The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:11 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jbizzle
Ive experienced just the opposite of what this dude described!! Recently while on a trip in New Mexico, my husband and I pull up to an Iron Skillet on our Harley's. Parked in the front is a vtx with lots of luggage attached. Figured the guy was traveling to, so we paused as we went in the restaurant door, to speak and express riding pleasantries. The guy was fooling around with some of the luggage and refused to make eye contact with either of us! I said screw it and went in and had a good lunch. I think ppl that don't own Harley's can be more stuck up to those of us that do ride them!! It doesn't matter to me what u ride, but if u start talking **** about my Harley, I'll defend my bike and get just as nasty as you get! Maybe they are intimidated. Who knows.
The guy probably thought you were gonna talk **** and pull a knife.

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:12 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default Good...

Originally Posted by doer
Just get one of every kind of motorcycle and you can fit in with everyone
Good stuff!!!

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:19 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

cracks me up how everyone wants to give the op grief over this..... i guess reading comprehension is a lost art nowadays

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I got this off of an Honda board....

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:26 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default I'm...

Originally Posted by skratch
cracks me up how everyone wants to give the op grief over this..... i guess reading comprehension is a lost art nowadays
Just enjoying the humor of a good read.

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:31 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Once on a road trip my buddy "Road King" an myself "Goldwing" are idleing out a large parking lot and approaching us is a bum "raggedy bicycle" The bum waves at my buddy and then hollors at me "get a real motorcycle" I hollor back "Get a real F------- bike. He peddled away.

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:42 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

In response to the OP. I have been riding since 1956 and have had more than 30 bikes. At least 20 were Honda's. Started with the various sizes of CB models then Magna's and ended The VTX 1800 and The legendary Rune.

I added a 2007 FXSTC in Sept. 06. Like over half of HD riders, I started on metrics. There are many threads in the search feature that talks about what bikes the members have had of the various brands out there. Very interesting reading if you car at all to get a good overview of the majority of riders views on bikes and brands.

I have had Suzuki's , Yamaha's, Kawasaki's and even Norton's. As time went on I changed to total HD unless you don't think of a Buell Ulysses XT as Harley Davidson.

What I found was a company that pays attention to it's owners through surveys on line, mail surveys and contact at major bike events every year.

They pay close attention to the rider and their thoughts. In my vast experience with Honda, they never asked me a single question. They regularly discontinue bike models without any thought that there are riders who still want them. You know like your VTX1300, Magna's, Shadow's and Night Hawks. VTX1800 and Rune.

They did the same thing with the S2000 roadster. I had an 2005 and could not replace it when I wanted a new one.

Honda left me so I left them. They even left the USA when they folded the plant in Ohio a couple years back.

I still am on the VTXOA forum where I have seen the most bashing of HD.

You know the threads. Leaks oil, breaks down, costs too much, so slow and the most amazing they are little.

Many VTXOA members sold their out dated orphaned bikes and bought HD for the most part and a smattering of the other brands like Triumph, Victory and others.

On this forum, I have seen more consideration for other brand riders than any other forum that I have been on.

However, I don't see your post as anything other than talking about stereotypes and your inflated belief that you tight little butt is better than any other.

This should show you what I think about HD motorcycles.

I do have a question in closing. Just how many miles per year have you done on the VTX1300? And what was your longest ride?

I did a 12 state 12 day 4,000 mile ride on the VTX1800 and the stock seat just about killed me.

Last edited by lh4x4; 06-06-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2011 | 09:58 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Not sure they were "admiring" your VTX. They made a mistake, thinking it was a harley then quickly had to turn away .... LOL. A guy at my Legion post installed Vance & Hines pipes on his VTX. He called it his "Honda Davidson". Everybody just rolls their eyes. Yeah Harley snobs .... why would someone who owns a Harley buy one of those things?

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:10 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll look at the fit and finish and if I like the color or something added I might say something. I look to see if it is a Harley since they are trying to copy the look so closely now, it might take a second to tell it's only a copy.

It's more of a curious look and nothing more.

I don't feel a need to say something to every Harley rider I come across either.

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:11 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

I was gonna post something about this thread .... BUT ..... daym ...think I'll just go ride my Heritage!!!

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:18 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Sounds like a lesbian who goes to a straight bar and gets upset that no dudes hit on her.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?