The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
kountry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys I just have a few more hous at work. Let's keep it going til 6 pst. This has been my amusement all day.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
BearNVa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK so aside from all this bullshit and web talk with hardassness, when are we all gonna get together and have drink?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garandman
Not sure if serious?

BMW has sold tons of GS's [Gelande Strasse / Land/Street] especially after the movie "Wrong Way Round" came out. There is significant scorn for the pristine GS with flawless Hepco-Becker aluminum bags ridden by an Aerostich-clad rider with [always] a Schuberth flip-up helmet. You do not need a $19,000 BMW R1200GS Adventure with an 8 gallon fuel tank to ride to Starbucks. I maintain BMW clubs are so popular because it takes three guys to pick one up.

And sport bike posers? Uhh. Next time you see a liter bike, take a look at the back tire and dollars to donuts there's a chicken strip the width of a dollar bill. If you got "worms" on the outer edges, you get respect....

Bottom line: apparently we all suck.

Danner FTW!
you're right very few BMW GS riders use them they way they are intended. They claim that GS is a good touring rig.... I don't get either, but they RIDE. do you see GS riders standing around like black leather hard-ons at a local biker bar or bike night? I doubt it.
Sport bike riders often use them for drag racing, so thats why you see all the stretched swing arms.
one thing both groups have in common is safety gear. sure there are squids, but there are more serious riders that buy and use good gear instead of chaps and fingerless gloves..
btw, I used to be a track school instructor and used to see all kinds of groups and individuals come thru our school. less than 1% on harleys, though.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:53 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
Yup me too. Always hated the political bullshit in the scene but loved everything else. Couldnt buy into the view that a trad was a fence sitter. It used to not be like that. All the crews i ran with and even the one i helped start was made up of skins who kept their political opinions to themselves. Being a skin always came first and everything after that didnt matter much.......lmao but thats a whole other topic thats best left over a few beers.
sounds good. lets have few, crank up Screwdriver and go kick some Paki ***!!!
j/k

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This bad *** biker thing reminds me of something that happened to me 35 some YEARS ago.

I was a strapping young lad of 15 or so, when my dad needed a part for his bike. He took me with him to Belmont HD in St. Paul MN, now Twin Cities HD.

I rememeber the place was a shithole. Everyone in there was a mean looking son of a bitch including the parts guy.

The old man could see I was a bit nervous. "Mind your own business, be respectful. Nobody will bother you."

All these bad *** biker threads ALWAYS bring me back to that first day I went with him to Belmont HD.

After many trips to the place the mean looking son of a bitch turned out to be a nice guy.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
blkluck
Intermediate

ok i have a question. all my family, fother 2 uncles grand dad, all ride harleys. by ucle owned a harley shop in myrtal beach and in baltimore. i am a solider in the us army and have been for 9 years hell i spent 3 years in Iraq.and when i get out i will be opeing my own HD repar shop.but as for now i will probly be buying my first bike most lilkly a street glide witch i will buy when i have the means to buy it and i will probly wable my but down the road and probly drag my feet to take off. im not going to buy a bike just to have a HD i could get any number of bikes but i want what i want. And if you seen me i have to have short hair and woul dprobly think i am some kinda offiec guy. i have to ride all the protective gear to include a reflective vest if i dont and crash i loose my rank and the army will not pay for my life insurance if god forbid i die. yet you sit here telling me that becuse i was not there when you rode back in the day i wont be a biker. i keep seeing o realy bikers dont care what people think or say but yet your on a forum!!! talking about bikes and ****. i have family friends that would probly laugh in you rface if you sat here talking about being a "biker" that is not a title you put on your self that is a title others put on you its a lable. what are you a 1%? hell you guys sit here saying a women is harder then most and here i thought " bikers " say that weman belong on the back of bikes not rideing them. its all just labels. your sturges was better then the sturges now becuse corperation got envovled just like every thing else greed kills. there is a new generation of riders look at what harly is doing ot there bike. the xbones 48 nightster there not the old softale any more. sorry but those bikes just dont apeal to the new croud and the old croud has the bikes already. so what am i sapose to do no buy a bike becuse i have to wear stupid *** gear or becuse i dont know how to ride just yet? i will have the endorsmand and the saftly classes and every thing nice an proper befor i buy becuse thats what i have to do. As for MC's why do you care if the "Wild Hogs" want to go out and feel good about them selfs are they going to kill your self image ? just ride and enjoy life hell maybe ill buy you a beer one day.

Last edited by blkluck; 06-23-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by alkay191
sounds good. lets have few, crank up Screwdriver and go kick some Paki ***!!!
j/k
Hey after spending the last 5 yrs in Afghanistan I can see how Paki bashing would be appealing......oh **** did i just say that out loud?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
kountry
Road Master

Blkluck judging from your spelling you are a hardcore biker. Lol thanks for service.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
Hey after spending the last 5 yrs in Afghanistan I can see how Paki bashing would be appealing......oh **** did i just say that out loud?
I'm sure you know why they wear turbans ....

Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM
blkluck
Intermediate

haha na spiting out a fast post befor my 1SG has me run around

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??