The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent777
Well then it's YOUR problem, not theirs. Why do you give a F**K? How does it affect your life? Damn dude, you're like the little old nosey neighbor lady.
you're right and I didn't phrase it correctly.

the "problem" is more of source of amusement and this little old lady is easily amused.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
Well the number four is the death word in Japan -- my other home -- so I left it out on purpose like most of my friends there. Sorta like the number 13 only worse.

Sounds like you have some inner turmoil that has messed up a part of your life. Hope you can work it out. In the meantime hup-two on the maple syrup wouldja? I'm almost out and the weekend is here. Need it for my Satruday waffle/bacon/coffee/juice breakfast, highlight of my culinary life these days.

Or would you rather I buy Made in USA Vermont maple syrup? Your call dude but it could have big ramifications on the balance of trade...
No, no inner turmoil. I had a life lesson on putting faith in friends. Turns out, when the going gets tough, some people who you thought were your friends really aren't. And that's fine. A lesson well learned and a mistake to never be repeated. And I say to those people a big fat eff U! Now I got that off my chest. If they want to make things right, they have my number.

Back to the more serious topic of maple syrup. Yeah, I got a half a bottle in the door of my fridge, I think I'm going to pop some eggo's in for breakfast tomorrow. I have a hankerin for it now.

Do you want me to ship you a bottle? Is that even allowed? Homeland security might think it's a bottle of nytro! Well, if you're serious, and you think it's allowed, I'll send a bottle your way. haha.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
Bawhahahaahah.......really there is no better look. Although i always thought red laces in black Docs looked smart as hell. I havent kept up with lace language since the late 80s.
its all very localized these days.
my kid tried to explain some of local rules, but it just made my head hurt ....
I got another pair of black boots with black laces that I wear more often anyways.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alkay191
Any of you realize that this crap can only happen in harley world.
I've never met a bad *** dual sport biker, wannabe Goldwinger or a BMW poser.
Could it be that MoCo installs ******* magnets under the tank?
Not sure if serious?

BMW has sold tons of GS's [Gelande Strasse / Land/Street] especially after the movie "Wrong Way Round" came out. There is significant scorn for the pristine GS with flawless Hepco-Becker aluminum bags ridden by an Aerostich-clad rider with [always] a Schuberth flip-up helmet. You do not need a $19,000 BMW R1200GS Adventure with an 8 gallon fuel tank to ride to Starbucks. I maintain BMW clubs are so popular because it takes three guys to pick one up.

And sport bike posers? Uhh. Next time you see a liter bike, take a look at the back tire and dollars to donuts there's a chicken strip the width of a dollar bill. If you got "worms" on the outer edges, you get respect....

Bottom line: apparently we all suck.

its all very localized these days. my kid tried to explain some of local rules, but it just made my head hurt ....
I got another pair of black boots with black laces that I wear more often anyways.
Danner FTW!

Last edited by Garandman; 06-23-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not many here like my opinion and there even fewer I care about, but here it goes anyways,
Its all good if you're 40+ and got your first harley. Good for you and MoCo.
The only time I see that as a problem is when its an overnight change from a reasonable individual with a good job and family into a "look at me I'm a BAD *** now". We all know it happens.
I don't care what you say on this forum and what side of this issue you're on, but you can't lie to your self. Look in the mirror. Do you see a "biker", a rider, or a poser?
Only you can answer that question.
If you don't like being called "poser" , chances are you look or act like one. The only time names hurt is when they hit the target.

And please don't give me that "live and let live" ****. I got just as much right to my attitude as you do to yours. If I think you look stupid, I'll point and laugh. Its my right. Sure it comes with consequences .... you got a right to be offended and retaliate . I welcome that.
When I first came across a few of your posts in several threads, I admit I thought you were a doucherocket.

After reading some of your input, I think I "Get" where you're coming from. As a matter of fact, you're spot on a lot of the time.

What your NOT is diplomatic. And thats cool too.

It's pretty easy to figure a person out standing face to face. Some bullshit post on the internet? It can be hard.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Garandman
And sport bike posers? Uhh. Next time you see a liter bike, take a look at the back tire and dollars to donuts there's a chicken strip the width of a dollar bill. If you got "worms" on the outer edges, you get respect....

Bottom line: apparently we all suck.
LOL Hell I leave for 3 hours and all hell breaks lose!!! Can't a man drive home from work?!?!?!? As far sportbike posers I've got worms on my 05 VFR and am trying to put worms on my Fat Boy Lo without tearing **** up...

Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member

Nothing wrong with being affluent and owning a motorcycle. I not pretending to be a criminal or outlaw, I just enjoy riding.

Do I wear chaps, No.. They do not really give protection. I do wear over the pants Motorcycle pants.

Do I wear fake tattoos or got one because I ride, No, No ink on me man.

Do I have a black Leather Jacket, Yes, I wear it in the winter time and mesh in the summer.

Do I ride without a helmet.. No. I wear a FF helmet.

Do I wear fingerless gloves, No, Full Finger Gloves for me.

The only HD stuff I personally buy are themed t-shirts. Sort of a collection of where I have been.

My rant is ended.

Last edited by mi2az; 06-23-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with being affluent and owning a motorcycle
How much money you got? Help a brother out. My girlfriend REALLY wants new juggs.

C'mon man. Maybe some day we will run into you and show 'em to you.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
fast2live
Tourer

its all very localized these days.
my kid tried to explain some of local rules, but it just made my head hurt ....
Yup me too. Always hated the political bullshit in the scene but loved everything else. Couldnt buy into the view that a trad was a fence sitter. It used to not be like that. All the crews i ran with and even the one i helped start was made up of skins who kept their political opinions to themselves. Being a skin always came first and everything after that didnt matter much.......lmao but thats a whole other topic thats best left over a few beers.

Last edited by fast2live; 06-23-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Jerseybob
Advanced

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
+1 for sure.
+1 again

These clowns that write these "biker" "poser" threads make me laugh every time. If you’re online trying to explain to everyone what a "biker" is maybe your the "poser" by the definitions given in these explanations a true biker does not give a chit about anything. Why do they start to care when someone who makes a decent living wants to ride a Harley? Or where a Harley jacket? I truly don’t understand these threads.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??