The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Man I got a funny comment about that picture.................Ok I'll just ask, why is one dude 's legs open, and the other isn't?...........

Old 12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't even know who all to quote...geez...

Rocket- "Doesn't he mean retorical, not hypothetical? ........hmmmmmm. smart? I dunno, sounds just as dumb as any of us bikers.........."

Glad someone caught that one. I didn't claim to be one of the smarties, so if you want to get technical it could be hypothetical. I just said "some of us are educated". I for instance, dropped out of community college. But I'm with you, I don't think anyone can disagree that we should just be called All Stars!

BlackPharaoh- "you began in your mid-life crisis on a RK, equivalent to a touring bus"

Again...you people are all quite quick to pigeonhole or think you've got everyone figured out. Mid-life crisis? You think I'm some clean-cut, suit-wearing 50 year old State Farm agent with a business degree? Quite the contrary...I'm 26, dropped out of college, have a scruffy beard and I don't tuck in my shirt at work (if that doesn't make me a biker I don't know what does)

Twizted- "You need the experience that comes from lighter smaller scooters it does play over and there's things you'll learn on a smaller hot bike the land barges can't do"

You hit the nail on the head with your definition of a biker, kudos. I'm glad someone stepped up, but who is that guy in the picture with the band-aid on his neck? (just kidding)

And everyone, for the record, I don't, nor have I ever owned a Road King. It's what I learned on, but I also took 3 day local Rider's course on a Honda Shadow, I've ridden dirt bikes in the desert and I currently own a Dyna. I understand that every Tom, Dick and Harry that buys a Touring bike aren't bikers...

I'm heading out, New Years Ride this afternoon and tomorrow and enjoying the 80 degree San Diego weekend. Happy New Years guys.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Youre funny.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19

Rocket- "Doesn't he mean retorical, not hypothetical? ........hmmmmmm. smart? I dunno, sounds just as dumb as any of us bikers.........."

Glad someone caught that one. I didn't claim to be one of the smarties, so if you want to get technical it could be hypothetical. I just said "some of us are educated". I for instance, dropped out of community college. But I'm with you, I don't think anyone can disagree that we should just be called All Stars!

BlackPharaoh- "you began in your mid-life crisis on a RK, equivalent to a touring bus"

Again...you people are all quite quick to pigeonhole or think you've got everyone figured out. Mid-life crisis? You think I'm some clean-cut, suit-wearing 50 year old State Farm agent with a business degree? Quite the contrary...I'm 26, dropped out of college, have a scruffy beard and I don't tuck in my shirt at work (if that doesn't make me a biker I don't know what does)

Twizted- "You need the experience that comes from lighter smaller scooters it does play over and there's things you'll learn on a smaller hot bike the land barges can't do"

You hit the nail on the head with your definition of a biker, kudos. I'm glad someone stepped up, but who is that guy in the picture with the band-aid on his neck? (just kidding)

And everyone, for the record, I don't, nor have I ever owned a Road King. It's what I learned on, but I also took 3 day local Rider's course on a Honda Shadow, I've ridden dirt bikes in the desert and I currently own a Dyna. I understand that every Tom, Dick and Harry that buys a Touring bike aren't bikers...

I'm heading out, New Years Ride this afternoon and tomorrow and enjoying the 80 degree San Diego weekend. Happy New Years guys.
Not saying that's the definition per say but that's what I've watched , learned and lived the last 40 yrs on a bike .

Old 12-31-2011, 02:51 PM
torchman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twisted

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
YES.......I just couldn`t resist
Let me pass on a bit of hard earned wisdom owning and riding a bike and it doesn't matter if you've been to Jupiter and back does not make you a biker , it makes you an owner and an avid rider period . Biker is something else entirely and it ain't the SOA bullshit stereo type nor does it mean you have to be in a 1%er club so save your breath and I'm not getting into conversation explaining it again .

Poser is someone who dresses , acts and talks big about things they don't have a clue about nor belong in because they haven't earned the right to yet . It's that's simple , they come in all walks of life just the all guys who dress and talk big about being navy Seals , Rangers or spec Op dudes I've yet to meet a fucing cook or laundry guy from any military branch . Or all the big white hats and huge belt buckles in most country western bars in any city , closest they ever came to frigging cow is a glass of milk . Catching my drift here ? .[/quote]
twisted don`t be quotin me cuz i aint no insurance guy or no lawyer. i wreck **** for a livin so lets get that straight.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Dude, did you really just tell me because you dropped out of college, rock a beard, and don't tuck your shirt at work, that it makes you a biker?!?

F'n clueless...

Yeah, you've been riding 3 years and got stones to write that you "think" cause you dress a certain way, you're a biker.

My Man, you're a f'n POSER if you think that's what it takes. (You dress the part - LMAO)

What makes you think bikers are uneducated?

I suggest you continue to ride, and get your degree... Figure yourself out and you'll know in a few years where you stand.

You have a lot to learn... I'm not that much older than you!

Last edited by Honey-Badger; 12-31-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:57 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Guess he told us.......fukking san diego, good lord.........putz.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:58 PM
torchman
Road Master
Default emerican19

So by posting pictures and saying "this is a real biker", you're actually supporting the argument that one must look a certain way to be a real biker?

Trust me, I get it. I know what a poser is and what a real biker is, but I'd just love to hear some of you try to explain it.

It hilarious that this whole thread started out with a guy judging someone else's looks and attitude, does a real biker give two ***** about what kind of bike or tattoo some girl at work has?

The majority of you started on dirt bikes or a small Honda. I learned to ride on a Road King. With the mentality of this thread, I'm a better rider than you because I started on a bigger, heavier bike with more power right?

Let's all just ride it out and be merry and gay (can't wait to hear the replies to this one)
dont fokin confuse me with this guy dammit

Old 12-31-2011, 03:02 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

twisted don`t be quotin me cuz i aint no insurance guy or no lawyer. i wreck **** for a livin so lets get that straight.
I think he quoted you for what you wrote, not what you do.................god knows what we are, biker,poser, wannabee,jackass hell I fit into a couple a those.........

Old 12-31-2011, 03:16 PM
torchman
Road Master
Default no way cuz

Originally Posted by rocket23
I think he quoted you for what you wrote, not what you do.................god knows what we are, biker,poser, wannabee,jackass hell I fit into a couple a those.........
it aint what i wrote, it was this emerican19 that wrote it, i was quotin him but it came up wrong so im straightinin that **** out, i was reply to EMERICAN19 dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??