The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 04:29 PM
schumacher
Club Member

I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx (I think it was anyways...was something japanese) and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure

Old 06-06-2011 | 04:32 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

I get all kinds of owners looking at the bikes I ride hear a lot of dumb #ss comments but whatever bike I have at the time is the one I want at least at that time. Had a couple of HD dudes ask me the horsepower of my 1200 vrf, told them it's between 150 and 170 depending on the test with over 100 FPS of torque. The old pirate said he could never ride a bike with only a 1200, I just laughed and said OK.

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:00 PM
averagejoe6pak
|
Intermediate

Just to let you ladies know that the post was not from me. I got it off a Honda forum from a member there that does not own a Harley. I don't give a rats *** what you ride as long as you ride. Hell if I have the money I would own all kinds of bikes. Peace!

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:01 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

A better question, and I did not read this thread, only the ops post.
If your on a Japanese bike, why are you looking to be accepted by the Guys who ride American? Then you catch up to them so that you can pass them slowly to see if they look at you. They probably thought you was an idiot for doing that and had a good chuckle, grow up, ride your bike, who cares what it is?

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:11 PM
dcobra23
Tourer

I think you have a VTX Complex................Who really gives a hoot what you ride bro just ride...............

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:14 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

Dude, I give a compliment when ever I see a bike I like no matter what kind but for the time being I usually only gawk at Harleys!! Think it's a phase, Lol!! I think we need to stop giving a chit how everybody else feels and either ignore them and ride or only ride a bike that's socially exceptable!!!! LMAO!!!!

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:24 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member

I always wave at chicks on 150cc Chinese scooters around town. Give 'em the low wave and all. Freaks 'em out and they start giggling. Spread the love dude...

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:26 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

People don't notice you as much as you wish to believe people notice you.

Old 06-06-2011 | 05:28 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I pulled into a gas station the other day and sitting in front in a big, black raised pickup truck are two big bearded guys who totally fit the Harley rider stereotype. Both are wearing ZZTop sunglesses, have head bands on and the windshield of the has a big Harley Davidson sticker across the top.
Best I can tell, most people in harley T-shirts and cars with Harley stickers do not actually own a Harley and often never have.

Another time I was in a parking lot and noticed a guy a few spots ahead who was standing next to his custom Harley yapping on his cell. He heard my bike and saw a little of it as I swung into a parking stall just two cars from him. He starts walking over with his head craned to see what bike just pulled in and when he gets close enough to see my bike he does a fast 'about face' as though he was scared to death someone might have seen him checking out my bike.
He was trying to get away before you cornered him to explain why your bike isn't a Harley. When I meet a rice-harley rider I go to great lengths to avoid the topic of motorcycles because (a) I will eventually insult him without meaning to and (b) I don't want to hear the crazy justifications for why it isn't a Harley or why Honda really makes all the parts on my Harley or whatever.

Last time I spent time looking at a Japanese cruiser, I was amazed at how cheap the chrome looked.

Last edited by brenn; 06-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2011 | 05:32 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by schumacher
I entered my last Sportster in a cruise in with prizes once. Parked right beside a vtx (I think it was anyways...was something japanese) and don't you know everyone that walked up looked at the Honda?

go figure

Thats because the honda has a cooler looking headlight.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?