The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:38 PM
va_bank
6th Gear

I don't post here, since I don't ride a Harley, but this one got me. As a Honda rider, I have to reverse this and say the following:

Are metric riders really like this?

No we are not. Most of us are not whining about not getting attention or constantly feeling inferior or unaccepted because of the bikes we ride. We have our reasons, Harley guys have theirs for the choices they make. This post is just some cry for attention "Look at me anfd tell me my bike is better then yours". Embarrassing.

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:59 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master

Just ride!!!

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:01 PM
2Loose
6th Gear

If yer concerned 'bout whether somebody is checkin' out you or yer ride, then you don't have it figgured out yet. Just ride the beast, love it, love that you got the chance to ride and enjoy the heck out of it! If yer attachin' any status at all to any kinda brand or looks of yer ride or anybody elses, then ya definitely don't have it figgured out yet....
-2Loose

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:10 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by va_bank
I don't post here, since I don't ride a Harley, but this one got me. As a Honda rider, I have to reverse this and say the following:

Are metric riders really like this?

No we are not. Most of us are not whining about not getting attention or constantly feeling inferior or unaccepted because of the bikes we ride. We have our reasons, Harley guys have theirs for the choices they make. This post is just some cry for attention "Look at me anfd tell me my bike is better then yours". Embarrassing.
"...not whining...constantly feeling inferior or unaccepted..." That is because you have already accepted the fact that you are inferior, unaccepted and enjoy riding around with plastic chrome.

Glad you understand your expectations and limitations.

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:12 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jbizzle
Ive experienced just the opposite of what this dude described!! Recently while on a trip in New Mexico, my husband and I pull up to an Iron Skillet on our Harley's. Parked in the front is a vtx with lots of luggage attached. Figured the guy was traveling to, so we paused as we went in the restaurant door, to speak and express riding pleasantries. The guy was fooling around with some of the luggage and refused to make eye contact with either of us! I said screw it and went in and had a good lunch. I think ppl that don't own Harley's can be more stuck up to those of us that do ride them!! It doesn't matter to me what u ride, but if u start talking **** about my Harley, I'll defend my bike and get just as nasty as you get! Maybe they are intimidated. Who knows.
Don't think this topic is so complicated. That Honda rider was probably autistic and unable to communicate. Or, maybe he'd just had a big arument with his ol' lady and was deep in thought. Human beings are unpredictable. Interacting with them on any level is a dice roll. I'll bet a bikes make and model is not as important as any of us like to believe.

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:31 PM
BBBSS
Cruiser

I love how all the impostor bike riders are always so overly concerned with seeing our approval or disapproval. Can't think of a time a Harley rider cared two ***** about what anyone on a impostor bike though. These guys need to get off their pedestals. I think they feel because they bought the impostor bike they came up with a bunch of reasons to justify to themselves why they didn't get the real deal, and in some sort of delusional state of mind have brought themselves to feel they are somehow superior, and smarter for buying what they did.

Whereas a Harley owner just loves his bike and rides it. Period, the end.

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:35 PM
banddirector
Road Master

As a former VTX 1800 owner, I personally witnessed more than a few moments of Harley "snobbery". I ride with a couple of other Honda owners, and eventually one of them bought a Heritage Classic. Multiple times on roadside breaks we encountered Harley owners that would stop by and fawn over the Heritage, and ignore the rest of us. It wasn't our imagination; it actually happened. I vowed if I ever bought a Harley, I wouldn't do it. And I don't ...

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:39 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer

What was this thread about again?

Old 06-07-2011 | 12:25 AM
mechmotor82
Advanced

who cares what he rides.

Old 06-07-2011 | 01:01 AM
Jbizzle
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
Don't think this topic is so complicated. That Honda rider was probably autistic and unable to communicate. Or, maybe he'd just had a big arument with his ol' lady and was deep in thought. Human beings are unpredictable. Interacting with them on any level is a dice roll. I'll bet a bikes make and model is not as important as any of us like to believe.
Your right about the bikes make and model...it's the person that it matters to. A guy I worked with was riding a 1300 VTX and the rest of the fellas had harleys. Long story short...they all park at the restaurant to eat one night, a jokester with the group tells our buddy on the VTX, hey man you can't park beside our Harley's, you gotta park that thing around the building! It was a joke, but my buddy did it!! He moved his motorcycle to the other side of the building! If that woulda been me he woulda gotten the middle finger and I woulda laughed at him. Its all about how confident a person is. If there comes a day I have to give up my harley and i can only get some other kinda bike, then at least I'll still be riding with the wind in my face.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?