The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 AM
citytrucker26
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree theres nothing like someone who cant ride. Its down right scary.for you (if your on a bike) and them. Did the freedom run one time. I never wanted to do it on my beat up pos honda for esthetic reasons... Almost got rear ended, side swiped by other people on bikes! I will go but not in the run. Me and friends run down there on our own run and pay our respects. Then we go and do what the bikes are meant to do... ride. Might hit a few watering holes along the way.
I only buy stuff thats functional. it doesnt have to say HD. If I cant buy it, I make it. I bought one of the armored hd jackets for the OL because I got it basically for free with the bike. I got one because its functional and can come apart in hot weather and has the armor shi* in it. Riding here near the city is ridiculous. Cant count on both hands how many close calls.. as I am sure most everyone in here can. I just know that with the knowlege and skill of knowing how to operate a motorcycle (or the semi I drive @ work) its all about knowing the equipment and what to do in situations.
If you "ride" and havent ever had a close call, you better take that thing off its kickstand and live a little! If your ridin your survivin. I can be sure of that with all the idiots on the road!
To those in here who don't know how to ride... pick up a book. Proficient Motorcycling. Knowlege is key to knowing anything. I have it for the wife to read. I read it just to brush up because we all know how informative the DMV book is!

Last edited by citytrucker26; 12-18-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: add more
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Our first officer brought that book to our last meeting. I was pretty impressed, glancing thru it - seems to cover about every aspect of our "sport".
I probably wouldn't agree with everything in it, but everyone knows I'm a little nutz.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zen33
I made it through 11 of the 119 pages of this topic before I got bored. But I have to ask..... did the prom queen ever find her stolen crown ?????

Bikers / fake bikers....posers / non posers......

Who gives a ****?

I see where the " Old Skool " riders who have earned their stripes are coming from.

But I'm failing to see why it's becoming a " turf " war.

Are their rockers involved here that I'm not seeing?

Me, personally, I don't give a rat's *** who wears what, what color their bike is, what they do to put the bread on the table... etc......

That's high school **** that I left behind a long time ago ... and with good reason !

I'm not taking sides here ( cuz there's no needs for sides to begin with ). Nor am I trying to offend anybody. But if I did... suck it up, get over it and put the wind at your back.

After all, is that not why we are all here...

Because it's topics like that that make me wonder if I stumbled into a bad spin off of Jersey Shore

No ****. It sounds like many of you are the proverbial (or actual) crotchety old men yelling at the kids to get off your lawn.

This isn't the 50's and 60's anymore, you're not automatically a rebel for owning a motorcycle. Times have changed...

Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Panchorelly
Road Warrior
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

So what is a poser and what is a real biker and who gives a rats ***

Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a whole bunch of people who "don't give a rats ***", yet are compelled to comment ....
I'm thinking y'all care enough to post, care enough to be offended when someone makes fun of your fashionable pirate outfit and questions our new-found lifestyle.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like you are the one with the problem. Why does it bother you so much? I thought we lived in a free country, and isn't that what riding is to you...being free? I say, if a man wants to "transform" himself because he can afford it, he's earned the right. Get over it.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

What's wrong with a polo shirt and shorts?

Seems like someone is insecure.

Should have asked the chick if she got tatted in places not so visible...

Any who, I vote that you are the poser concerned about fashion and appearance.

I don't do the pirate thing nor grow out my facial hair, but test me.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Out!

Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Beemers are too practical... I need some form over function.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??