The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
50 something Pirate, what a parrothead??
What's a parrothead?

Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride just because I like riding! And in my opinion... the less $$ I spend at a dealer is more $$ I can spend on my bike. I do own a harley jacket tho. A lot of the parts I buy, I get from the classifieds on this forum and I soak up the tech Q&As in the touring section like a sponge. I do as much as my own wrenching as I can.. like that stuff I do! On the most part... I can ride year round or not.. my choice. I don't "dress up" for runs,rallies things like that. People can accept me as I am .... or not.
Whatever you believe or don't believe in... just be safe!

Ride as much as you can ... learn from others and respect those that know more than you ... I know I do !

Ride safe everyone!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:23 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
What's a parrothead?

People who like really bad music by Jimmy Buffett. Just godawful pablum. My brother in law loves JB and he is a perfect example of an idiot that listen to Jimmy Buffett.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:31 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah

I come from a different gen that do not rock pirate uniforms, nor chaps, nor ZZtop beards, nor handlebar mustaches, nor mullets or long hair.

Most of us have been riding since the single digits and graduated from rockets.
Believe it or not most of that stuff or look came about because of necessity , we had beards instead of those f*ggot looking skull masks that's so popular today to tuck in and stop the wind , leather was the material of choice for it's protection factor cause the textiles hadn't been developed yet , most guys who rode where a step above caveman and I never personally meet one who liked to shave hence the beards & stashes and we sported hair because we could gotta remember those where the high and tight days so rolling with long hair made a statement about our life choices and the list goes on .

Never had a problem with the younger riders in here , you guys are a breath of fresh air doing your own thing and that's what it's all about . Where I get out my big *** clown stick and like beat on people is the stuffed white collars that spent most their lives looking down that nose at those of us chose the low road and lived it and now they desperately want to act like they had a piece of it and garner all respect that comes with it .

Ain't gonna happen kid's don't care how new your toy or the zero's on your bank statements , I'll respect you as a fellow rider and harley owner but that my friends is where it ends .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 12-22-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:31 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
People who like really bad music by Jimmy Buffett. Just godawful pablum. My brother in law loves JB and he is a perfect example of an idiot that listen to Jimmy Buffett.
I like the silk shirts, they blend with my sleeves real well and cover a sidearm
can't take the muzak, even when I drank a lot

Old 12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
[/B]

He may have earned the money and bought something but that's where it stops , having a bank account and the newest bling on an overpriced status toy doesn't make anyone anything but an owner . Anything else is fantasy fulfillment in ones own mind which doesn't make it anything but self flagellation . Like it or not the tag " biker " can't be bought or adopted at a whim and it doesn't automatically come with a new bike and the popular dress up gear as much the new crowd the last 20 yrs or so wish it could be , so get over it .

Those who have been down life's road on two wheels before it became the popular fantasy world for middle age crazies can't help but look at some of you guys and feel something resembling pity as well a sense of loss at a lifestyle that was special . What the clean shaven masses have turned that into is nothing but a money pickers fest the heart is long gone , it's all about separating you from your wallets contents now nothing else .
You sound like an angry, bitter old man. Ironically, I feel sorry for people who throw away so much potential and live this pathetic, showerless, shaveless, dental-problem, health plagued existance that you seem to be raving about. I'm happy being able to have a good life AND ride my bike. But, of course, that's just me. I'm sure glad that people with whom I associate aren't so judgmental and naive.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
You sound like an angry, bitter old man. Ironically, I feel sorry for people who throw away so much potential and live this pathetic, showerless, shaveless, dental-problem, health plagued existance that you seem to be raving about. I'm happy being able to have a good life AND ride my bike. But, of course, that's just me. I'm sure glad that people with whom I associate aren't so judgmental and naive.
Boy your about as far off in that little assessment and still stay within the gravity well of this solar system as you could get . Not gonna get into a dick wagging contest with you I don't want the responsibility of another shattered mind when you learn mine really is bigger than yours . Bitter ? think not sadly amused is a lot closer .

Match life experience and IQ scores with you any day but your paying for your own therapy in the aftermath so take the naive and pound it up that tight *** .

Have a good life and my heads in a much better place for it from what I've seen of your circle , I don't have to see a head shrink and take daily meds to get through a day and haven't had a health issue that wasn't related to riding like tired bones in so long I can't remember the last doctors visit so guess I'm doing something right . Get on with yourself wishing you where me .

Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
...says the tough biker. I don't know if you get it, but you are part of the problem. We used to pull clowns like you off their bikes, where I come from. Just jump in your RV and have fun the next "bike week". Don't forget your wife and kids.
I really hope that the next yuppy-fad is around the corner, so that people like you decide to rather be in a boat or something similar. I wouldn't share the road with you if you were the last person on a bike. YUK!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

RR - Who's Jimmy Buffet...? Was he a president?

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
TB - I understand what you're spittin'! If I were riding back then, I would have had a 'fro and a Jimi Hendrix bandanna chewing on an acid stick.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Believe it or not most of that stuff or look came about because of necessity , we had beards instead of those f*ggot looking skull masks that's so popular today to tuck in and stop the wind , leather was the material of choice for it's protection factor cause the textiles hadn't been developed yet , most guys who rode where a step above caveman and I never personally meet one who liked to shave hence the beards & stashes and we sported hair because we could gotta remember those where the high and tight days so rolling with long hair made a statement about our life choices and the list goes on .

Never had a problem with the younger riders in here , you guys are a breath of fresh air doing your own thing and that's what it's all about . Where I get out my big *** clown stick and like beat on people is the stuffed white collars that spent most their lives looking down that nose at those of us chose the low road and lived it and now they desperately want to act like they had a piece of it and garner all respect that comes with it .

Ain't gonna happen kid's don't care how new your toy or the zero's on your bank statements , I'll respect you as a fellow rider and harley owner but that my friends is where it ends .

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??