The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
cobby
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like organized religion to me. You know, "Think like me, act like me and you will be saved." The very opposite of "FREEDOM"

Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by cobby
Sounds like organized religion to me. You know, "Think like me, act like me and you will be saved." The very opposite of "FREEDOM"
I dunno; thinking for yourself is a favorable trait, 'specially when riding a harley. acting like and being like, are total opposites. Being ''saved'' only pertains if one is beng spent. The opposite of freedom is imprisonment. I'm not knocking the post, just reflecting how I see it.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
cobby
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
I found this on another site and thought it might be relevant to the original subject of this thread. It explains how being a biker isn't a fad but a lifestyle so I thought I'd share.

Biker Lifestyle:

It's not just about owning a bike or how much you spend on it...It's not about how many miles you ride a year or how many bike functions you attend...
It's not about how much leather you wear or how many trophies you have won...It's NOT about "Harley Davidson" or how many black T-shirts you own...
It's about the untraveled miles that lie in wait...And of all the People you met in your journeys...
It's about a feeling of Oneness: You and Your Bike. That scream and rumble beneath your ***...
That look of wonder and amazement of the crowd that gathers as you drive two by two roaring through the city streets...
It's about those lonely nights when you're freezing your *** off and wish nothing more than a friendly face to offer you a smile...
It's about the wind in your face, The fight against Nature and how much dust and rain You have wiped from Your brow...
It's about making your own rules, Believing in what we stand for...
A Stand we make against a system that tries to hold us back...
A system that cages our Brothers for senseless reasons...and struggles we have and will fight for to the bitter end...
It's about helping a Brother, Being there when all the chips are down...
Lending a hand despite the circumstances, Going that extra mile...
It's about our Freedom... Our Independence... Our Fight... Our Lifestyle...
It's about Honesty, Loyalty, and Respect! It's ALL about the Honor of Brotherhood!
Yuppies and Rub's read this and weep. We haven't respect for You...
You guys are just Men on Motor Cycles, NOT Bikers...
10 years ago You all hated us...
Now with Your "Hog Chapter's", "Wild Pigs" Clubs, and "Wanna Be" Rallies...
You wanna be like us...
So no matter how much that Bike cost... How far You trailer it...
How many miles you brag about... How much leather you wear...
Or How many mustard covered weinies Your Old lady choked on...
You are not one of *US* until you learn what Brotherhood means and LIVE it!
I was reflecting on this.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by buffgunner
So, I'm trying to understand this. Being a "biker" is all about being free as long as you're a "badass" harley riding 1%er. All others that ride a Harley because they like it but also have a good job and and a mortgage are beneath contempt because they admire the idea of a biker but don't have the desire to downgrade their lifestyle, get some tatoos, and stop bathing as often.

This irrational hatred reminds me of Prius drivers with their "coexist" stickers in the back window. It isn't about the ride, it's about who you get to feel superior to!
you're obviously one of the guys Frenchman referred to. You've written in so much that the article did NOT say, but your mindset won't let you see out of the box. There was no "code", no "regulation" per se insinuated, but a different mindset that defines a biker, if biker is something that actually can be defined.
I thought it was one of the better ones I've read, and I allow that there are a few businessmen, LEO's, youngsters, or generally straight-looking cleancut average looking folks that get it and live it.
You just tried to put everybody back in the Hollywood box.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One difference between a PHer and Non-PHer is we (Patch Holders) know what is like to not be in an MC. No one is out there forcing Joe citizen to prospect or put on a patch. Joe citizen seeks us out and wants to be part of our brotherhood. I picked my path, don’t follow me, follow your individual route.

For those that say, “I’m not gonna prospect” or whatever, good for you. You are not someone that wants to be part of something greater than self, fine. Not everyone can be a Patch and for those of us up for the challenge the Patch is very heavy. I am a 20 yr Army Vet with 3 tours in the Box, at no time have I ever felt like someone’s bitch including when I was a prospect, NEVER! It’s a rite of passage, a time honored tradition in the MC world.

For those that say they are not gonna be told where and when to ride and blah blah blah, cuz it about freedom. Really? Lets see, I ride where I want, with who I choose and when I want. I can go into your Mall, Starbucks or local watering hole. You cannot come into my clubhouse without an invite. I can also take off by myself or with the OL and go on a trip, do it often. Just like in my Military career, I can live in the toxic environment of combat and back in the world. I can exist wherever. Freedom? Restriction? REALLY?

Well I don’t give a ****, I’ll put on whatever patch I want? Sure go for it, make sure you have a business card that you can whip that says “I don’t play that game”. It should work. I didn’t write the traditions, so if you want to challenge, do it! Why is it that you guys are always telling someone ELSE to wear what THEY want? Where are all the stories about how you made your own MC patch and told the 1%er, PHer or whoever to go to hell and it worked? You are just setting someone else up for failure…PERIOD. That is complete opposite of brotherhood. You can keep your “Lone Wolf” mentality if that’s what it is about.

Last edited by AtkRWC; 01-13-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good post with good points.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 AM
cobby
Tourer

"Sometimes it's heaven, sometimes it's hell, sometimes I don't even know." (Willie Nelson)

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
you're obviously one of the guys Frenchman referred to. You've written in so much that the article did NOT say, but your mindset won't let you see out of the box. There was no "code", no "regulation" per se insinuated, but a different mindset that defines a biker, if biker is something that actually can be defined.
I thought it was one of the better ones I've read, and I allow that there are a few businessmen, LEO's, youngsters, or generally straight-looking cleancut average looking folks that get it and live it.
You just tried to put everybody back in the Hollywood box.
Got your back on that one , well said .

Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Twistey, I think we need to grab Alkay, bjewell and a few others here and go to pick up our puppy quadancer for a ride. That bro has potential. We'll just take him for a classic little afternoon stroll.
Something like having a quick dinner in Denver/CO or something.

God, his wife would hate our very bones, but it would be fun as heck.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

I'm considering a drop in on Gypsy sometime , I like that gal she's got more chops than 3/4 of this place stacked . I decide to make that real I'll put the word out .

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??