The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:03 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
hey schu, any opinion on victory?
they're overpriced

Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
Sounds like you are the one with the problem. Why does it bother you so much? I thought we lived in a free country, and isn't that what riding is to you...being free? I say, if a man wants to "transform" himself because he can afford it, he's earned the right. Get over it.

He may have earned the money and bought something but that's where it stops , having a bank account and the newest bling on an overpriced status toy doesn't make anyone anything but an owner . Anything else is fantasy fulfillment in ones own mind which doesn't make it anything but self flagellation . Like it or not the tag " biker " can't be bought or adopted at a whim and it doesn't automatically come with a new bike and the popular dress up gear as much the new crowd the last 20 yrs or so wish it could be , so get over it .

Those who have been down life's road on two wheels before it became the popular fantasy world for middle age crazies can't help but look at some of you guys and feel something resembling pity as well a sense of loss at a lifestyle that was special . What the clean shaven masses have turned that into is nothing but a money pickers fest the heart is long gone , it's all about separating you from your wallets contents now nothing else .

Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

That sounds like how I feel about Christmas. Humbug.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
That sounds like how I feel about Christmas. Humbug.
Yah no kidding , I'm fortunate after my daughter and the 3 grandkids are spent on the family on the old ladies side which we spend Xmas with are still old fashioned and down to earth . I truly had given up on things till she drug me out to meet them the first time .

Old 12-22-2011, 05:39 AM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut426
Kind of a rant here, but man I wishthe POSERS would just stick to the leadwings,
I sure hope everyone feels better...

It's a real shame that HD just didn't go out of business years ago so that the real heritage of the American HD biker could have been preserved. You know, kind of like Indian. If that were the case, who knows what cruisers may have evolved to by now with the HD benchmark removed.

Now, I'll be the first one to say that I can appreciate why folks who consider themselves dyed in the wool bikers take exception to folks who buy-in and play dress-up. Of course, that's not unique to Harley's: it's present in every aspect of life. But, then again, it's said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so if you're secure in who you are then just go with it and keep doing your own thing.

After all, it's not a zero-sum game where anyone's enjoyment of "The Lifestyle" is diminished by anyone else enjoyment "The Lifestyle". That is, so long as you're not buying the same overpriced stuff being marketed to the buy-in crowd or being sucked into long-term financing of "The Lifestyle", i.e., buying stuff on credit that you can't afford while pretending to be something you're not to impress people you don't know.

Personally, I really don't get my panties in a wad over what other people do or say if its of no real consequence to me, my family or friends.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

I come from a different gen that do not rock pirate uniforms, nor chaps, nor ZZtop beards, nor handlebar mustaches, nor mullets or long hair.

Most of us have been riding since the single digits and graduated from rockets.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:09 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Easy to see all the 'tards and posers in here who the OP is talking about...they're the ones screaming the most and the loudest, being PO'd and cursing the very existance of the OP for throwing the truth about themselves in their faces.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm way too young to feel "nostalgic" about days long gone, but lets face it folks....
the glory days of biker lifestyle are long gone.
the 50something pirates, posers or whatever ya wanna call are trying to be something they've seen on TV and don't have a clue. The **** and moan about not being accepted and that is what we have here. No amount of back flips or foot stomping will get them the respect they seek.
Instead there is a next generation coming up .
Look at "kids" like Pharoah, Toastman, Fast2live and I'm sure there's many more lurking in the Sportster and Dyna forums.
Ther's probably lots more riding Buells.
Some of them are 2nd generation and will learn by default and some are just cool kids and not afraid to get their ***** busted in here by some old farts.
So, if you were my dentist in the 80s and looked down at the greasy scooter trash, don't try to be my "bro" now just because you own a brand new FLHRTRD whatever. I'd much rather ride with younger crew that can actually ride.
The kids on rockets tearing up the tracks and splitting highway lanes on back wheel get more respect than anything you can buy at the harley store.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:38 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I'm way too young to feel "nostalgic" about days long gone, but lets face it folks....
the glory days of biker lifestyle are long gone.
the 50something pirates, posers or whatever ya wanna call are trying to be something they've seen on TV and don't have a clue. The **** and moan about not being accepted and that is what we have here. No amount of back flips or foot stomping will get them the respect they seek.
Instead there is a next generation coming up .
Look at "kids" like Pharoah, Toastman, Fast2live and I'm sure there's many more lurking in the Sportster and Dyna forums.
Ther's probably lots more riding Buells.
Some of them are 2nd generation and will learn by default and some are just cool kids and not afraid to get their ***** busted in here by some old farts.
So, if you were my dentist in the 80s and looked down at the greasy scooter trash, don't try to be my "bro" now just because you own a brand new FLHRTRD whatever. I'd much rather ride with younger crew that can actually ride.
The kids on rockets tearing up the tracks and splitting highway lanes on back wheel get more respect than anything you can buy at the harley store.
50 something Pirate, what a parrothead??

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??