The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
I had a 250 yamaha thumper.......4 stroke. ran a 600 honda once, just once lol.That ****** had some *****! lifted the front without even trying......
No Lie....my XL600 is freakin fast, and from a takeoff you do have to worry about keeping the front end planted. In 86 I bought a new one but ended up selling it. A few years ago, came across another one and snatched it up. Have no clue why I did this but put an XR motor bumped to 628 in it, baja style. Sometimes I do **** that just don't make any sense!

Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol. had an 87 XR600 in high school and that thing hauled ***. I only weighed 145 and wouldnt even compress the suspension when I sat on it. Roll on wheelies in 3rd gear. If you didnt use the decompression lever and the kick starter kicked back, it would literally pop me off the bike. That was a fun bike.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
rddudley19
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no poser

I have ridden a Honda for years, bought my first Harley about a month ago, (2008 EGC, stage II). I love it. I didnt buy for status, I bought it for ME! I have a $300 HD jacket paid $90 for it 5 yrs ago, no patches, I wear HD boots because they are good boots that last a long time. I have one vest that I bought for PGR missions. Patches still not on. All patches are patriot patches. I ride my ECG everyday. If the weather is bad then I ride my honda VTX. If its really bad then I ride my silverado. I am not trying to fit into any crowd I ride alone. I ride for my soul, it makes me happy to ride my scoot either one of them. I am a soul rider.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rddudley19
I am not trying to fit into any crowd I ride alone. I ride for my soul, it makes me happy to ride my scoot either one of them. I am a soul rider.
We all start out that way...then we make friends! ;-) j/k

Welcome to the forums...

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
King of beasts
Intermediate

Last year was talking 2 some buds at cruizers bar in Stateline ID. when a uppy biker came walking in with pink button down coller shirt eddie baur kaki shorts and flipflops on. had just bought new road king was lost looking for fun.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Nothing's changed. Riding has always been my only escape. Besides drinkin'. Now that I don't drink anymore I ride more, only it's on a machine that has some soul and isn't made of plastic!

Old 12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
torchman
Road Master
Default hottttt

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
That's why I quit putting all the real spicey crap on my burritos ......
here in sconie we eat that spicy s#!t all winter long, just to feel like we are some what warm workin outside in the deepfreeze all winter long. summer time don`t touch it. everyone thinks running a torch in the winter keeps ya warm. ya a flame 4 feet away keeps ur hands warm holdin on to a set of brass pipes with liquid oxygen runnin through em at 350 psi.. hahahahahahaha gota love wreckin s#!T THOUGH

Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by King of beasts
Last year was talking 2 some buds at cruizers bar in Stateline ID. when a uppy biker came walking in with pink button down coller shirt eddie baur kaki shorts and flipflops on. had just bought new road king was lost looking for fun.
There's got to be more to this story..............

Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I was always busted up does that count ? My dirt bike days consisted of a BSA 441 Victor 1 lunger and that thing whipped my *** evertime I got on it .
Dammitboy!!! I HAD one of those things myself! It would chug up a 45 degree hill throwing shovelfulls of dirt out the back on every thump! Torque monster too, but slow on the shifting, so the 2 stroke domination was a given back then. I spent 4 hours riding for 2 hours washing and prepping afterward.
Hit the trail and the posers fade back, regardless of the gear mommy bought them - we used to say "if you ain't crashin' you ain't goin' fast enough!"

Doc and pacemaker made me quit - can't get unplugged in the Georgia heat wearing full armor in a full sweat. That ain't good for longevity, he said.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Dammitboy!!! I HAD one of those things myself! It would chug up a 45 degree hill throwing shovelfulls of dirt out the back on every thump! Torque monster too, but slow on the shifting, so the 2 stroke domination was a given back then. I spent 4 hours riding for 2 hours washing and prepping afterward.
Hit the trail and the posers fade back, regardless of the gear mommy bought them - we used to say "if you ain't crashin' you ain't goin' fast enough!"

Doc and pacemaker made me quit - can't get unplugged in the Georgia heat wearing full armor in a full sweat. That ain't good for longevity, he said.
Put the smallest front sprocket on I could and it would climb an almost vertical hill just thumping a rooster tail with bucket sized chunks flying , the ricer big inch bike where just hitting it big then had me so outclassed wasn't funny . It was big , heavy , not a fast revving bike and beat senseless with stoneage suspension . No starting bitch too .

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??