The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:50 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I can only infer this about Honda VTX owners from the OP. They need male attention and acceptance from the biker community. They bought their bikes for bonding with other males, not to obtain attention from the opposite sex.
Something that crossed my mind the other day, when I made the mistake of watching the first 5 minutes of the new "Mancations" series on TV:

"Males" bond.

"Men" compete.

"Men" think the phrase "male bonding" is just a code for being gay.

By the way, if you are ever tempted to watch that show, it isn't about men doing man stuff on vacation - it's about a couple of sissies from a city somewhere trying to find nice safe places to do imitation man stuff.

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:53 AM
AEaton10
Cruiser

There are way too many threads on this forum by insecure people seeking the attention and approval of others.

"Am I a ***** for wearing all my gear or am I smart?"
"Why don't people wave at me?"
"Is it ok if I follow another person on a bike or is that not cool?"
"I swear I'm a tough guy. Why do people take pictures of me without my permission?"

And now this guy.

Does anyone ride their bikes to strike up conversations with total strangers at gas stations?

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:54 AM
big_e_walrus
Advanced

I say "hi" or something good about their bike. I can't tell you how many times they have had to justify their non-Harley purchase by telling me their bike could take mine in a race.....
Hmmmm, I don't respond, I just keep my mouth shut and walk away.
There are as@ wipes everywhere, but it doesn't stop me from looking at bikes and striking up conversations at the gas pump.

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:57 AM
Wallaby
Club Member

I recently stopped at a gas station and talked to a VTX rider so everything is back in balance....

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:59 AM
big_e_walrus
Advanced

Aeaton, I typed my reply above without ANY reference to your post. Just a general comment about those I run into everywhere. Some are friendly and some aren't, some want to talk some don't. Sometimes I am and do, sometimes I'm not and don't.

Old 06-07-2011 | 10:02 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure
They probably liked it better than the silver girls bike.

Old 06-07-2011 | 10:12 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain

I'll talk to anyone, anywhere, no matter what kind of bike you ride! I like trying to meet as many people as possible. I met a guy at a car meet one time that was a pilot. I told him I had never ridden in a small plane and about 2 weeks later I get a call out of the blue and he asked if I felt up for a flight... coolest **** I've ever done. He even let me guide it for a while... very cool once in a lifetime experience. You never know who you are gonna meet or what experiences your life will have if you open your mind and enjoy it.

Old 06-07-2011 | 10:17 AM
AEaton10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by big_e_walrus
Aeaton, I typed my reply above without ANY reference to your post. Just a general comment about those I run into everywhere. Some are friendly and some aren't, some want to talk some don't. Sometimes I am and do, sometimes I'm not and don't.

True, and that's fine. Would the absence of a conversation cause you to start a thread about how people with blond hair, or ford trucks, or fill in the blank are arrogant ********? Probably not.

Maybe I'm biased towards Not having conversations with strangers but to me if someone came up and struck up a conversation out of the blue while I was pumping gas it would leave me thinking to myself: "What did I do to convey to said stranger that I wanted him/her to come and talk to me while I'm clearly engaged in a task that most people do as quickly as possible in order to get back on the road, hence wasting my time."

I just realized while typing this that I'm an as$hole.

Old 06-07-2011 | 10:27 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer

They did not make eye contact because they did not want you to think they were gay too and wanna talk.......
PS I'm an ******* too....That is the first step to recovery is recognizing the fact we are ********. But the road to recovery is very, very long and some never get better.

Last edited by steelpony5555; 06-07-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2011 | 10:53 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sm0kediver
Drunk skanks are highly under rated
you should know you have a picture of one in you signature, oh my bad she not drunk just stupid
[
Originally Posted by schumacher
I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx (I think it was anyways...was something japanese) and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure

schu still happens to you with that Vicotry huh( kiddng couldn't resist)

Originally Posted by K Melancon
Once on a road trip my buddy "Road King" an myself "Goldwing" are idleing out a large parking lot and approaching us is a bum "raggedy bicycle" The bum waves at my buddy and then hollors at me "get a real motorcycle" I hollor back "Get a real F------- bike. He peddled away.
truth hurt lol

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?