The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, I just came back from a road trip to see my old racing buddies up North.
I rode up with a BRO on Kawasaki. He pretty much hates harleys after 30-40 years or riding and wrenching on them.
We camped with another bro, who races vintage Hodaka (Jap) and has been riding his old BSA as long as I've known him.
My racing buddies beat me up all weekend long for riding a harley. My pride and joy was the butt of 1000 jokes. Thick skin helps.

Bottom line is, its just a motorcycle. It doesn't make you. If you're a "biker" you'll be a biker on any brand. If you're an asswipe, owning a harley won't cure that, but will most likely, bring it out more... Like a shiney new pimple on the tip of your nose.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Dude you sound like one of my teenage daughters jealous friends whining about who got the newest iphone....wtf, change your tampon.

Besides what the f**k gives you the right to judge anyone? People who think they are the "original bikers" are full of crap.
+1 - who cares why or what anyone rides. Go out, have fun and ride safe...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're bonding. Leave em alone. Most of us are old enough to have either heard or told the same golden years story over and over to those who know us.

The internet allows the same old stories to fall on new ears including all the embellishments that get added with each telling. It's what old guys do you know.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
BTW, I just came back from a road trip to see my old racing buddies up North.
I rode up with a BRO on Kawasaki. He pretty much hates harleys after 30-40 years or riding and wrenching on them.
We camped with another bro, who races vintage Hodaka (Jap) and has been riding his old BSA as long as I've known him.
My racing buddies beat me up all weekend long for riding a harley. My pride and joy was the butt of 1000 jokes. Thick skin helps.

Bottom line is, its just a motorcycle. It doesn't make you. If you're a "biker" you'll be a biker on any brand. If you're an asswipe, owning a harley won't cure that, but will most likely, bring it out more... Like a shiney new pimple on the tip of your nose.

Sounds like my group of buddies in KC LOL . Had an old Wombat somebody dumped in the front yard one night and 441 Victor both ate my lunch pretty much everytime I got on one of them .

Bottom line on the rest of stuff I'm reading , I've know bikers on 3 continents and most of them were not on harleys . Biker is about the man not his machine and most in here will never understand the difference and that is truelly a sad thing .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-27-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
What's all this "respect" stuff? .
Actually, I could tell you a few places, from the top of my head, where you can get educated on that subject. If you don't know what's up with all the respect "stuff", then someone will, sometime, explain it to you.
It's people with your very attitude who get bruises/stitches/little holes in the head. I suggest you come down from your mountain (and from your cousin) and go where people who are not part of your family hang out. You'd be impressed how the world has changed since last time you were in a town with over 360 inhabitants.
See, that's how it works in MY world.
I don't need respect from a tourist staying at a dude ranch to boost up my self image.
Be honest... You'd LIKE to get his respect. Again, in my world, it doesn't matter who a person is. He WILL show the proper respect, or I will walk up on him and DEMAND it, in any way I deem necessary. That is the biker way.

Last edited by frenchman; 07-27-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Actually, I could tell you a few places, from the top of my head, where you can get educated on that subject. If you don't know what's up with all the respect "stuff", then someone will, sometime, explain it to you.
It's people with your very attitude who get bruises/stitches/little holes in the head. I suggest you come down from your mountain (and from your cousin) and go where people who are not part of your family hang out. You'd be impressed how the world has changed since last time you were in a town with over 360 inhabitants.

Be honest... You'd LIKE to get his respect. Again, in my world, it doesn't matter who a person is. He WILL show the proper respect, or I will walk up on him and DEMAND it, in any way I deem necessary. That is the biker way.
So, Frenchie, yu gonna help me understand respect???? I appreciate your humor suggesting that "us hicks" ain't to smart, but I fully understand I could hit any inner city, front off a gang member and get myself hammered real fast. I'm not talking about some idiot code that these social misfits deem as reeeespect. I figured most people nowadays who exist in our current place and time, define that term differently.

Respect I believe is something that is earned. It's given freely by anyone who cares to pass it around. There's plenty of people I respect. But personally I've never given any of mine away to some Jack Wagon with a major ego problem, a loud voice and over-bearing personality.

But wait.....I get it....this might be a time warp...not a computer... and you, Mr. Frenchie, could accually be the biggest, baddest, meanest cave man on the block. Is that it??? These nusance rules society has created don't mean jack to you right??? You make them as you go, just like in the good old days. It would be fun watching you attacking these hapless "posers" who forget to drop to there knees in your immediate presence. What do you do? Just smack em around, or hit em with your windshield smashing chain you use on the cagers?

What your discribing to be ain't the biker way, it might be the 1%'er way, and if that's who you are.....I will watch my back if I'm ever around you.
Have a nice day.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
So, Frenchie, yu gonna help me understand respect???? I appreciate your humor suggesting that "us hicks" ain't to smart, but I fully understand I could hit any inner city, front off a gang member and get myself hammered real fast. I'm not talking about some idiot code that these social misfits deem as reeeespect. I figured most people nowadays who exist in our current place and time, define that term differently.

Respect I believe is something that is earned. It's given freely by anyone who cares to pass it around. There's plenty of people I respect. But personally I've never given any of mine away to some Jack Wagon with a major ego problem, a loud voice and over-bearing personality.

But wait.....I get it....this might be a time warp...not a computer... and you, Mr. Frenchie, could accually be the biggest, baddest, meanest cave man on the block. Is that it??? These nusance rules society has created don't mean jack to you right??? You make them as you go, just like in the good old days. It would be fun watching you attacking these hapless "posers" who forget to drop to there knees in your immediate presence. What do you do? Just smack em around, or hit em with your windshield smashing chain you use on the cagers?

What your discribing to be ain't the biker way, it might be the 1%'er way, and if that's who you are.....I will watch my back if I'm ever around you.
Have a nice day.

Might want to lighten up a bit I've had first hand experience with the hats & buckles bunch your claiming to be part of throw plenty of insults at people on two wheels who just stopped for gas or to get a bite to eat who where also minding their own business . Played a nice game of cowboys and bikers in bar outside Billings one night guess what it was another narrow assed wannabe cowboy in this huge white hat and big *** belt buckle I later hung on my garage wall who started all the bullshit and keep fanning the flames till all hell broke loose . Bikers didn't start it but we damn well finished it one of the boys cut the phone line just before so no help was coming to anybodies rescue , this was 20 yrs ago when there were real bikers out not today's weekend warriors that your used to intimidating . Point is there's dicks in all crowds who usually think way beyond their place or what their *** can back up . Something to think about .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
BRW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds more like a 1% wanna be. I've got good friends in 1% clubs that damn sure don't act like you Frenchy. Respect is important to them, but it's earned . I guess if some lucky day we get together somewhere you can go with that I Demand My Respect thing & we'll see how that all works out for ya! Gotta go catch that perty lil sheep for my cousin does!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Might want to lighten up a bit I've had first hand experience with the hats & buckles bunch your claiming to be part of throw plenty of insults at people on two wheels who just stopped for gas or to get a bite to eat who where also minding their own business . Played a nice game of cowboys and bikers in bar outside Billings one night guess what it was another narrow assed wannabe cowboy in this huge white hat and big *** belt buckle I later hung on my garage wall who started all the bullshit and keep fanning the flames till all hell broke loose . Bikers didn't start it but we damn well finished it one of the boys cut the phone line just before so no help was coming to anybodies rescue , this was 20 yrs ago when there were real bikers out not today's weekend warriors that your used to intimidating . Point is there's dicks in all crowds who usually think way beyond their place or what their *** can back up . Something to think about .
Thank you....that's a good illistration of the point I'm trying to make with the French man. Partner, I don't care what a guys wearing, or what he drove up on. That shouldn't mean a thing. If he's drunk, obnoxious, and looking for trouble....then he ought to get his *** kicked. That punk ain't failing to show respect...he's blantly showing dis-respect....two very different things.

A accountant on a 2011 Road King owes nothing to Frenchie who might be gassing up at the same station.....If he minds his own business, and perhaps throws him a "Harley Wave", coming or going...where's the harm in that??? My question all along was what "respect" is this "old school biker" demanding? That "poser", is an enemy in his mind only.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those who are really bad *** ***** don't need to go on some internet forum trying to convince others of it. Who's the real poser?

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??