The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Sup Alkay , how was the road trip ? All was well and fun had I hope . As you see same **** as usual in here .

Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
I wish I could understand the logic in what you boys that spout such hate and anger mean??? Why on earth should you downgrade and belittle anybody forking a wild machine like a Harley??? Just can't see why you fellas think that you got some right to enjoy the bike and the road more than anyone else. Maybe you got more time in the saddle, and have a few more stories to tell, but what does that mean?? Think it makes you special??? Hell, don't wave if someone out there who is enjoying themself has the gall to raise his arm to you. Rant too if you like. Stomp on that kick starter all day if it makes you feel good. But here's a news flash for you........all those "posers" are riding because it makes them feel happy, or they wouldn't be on two wheels.....even with wet blankets like you wishing you could rain on their parade.

The worlds a big place, too bad you morons need to jack up your blood pressure begrudging other human beings occupying it with the likes of you......Hate on....Oh, and have a nice day.
Seems like cowboys have some little feelings, too. And Montana's have been hurt right now. Pity party for big bad Monty!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Why is it so difficult to understand that no one really hates anyone...
Some of us are simply making fun of the new h-d OWNERS that play dress-up and pretend to be something they are not.
It is quite simple. If you were a Honda rider yesterday, you are not bad *** biker if you bought a harley this morning. Plain and simple. No amount of shiny chrome doo-dads, chaps or lightning bolt bandanas will help.
No one will give you **** if you're a new to h-d or even new to riding if you're up front about it. Just don't expect instant cred for dropping 20K on your new lifestyle. Ride a few thousand miles (in all weather), fix your ride when it breaks instead of flashing your Black AmEx at the service counter and just be a reasonable person. Keep your yep shut when people that know more than you are talking and you might learn something. Be a man and stand your ground when challenged and don't start **** with old Joe Motorist just because he didn't see your flashy Squealing Beagle Road Turd.
Don't forget that people that came before you had it much harder and respect that. They dealt with shitty roads, total loss oil systems, finicky magnetos, ******* cops and even people like you.
It wasn't better 30 years ago. It was just different. People were tougher, more resourcesful and just had something.... not sure how to describe "it", but its missing in today's harley riders....
Learn the history and traditions if you want to be a part of this thing or just be an ignorant ******* that demands respect and be treated accordingly. Your choice,
Dang, for someone attempting to explain how your not "hating ", you sure have a way with discriptive adjutives! More like standup comedy.

You ride a "HARLEY", because it's 20 years old. He's on a "Shiney Road Toad, because it's new?

Your a "Biker" because you braved the nations Highway's back in the dark ages before Obama's stimulus fixed everything all up? I don't know where you live....but buddy, we still got pot holes if you look hard enough for them in Montana.

You really think that a new motorcycle licence should require a 100 question examination on the history of two wheel travel? Or that it be mandaded by law that new riders be restricted from buying a leather jacket before he can document 10,000 miles....20,000 miles....hell, 100,000 miles????

Why does it irk you that some people aren't proficient mechanics? I can't see how your busted knuckles and the oil under your fingernails make you a better human being then somebody who studied Spanish, rather then took auto shop.

Lastly, and this is the biggest farse of your whole explaination: The respect others fail to show you isn't the issue. 99% of these "posers" don't have a clue your expecting their jaws to drop open and for them to step back and give you ground when you stomp by. Their not caught up in your impression of reality. From what your explaination tells me, it's your problem. Your standing in the corner, jumping up and down like a ignorned child DEMAINDING their respect. You can bracket everyone in any tight little classification. It's all case by case.

Here's what I mean. Lets use me as an example. I've owned my Harley 9 months. I'm gray headed, sun burnt, have calused hands, and smell like a horse most of the time. I've rode this planet 62 times around the sun, and had me quite a few bumps and bruses along the way...scars to for that matter. If you have me pegged as an *******, at least show me the courtesy to hang that title on me for the right reasons. That would be fine with me. I'm a ******* because I'm not buying into your line of crap. Not the 99% of the rest of the Harley riders who can't figure out why you scrowl at them from across the hotdog bar in the 7-11. Have a nice day.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by frenchman
Seems like cowboys have some little feelings, too. And Montana's have been hurt right now. Pity party for big bad Monty!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and Frenchy.....don't worry about my feelings being hurt, I just responded because biggots, like you and your crew, irritate me, and I've got some time on my hands.

Last edited by Montana Cowboy; 07-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Sup Alkay , how was the road trip ? All was well and fun had I hope . As you see same **** as usual in here .
All's good here, bro. 600mi into the trip Twinkie chewed up splines inside the clutch hub and metal shavings took out stator, rotor and voltage regulator. Another one of those "oh, we see it all the time, but MoCo doesn't think it's a problem" ....
Got wet every day, sometimes 3-4 times a day and dried off instantly in the scorching heat.
Awesome riding in places I don't get to often and great to see some old friends.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

M. "Cowboy"-

You should look at your own defense. In your eyes, everyone who says anything derogatory OR is merely making observations (often humorous) should be pigeonholed into a chest-beating, angry, dirty, drunken gorilla, seeing all others as road scum.

Odd...not much chest beating here...not much real "hating" inasmuch as entertainment...and maybe a few toes get stepped on, but I didn't see anyone **** in YOUR cornflakes - YOU popped in. I'd buy Alkay a beer for that, and I don't even drink anymore. Oh, that. I rode most of my 57 years and choked on this:

"Why does it irk you that some people aren't proficient mechanics? I can't see how your busted knuckles and the oil under your fingernails make you a better human being then somebody who studied Spanish, rather then took auto shop. "

Half my friends ride metrics (oh, I'm SO prejudiced) and most of them and the Harley riders I know can change their own oil and at least T-clock their own bikes. But I have a pretty select group of buds I relate to. Still old school living in the new day - but if you have to flash plastic every time you have a bolt loose, we'd think you to be pretty lame. And you'd better have a sense of humor, because you're gonna get ribbed about it. I'm tired in a way of wrenching on other people's bikes for stupid stuff like loose taillights.

Buy some tools, fer Christ's sake! Ask some questions, RTFM! We called it a "bible" for a reason. It's not about saving money for a RUB, it's about proper pride in your ride. Not pride just because you HAVE one. I've seen more biker guts in some BMW or limey riders than I see in the entire H.O.G. local group - one reason I didn't join.
It was mentioned that it's okay to be new and man up from there, but I guess you didn't read the whole thread. (I'm here because it's......) Keep workin' that Espanol amigo...we're all gonna need it soon.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Dang, for someone attempting to explain how your not "hating ", you sure have a way with discriptive adjutives! More like standup comedy.

You ride a "HARLEY", because it's 20 years old. He's on a "Shiney Road Toad, because it's new?

Your a "Biker" because you braved the nations Highway's back in the dark ages before Obama's stimulus fixed everything all up? I don't know where you live....but buddy, we still got pot holes if you look hard enough for them in Montana.

You really think that a new motorcycle licence should require a 100 question examination on the history of two wheel travel? Or that it be mandaded by law that new riders be restricted from buying a leather jacket before he can document 10,000 miles....20,000 miles....hell, 100,000 miles????

Why does it irk you that some people aren't proficient mechanics? I can't see how your busted knuckles and the oil under your fingernails make you a better human being then somebody who studied Spanish, rather then took auto shop.

Lastly, and this is the biggest farse of your whole explaination: The respect others fail to show you isn't the issue. 99% of these "posers" don't have a clue your expecting their jaws to drop open and for them to step back and give you ground when you stomp by. Their not caught up in your impression of reality. From what your explaination tells me, it's your problem. Your standing in the corner, jumping up and down like a ignorned child DEMAINDING their respect. You can bracket everyone in any tight little classification. It's all case by case.

Here's what I mean. Lets use me as an example. I've owned my Harley 9 months. I'm gray headed, sun burnt, have calused hands, and smell like a horse most of the time. I've rode this planet 62 times around the sun, and had me quite a few bumps and bruses along the way...scars to for that matter. If you have me pegged as an *******, at least show me the courtesy to hang that title on me for the right reasons. That would be fine with me. I'm a ******* because I'm not buying into your line of crap. Not the 99% of the rest of the Harley riders who can't figure out why you scrowl at them from across the hotdog bar in the 7-11. Have a nice day.
You still don't get it...bummer...I gave you more credit than that.
Hate , IMO, is a strong emotion and requires more energy than these people deserve. I simply don't care enough about them to hate.
one question...
if I showed up at the rodeo in all fancy clothes, new hat and the biggest shiny belt buckle I could find, should I expect same respect as the guys who's been roping 30 years?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 AM
BRW
Tourer

unphuk'nbelievable! hell i've gotta go have surgery in a minute(no really i'm sitting in the waiting area wait'n on 'em to come get me) I've had 4 on my back,and this little blue haired bitch is here for the first time! Thinks i'm gonna show her respect....she don't know ****!!! think i'm gonna shank the bitch!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by alkay191
You still don't get it...bummer...I gave you more credit than that.
Hate , IMO, is a strong emotion and requires more energy than these people deserve. I simply don't care enough about them to hate.
one question...
if I showed up at the rodeo in all fancy clothes, new hat and the biggest shiny belt buckle I could find, should I expect same respect as the guys who's been roping 30 years?
What's all this "respect" stuff? Truely, when I'm at a rodeo, I'm there to enjoy myself. I don't carry binoculars to pick apart the grandstand looking for somebody in a new hat. I don't need respect from a tourist staying at a dude ranch to boost up my self image. Talk about stepping on toes and pissing on cornflakes!!! You boys are barking at the moon. Relax, you'll live longer.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM
BRW
Tourer

What's all this "respect" stuff? Truely, when I'm at a rodeo, I'm there to enjoy myself. I don't carry binoculars to pick apart the grandstand looking for somebody in a new hat. I don't need respect from a tourist staying at a dude ranch to boost up my self image. Talk about stepping on toes and pissing on cornflakes!!! You boys are barking at the moon. Relax, you'll live longer.

Quick Reply: Buy A Harley, CHANGE your lifestyle??