lb harley isnt a good bike to learn on is the price. Every other 16 year old kid in sd has an r1 or hyabusa.
Yeah, I guess I'm a big meanie for making fun of people dressing up like what they think a biker should look like. I also make fun of people that DIDN'T take the time to learn and practice a new skill before going out and trying to impress others. I make just as much fun of kids that can't ride the R1 as an old dentist who can't ride his FLHTDORK or whatever ....

I really want to learn to sail. But I've taken lessons on little dingy, 24' and 31' boats even though I can go out and get that 45' ocean-crossing dream boat. I might be able to afford it, but the lessons I'm learning on a smaller vessel cannot be duplicated on a big one. Same with motorcycles.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
techcowboy
3rd Gear

I'm 62,and retired. I am not a "Biker" just a man who loves to ride. I own a sportster and don't expect to buy an"Upgrade" Some folks admire and respect motorcycle riders,me included. I don't knock anyone. I say ride and let ride.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??