The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 01:17 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior

yup.. no eye contact, horrable biker hoodlems. I not looking at your bike or you, I'm looking at you womans ***** and ***. I'll follow you for miles just to watch your OL's butt. ( she knows it to )

Old 06-07-2011 | 01:45 AM
Crex39
Road Master

One of the guys on our V.F.D. bought a 1300 Honda. Its a nice Harley Replica with plastic chrome, he tricked it up with lots of extras. He is always welcome to ride with us, but when he shows up, he is more biker than the rest of us can handle. Long sleeve skull t shirt, bandana on at the perfect angle, chaps with fringes, studded gloves. The rest of us pretty much wear t- shirts, maybe a leather depending on temperature, and some boots. We try and make him comfortable with us, but he spends the whole ride comparing his bike to ours and telling us why he would never own a Harley. The rest of the week he is an office guy, dockers, polo, etc. Why the need to impress?

Old 06-07-2011 | 04:18 AM
SMF
Banned

So the dudes crying because they wont make eye contact? Sounds like he belongs in a gay pride parade

Old 06-07-2011 | 04:23 AM
Swede405
Tourer

Sounds like somebody doesn't understand the difference between "looking" and "admiring". I look at nearly every bike I pass, some more closely than others, but I'm not always "admiring" them. Sounds like more of the "Hey! Look at me! I ride a motorcycle" crap that Harley riders usually take the blame for.

Now everyone go explain the difference between looking and admiring to your wife or girlfriend and let me know how it goes.

Old 06-07-2011 | 05:19 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Sounds like someone is trying to mask an inferiority complex with his motorcycle.

Look at me, look at me.

Old 06-07-2011 | 05:22 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjewell
All together now, "Looking for love in all the wrong places...."
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 06-07-2011 | 05:36 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx (I think it was anyways...was something japanese) and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure

It was a car show - most people wouldn't know Harley from Schwinn, so they looked at the "red Harley" instead of the "silver Harley." There is a reason the brightest paint job is a winner at publicly judged shows, and it's not because people are smart.

Old 06-07-2011 | 05:46 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by banddirector
As a former VTX 1800 owner, I personally witnessed more than a few moments of Harley "snobbery". I ride with a couple of other Honda owners, and eventually one of them bought a Heritage Classic. Multiple times on roadside breaks we encountered Harley owners that would stop by and fawn over the Heritage, and ignore the rest of us. It wasn't our imagination; it actually happened. I vowed if I ever bought a Harley, I wouldn't do it. And I don't ...
Does that make sense to you? For the same reason that guy, and you, upgraded to Harley, nobody is going to "fawn over" any bike Honda makes. Honestly, like I mentioned before, my biggest reason for avoiding talking motorcycles with non-Harley riders is that I have nothing good to say about their bikes and I'd just insult them by accident, so I avoid the subject. I have almost no ability to lie to people. What am I going to say, "I think that chromed plastic looks great and I like the way your bike's quieter than a minivan?"

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:31 AM
ed gien
Tourer

Speaking from experience and having both Harley and metric,sorry they were not admiring your bike, Ever since I got my harley I can never look back at a metric, NO PLASTIC!

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:33 AM
ed gien
Tourer

Originally Posted by brenn
does that make sense to you? For the same reason that guy, and you, upgraded to harley, nobody is going to "fawn over" any bike honda makes. Honestly, like i mentioned before, my biggest reason for avoiding talking motorcycles with non-harley riders is that i have nothing good to say about their bikes and i'd just insult them by accident, so i avoid the subject. I have almost no ability to lie to people. What am i going to say, "i think that chromed plastic looks great and i like the way your bike's quieter than a minivan?"

lmao nicely said!

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?