The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:48 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx (I think it was anyways...was something japanese) and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure

I'm not sure if the VTX is supposed to compete with the Dyna or what. But here's the issue. You look side by side of them two bikes and you can just tell the harley is put together better.

I'm not saying harleys are the greatest bike ever (Well, they are). But even looking at my sportster compared to some of the bigger jap cruisers the jap cruisers just look "plasticky"

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:53 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Stroke me, Stroke me........

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:57 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

ZZtop...and hondas do not mix. you need to be on 4 wheels when ZZtopping. that way you may be able to get home. f**k a bunch of stuck up harley riders. their chit stinks just like every one else's.

Old 06-06-2011 | 06:02 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Personal, I don't give a rat's *** what you ride. And I don't ride to make You happy.
Buuuuuuuut did you ever notice those who don't ride a Harley are always telling you how unreliable they are?

Old 06-06-2011 | 06:11 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Sounds like another Honda rider trying to impress a Harley rider. Why does he care if they acknowledge him or not. Thats the definition of a poser...Honda rider or not. I could care less about getting a nod from ANY rider. I would just gas up and get back on the road.

Old 06-06-2011 | 06:12 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

My son has a 1100cc Aero. IMO it's a great looking cruiser. I have ridden it often. Underpowered but as a rare 45deg, single pin crank, it sounds really good. Yes I've had HD riders/people mock me for riding it. Could care less

Old 06-06-2011 | 06:49 PM
Jbizzle
Road Captain

Ive experienced just the opposite of what this dude described!! Recently while on a trip in New Mexico, my husband and I pull up to an Iron Skillet on our Harley's. Parked in the front is a vtx with lots of luggage attached. Figured the guy was traveling to, so we paused as we went in the restaurant door, to speak and express riding pleasantries. The guy was fooling around with some of the luggage and refused to make eye contact with either of us! I said screw it and went in and had a good lunch. I think ppl that don't own Harley's can be more stuck up to those of us that do ride them!! It doesn't matter to me what u ride, but if u start talking **** about my Harley, I'll defend my bike and get just as nasty as you get! Maybe they are intimidated. Who knows.

Old 06-06-2011 | 08:54 PM
UC4ME
Intermediate

I don't think all HD riders are like that. VTX is a nice bike. I actually test drove one once just to see what it was like. But for me it was just too generic, to refined, kind of like the Toyota Camry of Touring bikes. Something to be said for a bike that has a lot more personality.

But to each there own. Enjoy your ride.

Old 06-06-2011 | 08:58 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default Where?

averagejoe6pak, I'm sorry I just had to go back and see where you are from. That's some funny shiot right there. Guess it's time to get some cheese to go with that whine. Juz sayin. Relax dude. If you like your bike go ride it and enjoy. Who gives a rats azz what anyone else thinks. If you are that concerned, call me and maybe I can help coordinate what you wear on your next ride. Yeah, I'd trust that advice!

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:05 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member

Just get one of every kind of motorcycle and you can fit in with everyone

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?