The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I know at least 5 chicks that would hit that
Yep , ah the memories of my oh so happily wasted youth

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, there's nothing like 2 girls doing kissy face to get you a rock solid one.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM
spizike9
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
the moco needs the posers to stay in business...they buy most of the new bikes that are sold. the posers then provide well maintained low mileage used bikes for the rest of us. they are a very important part of the supply chain. accept them for what they are--some of them will even become bikers!
So funny and yet so true.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Whatever a 'biker' is....and heeeere we go again....

Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

I found this on another site and thought it might be relevant to the original subject of this thread. It explains how being a biker isn't a fad but a lifestyle so I thought I'd share.

Biker Lifestyle:

It's not just about owning a bike or how much you spend on it...It's not about how many miles you ride a year or how many bike functions you attend...
It's not about how much leather you wear or how many trophies you have won...It's NOT about "Harley Davidson" or how many black T-shirts you own...
It's about the untraveled miles that lie in wait...And of all the People you met in your journeys...
It's about a feeling of Oneness: You and Your Bike. That scream and rumble beneath your ***...
That look of wonder and amazement of the crowd that gathers as you drive two by two roaring through the city streets...
It's about those lonely nights when you're freezing your *** off and wish nothing more than a friendly face to offer you a smile...
It's about the wind in your face, The fight against Nature and how much dust and rain You have wiped from Your brow...
It's about making your own rules, Believing in what we stand for...
A Stand we make against a system that tries to hold us back...
A system that cages our Brothers for senseless reasons...and struggles we have and will fight for to the bitter end...
It's about helping a Brother, Being there when all the chips are down...
Lending a hand despite the circumstances, Going that extra mile...
It's about our Freedom... Our Independence... Our Fight... Our Lifestyle...
It's about Honesty, Loyalty, and Respect! It's ALL about the Honor of Brotherhood!
Yuppies and Rub's read this and weep. We haven't respect for You...
You guys are just Men on Motor Cycles, NOT Bikers...
10 years ago You all hated us...
Now with Your "Hog Chapter's", "Wild Pigs" Clubs, and "Wanna Be" Rallies...
You wanna be like us...
So no matter how much that Bike cost... How far You trailer it...
How many miles you brag about... How much leather you wear...
Or How many mustard covered weinies Your Old lady choked on...
You are not one of *US* until you learn what Brotherhood means and LIVE it!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
Such arrogance. Why would anyone give a fvck if some stranger respects them?

Yeah, so? Not everyone aspires to achieve that "goal" as it has been defined in this forum.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Ride Free Motorcyle Tours
Stage I
Default All Good

It's all good.
There is room enough for everyone to have fun.

Ride Free!

Wil

www.ridefree.com Motorcycle Tours
www.sakowskimotors.com Hot Rods

Attached Thumbnails Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??-route-66-to-oatman-low-res-copy.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I found this on another site and thought it might be relevant to the original subject of this thread. It explains how being a biker isn't a fad but a lifestyle so I thought I'd share.

Biker Lifestyle:

It's not just about owning a bike or how much you spend on it...It's not about how many miles you ride a year or how many bike functions you attend...
It's not about how much leather you wear or how many trophies you have won...It's NOT about "Harley Davidson" or how many black T-shirts you own...
It's about the untraveled miles that lie in wait...And of all the People you met in your journeys...
It's about a feeling of Oneness: You and Your Bike. That scream and rumble beneath your ***...
That look of wonder and amazement of the crowd that gathers as you drive two by two roaring through the city streets...
It's about those lonely nights when you're freezing your *** off and wish nothing more than a friendly face to offer you a smile...
It's about the wind in your face, The fight against Nature and how much dust and rain You have wiped from Your brow...
A system that cages our Brothers for senseless reasons...and struggles we have and will fight for to the bitter end...
It's about Honesty, Loyalty, and Respect! It's ALL about the Honor of Brotherhood!
You wanna be like us...

Thanks, bro.
This is what I'm taking about. And this is also what they don't understand, and never will.

Ride hard

Old 01-12-2012, 08:05 PM
buffgunner
Advanced

Biker Lifestyle:

You wanna be like us...
So, I'm trying to understand this. Being a "biker" is all about being free as long as you're a "badass" harley riding 1%er. All others that ride a Harley because they like it but also have a good job and and a mortgage are beneath contempt because they admire the idea of a biker but don't have the desire to downgrade their lifestyle, get some tatoos, and stop bathing as often.

This irrational hatred reminds me of Prius drivers with their "coexist" stickers in the back window. It isn't about the ride, it's about who you get to feel superior to!

Interesting observation: I pass a guy on the way to work that rides a Big Dog chopper - nice looking ride. When I pass him on my Goldwing, he takes great pains to avoid noticing me - although I always wave to him. When I ride the Ducati - he always waves - usually before I do. I can’t decide if he’s a poser, loser, or just another clown with an inferiority complex.

Last edited by buffgunner; 01-12-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by buffgunner
So, I'm trying to understand this.

Interesting observation: I pass a guy on the way to work that rides a Big Dog chopper - nice looking ride. When I pass him on my Goldwing, he takes great pains to avoid noticing me - although I always wave to him. When I ride the Ducati - he always waves - usually before I do. I can’t decide if he’s a poser, loser, or just another clown with an inferiority complex.[[[[[]\
He just hates ''rice'' Don't take it personally. I owned a susuki once, a couple yamahas' too. But You shouldn't judge on a wave...........thats not the reason , patriotism, fighting (and dying) for your country. Thats how this started in the first place, Gi's coming home from ww2, and not wanting too conform too society as they saw it. pdsd, aside. If I saw half the **** these guys saw, I would be a bad *** biker too!/ I'll settle for a bad *** trucker 1st, biker second. Here's my wave!

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??