The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 PM
moparnut426
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mentioned wannabe leadwingers... A very close friend of the families wife asked us on a little ride, "why dont I see any goldwing shirts, or leather jackets" They ride a 08 leadwing we dubbed the battlestar gelactica. Well anyway my father in law said , who would wear a leadwing jacket with pride? I thought she was gonna fall off her rear couch laughing so hard.

Im sure they are out there, but they are the scooter croud who want to upgrade to a goldwing....

Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moparnut426
Im not worried about who I am...
No, but you sure are worried about who everyone else is.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moparnut426
I guess just be yourself, whats wrong with that?
Nothing. You're the one judging people by what the buy.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:49 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by Agent777
Nothing. You're the one judging people by what the buy.
People are going to judge you no matter what. Who cares? I have a shaved head and full sleeve tats. Im used to being judged by just that alone. Guess what? Some of the conclusions people draw from it are right on the money and some arent. We all do it. I know i do. All i know is the only people who can hurt me are the ones i love, so judge away.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
whodares
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
+1 The first thing you might learn is that there are very few if any bikers on here because they don't give a s**t what anyone on here is doing as long as you leave them the f**k alone.
Also they can't figure out these new fangled computery thingies.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeus33
What's wrong with that is because the low lifes that dropped out of school in gr9 and joined a bike gang somehow feel superior to everyone else. If you make a good living and are well off enough to by a hog with cash you're somehow a second rate citizen. For example, go to the parts counter wearing pleated pants a shirt and tie and see what happens? You get second rate service, especially when a toothless fat *** walks in "hhhheyyy man hows it goinn".

Yeah I'm a bit bitter and disenchanted with the whole harley thing. Don't worry there is a story that I'm not ready to go public with. Maybe one day.
I have to say in defense of Manchester, NH HD and Boston HD at least that the parts folks are great and have had all but a couple items in stock. And some of the times I've been there I've been riding a Suzuki, wearing a hi-viz jacket, and carrying a FF helmet. Harley parts departments are better than just about any other MC brand.

The salespeople, OTOH - ask them about the suspension on the XR1200X and their heads explode like the scene in Total Recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17duGlHEYY

Last edited by Garandman; 06-23-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fast2live
Oh i can just see it now...."But i saw Jesse James wear white laces laddered in his oxblood Docs on a episode of Biker Build off!!!"
OUCH that was right on target ....

Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Any buffoon can own a Harley put loud pipes on it and what ever is the in trend apes, drag bars, big front wheels or whatever but whatever you do make sure you get a "Real Biker's" approval before you buy your safety gear heck you might even might have to loose a tooth or three but always make sure you don't pay cash for your bike. You take care of your #ss I'll take care of mine. It seems that most HD owners act like they're still seeking the approval of others like back in HS.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
ok, cool. I don't know what no 4 is but one point you left out is brotherhood, loyalty, stick up for your buddy in good times or bad that sort of thing. Am I correct?

That's great unless your buddy happens to work in an office then when **** goes down, to save your skin, you can totally **** up his life, rat him out, do everything you can to try to break up his marriage, lie about it, blame him just to save your own pathetic hyde.

All I ever hear in every one of those stupid 1% threads is "oh gotta respect them and they'll respect you". Well BULL CRAP. The ones I know are a bunck of sissy pansy *** good for nothing whining losers.

To rat a guy out, I thought that was about the lowest thing you could do? Apparently not.

Well the number four is the death word in Japan -- my other home -- so I left it out on purpose like most of my friends there. Sorta like the number 13 only worse.

Sounds like you have some inner turmoil that has messed up a part of your life. Hope you can work it out. In the meantime hup-two on the maple syrup wouldja? I'm almost out and the weekend is here. Need it for my Satruday waffle/bacon/coffee/juice breakfast, highlight of my culinary life these days.

Or would you rather I buy Made in USA Vermont maple syrup? Your call dude but it could have big ramifications on the balance of trade...

Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by alkay191
OUCH that was right on target ....

Bawhahahaahah.......really there is no better look. Although i always thought red laces in black Docs looked smart as hell. I havent kept up with lace language since the late 80s.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??