The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not good at math, but I know there are more dumbasses than asses

Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 AM
RockerSE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by alkay191
not good at math, but I know there are more dumbasses than asses
Don't discount us smartasses when running the numbers.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:08 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

The nice thing about living in a small town in texas is, that everybody knew me when I was riding a 3 hp mini bike in the second grade. The people that is still alive that knew me then will tell you that I am still the same kind harted God fearing man that I always was. No change in me just because I ride a HD Road King Classic

Old 12-25-2011, 09:24 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Holy crap. a lot of long answers.

to the op, i don't understand your frustration with the guy in shorts. he goes in to by a bike, and while there, gets the same riding gear most of us get, and you're doggin him for it? or is it because of the way he was dressed when he walked in?

Either way, if i were you, i would go for a ride and stop worrying about others and who are the posers and who are the "real" deal.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Maybe the guy has taken his motorcycle course, obtained his endorsement and has finally reached a level in his life where he can afford what he's always wanted, possibly even saved enough to avoid the finance charges. Maybe he didn't have any gear, because he's never had a bike. Maybe he can finally live the dream and be able to ride down the road with the biggest grin on his face he's ever had.

Evidently this guy has joined the very crowd Frenchman preaches about. I jumped the gun a bit with my post. I don't claim to be a biker, like those mentioned, those that do deserve respect and the tag of "biker". I just ride a Harley; it's my fourth, if you count my Buell. Before that it was Hondas and Yamahas. And yeah, my office is a cubicle in a high rise. But for a brief moment most every day, I get to live in another world that exists when I climb on the back of my Harley.

Did Frenchman or any of the other ole timers ever consider some of us were too young to ride in the good old days or pre' 70s or '80? We were getting educations, too young to ride, or engaged in other worthy activities. When did riding a Harley become only for those who rode way back in the day? When did bikers versus those who love to ride become a competition of who is worthy to ride a Harley? And what about the women riders? Way back when women riders were few and far between because it was not lady like and bikes were not built for women. As "bikers" are you discounting women riders too? I am disappointed with those bikers who are narrow minded, elitist, or insecure to the extent that they have to make themselves feel important by criticizing those of us who were too young, too poor, or not given the opportunity to ride until after we obtained a cubical job, saved, purchased, and then began riding a Harley after the '70s. I am happy that my circle of Harley biker friends are not so judgmental. Sorry DannyZ71 for the long response.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Saphira
Did Frenchman or any of the other ole timers ever consider some of us were too young to ride in the good old days or pre' 70s or '80? We were getting educations, too young to ride, or engaged in other worthy activities. When did riding a Harley become only for those who rode way back in the day? When did bikers versus those who love to ride become a competition of who is worthy to ride a Harley? And what about the women riders? Way back when women riders were few and far between because it was not lady like and bikes were not built for women. As "bikers" are you discounting women riders too? I am disappointed with those bikers who are narrow minded, elitist, or insecure to the extent that they have to make themselves feel important by criticizing those of us who were too young, too poor, or not given the opportunity to ride until after we obtained a cubical job, saved, purchased, and then began riding a Harley after the '70s. I am happy that my circle of Harley biker friends are not so judgmental. Sorry DannyZ71 for the long response.
I am disappointed with your reading comprehension.

No "old timers" here ever put down new, young or female riders.
The only ones that get bashed here are the ones
WHO BUY A BIKE AND IMMEDIATELY BECOME "BIKERS" IN THEIR MIND. or PRETEND TO BE.
please feel free to hang out with your circle of harley biker friends. If they are as dumb as you I wouldn't want to be a part of your circle anyways.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:25 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol. Nice response. Dick. Youre full of **** for saying no old timers on here ever talk **** about younger or new riders.

Last edited by spankdog; 12-25-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:32 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

bullshit.
btw, thanks for name calling. good thing you didn't do it to my face.
hang around here a bit and you just might learn the difference between those who are and those who just dress that way.

please point out where any old farts (with any class at all) bash young riders.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Saphira
Don't believe I've read anything by anyone dissing younger or female riders so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring where your coming from there . Like been stated many times the old guard doesn't care much for the shake & bake biker out of a box crew that's been trying their level best to overrun everything the last 10 yrs or so .

I'm really curious why it is all the new comers to this sport feel they have have a new & shiny toy and a bank account to be part of something today . If somebody really wanted to ride they got a used scooter and got busy , what changed ?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
bullshit.
btw, thanks for name calling. good thing you didn't do it to my face.
hang around here a bit and you just might learn the difference between those who are and those who just dress that way.

please point out where any old farts (with any class at all) bash young riders.
Well considering you called her dumb I figured name calling was in order. And save the badass routine for someone else. You dont know me. All Im saying is that in the short time I've been here I've seen plenty of "old timers" talk **** about new and young riders. Im not going to go digging through a bunch of threads to prove it. And just as many young guys thinking they know everything and talking **** about the old timers. Attitude and bullshit from both sides. There are ******** in every age group. And I dont need an internet forum to teach me the difference between the real deal and the posers.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??