The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
Ok. Well if you know the difference between a poser and a real biker the why not explain it instead of asking us?
Because it's more entertaining this way. I like to stir the pot. Of course I'm smart enough to know I'm not a biker. I DON'T actually think I'm better than anyone, every question I asked was hypothetical and no one could answer. Obviously, even though I learned on a Road King, I've only been riding about 3 years. I know there's people here that have ridden 10, 20, 30, 40 years....

My whole argument is that almost every single person on this forum is quick to say what a "biker" isn't, but very few can define to them what a biker is.

What if the guy on the left works for State Farm part time. Is he a poser? He's got age, a vest and a beard. What if this is his weekend costume? You cant pigeonhole people that have a job as not being bikers.

I think you've all pinned me as the insurance guy below, when in reality I'm nothing like that.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
So by posting pictures and saying "this is a real biker", you're actually supporting the argument that one must look a certain way to be a real biker?

Trust me, I get it. I know what a poser is and what a real biker is, but I'd just love to hear some of you try to explain it.

It hilarious that this whole thread started out with a guy judging someone else's looks and attitude, does a real biker give two ***** about what kind of bike or tattoo some girl at work has?

The majority of you started on dirt bikes or a small Honda. I learned to ride on a Road King. With the mentality of this thread, I'm a better rider than you because I started on a bigger, heavier bike with more power right?

Let's all just ride it out and be merry and gay (can't wait to hear the replies to this one)
Flag on that play , wrong answer padi wan . My sig pic bike and I where old friends with more miles than you'll ride in your lifetime before the Road King was invented . You will become a better rider over time as you garner experience but one bike doesn't do it , it limits you . You need the experience that comes from lighter smaller scooters it does play over and there's things you'll learn on a smaller hot bike the land barges can't do . You won't learn hard corning , counter steering , body english or getting all the chicken strip on the sidewalls on a fat bike doing hard twisties . Just saying you know .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 12-31-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:26 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Ok from now on bikers an posers, (insurance geeks too). Will all be known hence forth as ALL STARS.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWH...eature=related

Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Na I sporting a nice goatee now a days , to much white in the mirror first thing in the money blind you . My younger days are whole different story with a pony tail half to my *** and a braided beard

Those boy just had some good old fashion road grit on them that's all , that's what happens when you pussies come out from in back of those windshields .
Old fashion road grit. Pfft. Thats poser ****. I took a big ol dragonfly in the teeth the other day going 60. Thank goodness I had my Wet Ones wipes and hand santizer

Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Because it's more entertaining this way. I like to stir the pot. Of course I'm smart enough to know I'm not a biker. I DON'T actually think I'm better than anyone, every question I asked was hypothetical and no one could answer. Obviously, even though I learned on a Road King, I've only been riding about 3 years. I know there's people here that have ridden 10, 20, 30, 40 years....

My whole argument is that almost every single person on this forum is quick to say what a "biker" isn't, but very few can define to them what a biker is.

What if the guy on the left works for State Farm part time. Is he a poser? He's got age, a vest and a beard. What if this is his weekend costume? You cant pigeonhole people that have a job as not being bikers.

I think you've all pinned me as the insurance guy below, when in reality I'm nothing like that.

Well just for ***** and giggle go ahead and tell us your definition of a biker and we'll let Twisted grade your reponse.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Doesn't he mean retorical, not hypothetical? ........hmmmmmm. smart? I dunno, sounds just as dumb as any of us bikers..........

Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Dude, you have a few posts and 3 yrs on two wheels. You've already been told to STFU and read and learn.

Your questions reflect more about your level, and "noobness" than the content of your garbage rant.

Yeah, you're much better than anyone who began riding at the age you were playing with barbies and GI Joes, because you began in your mid-life crisis on a RK, equivalent to a touring bus.

Def: of a biker? Everything you're not. Start there. Scrub!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Dude, you have a few posts and 3 yrs on two wheels. You've already been told to STFU and read and learn.

Your questions reflect more about your level, and "noobness" than the content of your garbage rant.

Yeah, you're much better than anyone who began riding at the age you were playing with barbies and GI Joes, because you began in your mid-life crisis on a RK, equivalent to a touring bus.

Def: of a biker? Everything you're not. Start there. Scrub!

Number 1?! ENGAGE!!

Ha ha I'm just here for the post count. Did ya notice nooby rhymes with booby??

Old 12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Your fishing friend that's all , a biker is many things sometimes he looks just like the guys in the black & white video , or he be could the totally pierced out walking hardware ad , might the guy in the Armani with the Mac laptop at the last regional managers meeting . Point is there isn't a defining look like all the popular pirate wanna be's , we used to dress that way because it was practical for the era and the machines . Oil splatter is easier to clean off leather than silk and a black tee shirt hides the aw ****'s a bit till you could get to a clean one , now it's freaking fashion show the whole unspoken thing with the MoCo clothes line is the secret Bad Boy you become if you buy a harley and it's pimped hard by the dealers .

Biker is about the man and who he is inside , what he believes and how he chooses to live his life sometimes by the accepted rules , sometimes not . How ever it is bet your *** it's his decision nobody made him do it and he does the walk and lives under his own set of values and you may find they are higher than most peoples in a lot of ways .

Biker isn't about what kind of bike you ride , I've known bikers on 3 continents and outside of the states here most were not on a harley . Ran into a couple real decent guys in the Houtong district in Beijing , riding what they have there & had them all pimped out but they were doing it their way screw the government . That's ball's in that country .

You can't define what a biker is , he just is you evolve into it over time and it start's with a guy who just doesn't quit fit in the regular world Don't care how much the world pounds his square peg it won't go in that round hole . That personally type is who becomes a biker or the explorer or big daredevil risk taker or climbs K2 just because we don't do normal well at all .

Sturgis 86 trip breaking my 18 yr old brother in , he had been riding 3 weeks at the point first bike was 1980 lower rider spent a week running around the hood then we where off for 3000 mi. and he rode another 1000 to get home after alone , Biker .

Old 12-31-2011, 02:07 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Let me put it this way take a hard look , think I am a biker or a weekend weasel in new leather ?

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??