The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:31 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Timex Iornman.... never seems to fail...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_TG
Haven't worn a watch in over a decade... No need, as there are friggin' clocks everywhere.

Course, other than my wedding band, I don't wear any jewelry: just not my thing. Looks good on the wife though!
Have one on the RK in the dash... damm if I ever remember how ta reset it after I disconnect the battery for one reason or another... hell gettin old... fugg don't even look at the speedo half the time let alone the clock...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I have over 90 watches, no need to explain why, and I rarely ever wear one anymore. One of them is even a real nice HD watch my wife gave me, that I'll wear when suited up (funerals, etc). It's a great thing not having to be anywhere, at any time, that I can't tell by the position of the sun or the growl in my stomach.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I have over 90 watches, no need to explain why, and I rarely ever wear one anymore. One of them is even a real nice HD watch my wife gave me, that I'll wear when suited up (funerals, etc). It's a great thing not having to be anywhere, at any time, that I can't tell by the position of the sun or the growl in my stomach.
Thought I was the only one Scot
given a bunch away to friends

now I collect guns

Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
the moco needs the posers to stay in business...they buy most of the new bikes that are sold. the posers then provide well maintained low mileage used bikes for the rest of us. they are a very important part of the supply chain. accept them for what they are--some of them will even become bikers!
You couldn't be more right. I built my bike with perfectly good cast off parts.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coltsfan
You couldn't be more right. I built my bike with perfectly good cast off parts.
+1
and the prices are great if not free when you're tight with your local INDY shop.

I picked up ZERO miles TC88 jugs,pistons,heads and rocker covers for $200 for my $4200 Twinkie FXD
My Shovelhead rolls on late model WG forks, front wheel and 4 piston brakes on both ends. All out of the "take-off" pile. 1200 Sporty CV carb works better than S&S some moron just had to have for his otherwise stock bike.
God Bless Willie G and the POSERS !!!

Last edited by alkay191; 01-22-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
+1
and the prices are great if not free when you're tight with your local INDY shop.

I picked up ZERO miles TC88 jugs,pistons,heads and rocker covers for $200 for my $4200 Twinkie FXD
My Shovelhead rolls on late model WG forks, front wheel and 4 piston brakes on both ends. All out of the "take-off" pile. 1200 Sporty CV carb works better than S&S some moron just had to have for his otherwise stock bike.
It's a wonderfull world out there for someone with a half a clue and few tools isn't it ?

Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
+1

Hey, you got yerself a new sig!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan conner
the moco needs the posers to stay in business...they buy most of the new bikes that are sold. the posers then provide well maintained low mileage used bikes for the rest of us. they are a very important part of the supply chain. accept them for what they are--some of them will even become bikers!
i agree

Old 01-28-2012, 06:42 PM
deuce24
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nhbiker1961
I was at laconia Bike week last week and I was in traffic. The guy in front of me was riding an electra glide standard. He had the look. Shaved head, tats all over his arms with a bandage on his brand new tat to keep it out of the sun. This guy could not ride a bike for ****! He revved the bike up to about 4k and barley let the clutch out. You could smell the clutch every time he stopped and started up again. Once he got moving in traffic, he was wobbling all over the road like a kid riding a bicycle for the first time. I felt like telling him to learn how to ride before coming to events like Laconia where he could hurt himself and others.
this is the dumbest **** I have ever read. Not just this but a bunch of comments. I wanted a harley as long as I can remember. I went to prison when I was 16 for 7 1/2 years. When I got out I put myself through college and got a good job that finally gave me an opportunity to buy a bike. I couldnt ride for ****. Oh, and I'm covered in tats. 7 1/2 years will change a **** but think twice before you walk up and tell me how to ride

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??