The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011 | 01:07 AM
chromedome09
Road Master

Paranoid. Honda rider is Paranoid.
Paranoid psychosis is a break with reality that includes extreme fear and anxiety associated with delusions. Paranoia is a common feature of many delusions, especially in cases like persecutory delusions where people become convinced that they are under attack or someone is out to get them. A number of psychiatric conditions can contribute to the development of paranoid psychosis, and it can also develop in response to neurological disorders, certain medications, and some other causes. There are treatments available to help the patient address the delusions and associated paranoia.

Paranoia itself is fear and anxiety at an unreasonable level that may be exaggerated, and is often rooted in something not very believable. Informally, the term is often used to describe quite reasonable cautions, like being alert for police cars while speeding. In psychiatry, this would not be considered paranoia, but believing that the police were tracking a driver with a device mounted in the vehicle would be (not if your muling drugs) .

People in a state of psychosis can experience hallucinations, sensory experiences of things that are not actually there, along with delusions, beliefs about things that are not really happening. In paranoid psychosis, the hallucinations and delusions are accompanied by intense fear. This can cause the patient to behave suspiciously and to view anyone trying to help with extreme suspicion; a doctor may become an enemy agent, for example, or a family member may be possessed by

Most people are to much into their own chit to give a ratz azz about somebody on a another motorcycle, no matter what kind of motorcycle it is.

I don't pay attention to em no matter what kind of bike it is. Mainly cause I got better things to think about.. Like how to spell correctly on the internet.

Old 10-12-2011 | 10:10 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

+ 1. Lot's of that around here.
OOPS, I meant to quote the post above me.

Old 10-12-2011 | 10:12 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by chromedome09
Paranoid. Honda rider is Paranoid.
Paranoid psychosis is a break with reality that includes extreme fear and anxiety associated with delusions. Paranoia is a common feature of many delusions, especially in cases like persecutory delusions where people become convinced that they are under attack or someone is out to get them. A number of psychiatric conditions can contribute to the development of paranoid psychosis, and it can also develop in response to neurological disorders, certain medications, and some other causes. There are treatments available to help the patient address the delusions and associated paranoia.

Paranoia itself is fear and anxiety at an unreasonable level that may be exaggerated, and is often rooted in something not very believable. Informally, the term is often used to describe quite reasonable cautions, like being alert for police cars while speeding. In psychiatry, this would not be considered paranoia, but believing that the police were tracking a driver with a device mounted in the vehicle would be (not if your muling drugs) .

People in a state of psychosis can experience hallucinations, sensory experiences of things that are not actually there, along with delusions, beliefs about things that are not really happening. In paranoid psychosis, the hallucinations and delusions are accompanied by intense fear. This can cause the patient to behave suspiciously and to view anyone trying to help with extreme suspicion; a doctor may become an enemy agent, for example, or a family member may be possessed by

Most people are to much into their own chit to give a ratz azz about somebody on a another motorcycle, no matter what kind of motorcycle it is.

I don't pay attention to em no matter what kind of bike it is. Mainly cause I got better things to think about.. Like how to spell correctly on the internet.
+ 1, lot's of that around here.
There.

Old 10-14-2011 | 10:46 PM
OldRed
5th Gear

Just this morning I was waiting to pull out of my street onto one of the major four lane streets in our city. As I was sitting there at the stop sign, an absolutely stunning blond gal with a huge smile flew by on an overseas made bike. She was in the Air Force and had a flight suit on. I gave her the wave and returned the smile. I also chased her for two miles just to tell her that I caught her smiling! I try to give a wave to anyone on two wheels. It's nice to know that others actually see motorcycles and the riders. Harley owners are not being snooty if you don't get a wave. Quite frankly, you might be a little too concerned about what others think. I love to see someone just having a blast riding. Perhaps, if you are enjoying what you're doing, it will inspire others to enjoy it with you! I know that many folks just can't lay down the dough for a real American made ICON! My Harley's built and smokes many a crotch rocket. And then again, sometimes I'm left wondering. But at the next light, I always try to share a smile and say "GREAT DAY FOR RIDING"! Frankly, Get on your bike and RIDE! Have fun doing it! Let others sit on your bike! Let them feel it! Take them for a little ride! It's infectious! Most folks just need a little. If you've got that....SHARE IT! If you just wanna feel like you're cool... stay home, rent a movie, get some of those wine cooler things and put on an IZOD shirt.

Old 10-16-2011 | 11:43 AM
Gijoey8
3rd Gear

Is this a real thread ? If so I have the answer Joe . If your riding your Honda and you want to get the att: of Harley riders . Just speed as fast as you can into a brick wall and I'll be the first one over there to look at your bike (oh and to make sure your alright). Then, after you get your money from your insurace company you can go put a nice down payment a Harley . Of course knowing that your gay I wont come over to look at your new bike .

Does this make me an ashole like some of the others? Probaly , but would rather be a ******* than a poser looking for att:

Old 10-16-2011 | 12:08 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Cool Mopar

I sold my soul for the 'cuda and friends.
when you drag mopars into it all else is gay and pointless and I will not be looking at it or acknowledging its existence in anyway.
the bearded one obviously borrowed the truck and owns a mopar.
when I rolled my road runner convertible, everything else was inferior.
you may have seen my old car. that dork chip foose was going to put an automatic in it. one of a couple hundred four speed cars. dork.
I have done drunken donuts in a six pack superbird. spent a xmas weekend once turning a 71 318 cuda into a 440 six pak shakerhood monster. should have went to jail that weekend mopars rule.

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
Originally Posted by Ironhand
it's all mind over matter
i dont mind if you ride anything other than a harley
you just dont matter to me

+2

Its the same with me and muscle cars.. i'm a die-hard mopar man.. don't even give a cheb or phord a second look unless i'm working on it.. but you can drive what ever it is you want, just don't get bent if i don't care about it..

I work with a bunch of rice lovers of the cage kind.. they could care less about my ol 67. it doesn't matter to me none..

as for bikes, once i determine its a ricer ride, it doesn't do anything for me because theres nothing done to that bike that i could or would like to do to mine..

Attached Thumbnails Are Harley owners really like this?-copy-of-bird3.jpg   Are Harley owners really like this?-rt-rear.jpg   Are Harley owners really like this?-img_0256.jpg   Are Harley owners really like this?-hemichall14.jpg   Are Harley owners really like this?-grabber22.jpg  

Old 10-16-2011 | 12:55 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Honestly, to me, if there is a custom paint job or something then I will check it out. I'm friendly to just about anyone I come into contact with regardless what they ride, but don't go out of my way to approach them. If they make eye contact with me, I will acknowledge that either verbally or with a nod of the head.

On the other hand, I've had people (strangers) drive into a parking lot off the street, and others detour across a parking lot, just to come over and say hello and talk about my RK. Haven't seen that behavior with many other bikes.

Old 10-16-2011 | 01:10 PM
srurebel55
Advanced

hmmmmmmm..... thanks for the laughs. this was funny and i cant wait to get home and get my baby back... and of course not ride with any of my friends who dont ride harley...yeah right.

jim with the vmax, i think those are cool looking bikes.
have a nice day everyone.

Old 10-16-2011 | 03:52 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
I occasionally ride with a friend who owns a (gasp!) Honda Fury.
A Furby? That's so cute!

Old 10-16-2011 | 07:32 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow!! From some of the posts I guess there really are Harley riders who are like that. Me? I'll ride with anyone on 2 or 3 wheels.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?