The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
nilro
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
agueybana
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

what's wrong with the S.O.A. t-shirt? ...lol

Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Thats iced tea.........she aint no john belushi!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIC0T...eature=related

Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
tburns
6th Gear
Default Hate to admit it but Frenchie's right.

Originally Posted by frenchman
Well, here's my little rant.
there used to be few of us. When we crossed each other on the road, we raised a fist in the wind, just because it was nice to see another biker from time to time. Now, you'd get a nasty cramp in your biceps if you'd give the "Harley-wave" (yup, that's what they call it nowadays) to everybody.
We used to gather in places like Sturgis, Daytona and Laconia. Then, in the 90ies, something changed. The lawyers and clean cut cubicle monkeys started showing up, and there were more and more every year. They transformed the bike weeks into family events, showing up with their trailers, their RVs and their little spoiled brats. The old hardcore people couldn't even find each other anymore, because the whole thing became huge, and with those clowns came the greedy vendors and all those people who just wanted what's in your wallet.
Society used to leave us alone. We kept for ourselves on our side of the fence, and the lawyers, teachers and insurance agents stood on theirs. We stood up for ourselves and for another. We were'nt pretty. Beards, long hair, and what the fancy guys on here call now "pirate outfit". Then, it became a fashion statement to ride a Harley, and all those nice citizens started riding, just to show their community that they could afford a harley with more bling then the next guy. Didn't make them bikers, tho. It takes more then moving a bike from A to B to be one. It takes *****. Want an example? Take Gypsylady. Lost an arm in a motorcycle accident, got back on her feet, and first thing she does is to get a bike that fits her needs, and get back on the road. That girl has more grit then a million of these stock brokers in their overpriced high viz gear, their full face helmets and their HD brand mesh jackets.
The rest of society used to look down on us. In their book, we were scum, and we used to pitty them for their way of life. Now, those buffoons wat the best of both worlds. They want their nice 9-5 jobs, their fancy houses with white picket fences and 2 car garage, they want their middle class cage and their middle class hobbies AND they want to be like us. They dress up on the week end as if it was fuggin halloween, and would love to blend in with the real guys (yep, still a few of us out there). What they don't get is that as long as you have the cops on speed dial #1. your layer on #2, and your office number on #3, you won't get acceptance from the old hardcore crowd.
And patches. They love patches. HOG, SOA, black label society, silent skulls. If not that, it has to at least be a ***** G. skull on their brand store jacket. HD everywhere. 5 times on their jacket, twice on the kevlar reinforced pants, the boots, the belt, the zippo (if they really dare smoking, duh), a HD ring, sunglasses, helmet (yuck), and so on. Gotta show what you got.
2 weeks ago, I met one of the old school guys. He was on a RK custom, having a coffee next door to where I work. He even stopped riding for a while, when those legions of biker playing suburb warriors took over. Sometimes, I exactly know how that feels like.
BTW, I just described 98% of the people on here. Guys like that cameraboy clown, or that Dan Conner jackwagon, are a dime a dozen here. Others, like twizted biker, Hamburglar, Gumpmeister, Gonzeh, Alkay and few others, not so much.

Well, I was just here to read what's new and after finding this thread and reading Frenchman's rant/truth I had to think a bit...about my own history and those biker's I now ride with time to time.
I started in the '60's on a 50cc mo-ped which I had bored out to 65cc. (Zowie!) In '69 I bought a used, custom Harley Sprint...and the whole world opened up for me. 2 Yama's, 2 Honda's, a Kaw, a Penton and five Harleys later I still find myself as a mostly solo rider.
Sure, I ride with friends. Gotta admit, almost none, barring 2 or 3 close friends, started out the way I did. They bought in when it became cool and keep adding crap after (market) crap every other month.
Still...it is a big part of what keeps the Motorcycle world spinning and forces the technology to keep up.
I wear no patches or Willie G stuff, just my old Sgt. stripes on my windshield bag. But that doesn't make me any better than the newbies. We all drink the same beer.
I guess that's all I wanted to add. 'Cept for a story of a 1% I new who lost his leg to a bike crash. Funniest story I ever heard. He got back on with a new prosthetic leg that wasn't completely fitted yet. A mile from the bar the damn thing fell off and he had to skid sideways into the parking lot to stop. Now there's a true biker...and he still rides today.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

I got nothing.........this poser is going too work, with a brotherhood not known too many, but akin to the real biker mentality.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

I would hit it.

Originally Posted by nilro

Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
justice469
Advanced

Plus 1

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
I would hit it.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
I would hit it.
I can't think of 5 straight guys who wouldn't.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by frenchman
I can't think of 5 straight guys who wouldn't.
I know at least 5 chicks that would hit that

Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hagger
Conch...

Conch shell...

Conch chowder...
Tastes great but raw looks like something that's been coughed up by a lung cancer patient.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??