The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011 | 07:45 PM
schumacher
Club Member

what's this thread about again? I'm lost

Old 06-12-2011 | 10:00 PM
kmnjr
Cruiser

I've read all of the posts and I am ready to to make up my mind on the subject at hand. That is of course, after I see the flying monkeys! lol

Old 06-12-2011 | 11:35 PM
2Loose
6th Gear

It's the flying whales that get me going....

Old 06-12-2011 | 11:49 PM
BoBoNel
3rd Gear

its like the differance between......

(fugetabowdit........cant get pic to load) meh

Last edited by BoBoNel; 06-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2011 | 08:19 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cameraboy
College credit? Maybe not, but if you don't know the difference between "there" and "their," or you type an entire post in one long sentence, I find it hard to take anything that person says seriously.

Sorry, but how you speak and how you write influences how people think about you.

I am nearly finished with a degree in special education, so I am well a ware that intelligence is often not synonymous writing or speaking ability, but it's difficult for me to believe that such a large percentage of this forum is learning disabled.

But I have noticed that the majority of the time when an opinion is irrational, extreme, and ignorant, it's usually written in one long run-on sentence by someone who claims that "they're friend is taking their bike to a mekanic for sum work" or something like that.

Just an observation. People do judge you not only for what you say, but for how you say it, right or wrong.
once again **** off you fu8king snob. aren't you from NY ?

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:23 AM
oasysco
Advanced

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
You are telling us not to judge someone because by how he speaks and spells, but you were saying all kinds of **** on your first post against all bikers who do not own a Harley and even Harley owners who don't fix their own bikes. Hyprocrite! Don't blame your lack of grammar & spelling on your accident. The truth is you are just a bitter old dumbass! ****, my 4yr old can spell better than you. People like you are a joke and that's right I'm looking down at you!
OK, you have a point about the dobuel-standard on judging, but this is a Harley forum, so if someone likes Harleys and dislikes other makes, he's right at home here.

If his ways are a result of serious brain trauma and he has recovered enough to communicate well and get his point across, even if he comes across like a codger, more power to him. I taught college part-time and had a brain damaged student (my age) who I knew before his accident. He struggled to get through the class and as a result became one of my heroes, erasing any excuses I had for not doing what I wanted in life due to fear of failure. I currently work with a guy who is a paraplegic due to a diving accident. He just got his master's degree this past spring - and none of the classes in the program are over the web; they are in-person classes.

I don't think any of us know how hard "normal" things can be for those who have suffered through a terrible accident. and when I see someone who didn't let that stop them, well, I'll raise a brew or two to that person because I know he's kickin' his own axx hard to get where he is today.

Greg

Last edited by oasysco; 06-13-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2011 | 08:27 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
you're as dumb as the idiot that started this stupidass thread.
I see you're fairly new here...keep it up,I'm sure you'll make lots of friends
He was the one that started it. and don't worry, one day he is going to express his wisdom to the wrong person and I hope he learns from the consequences. If not he is in for a lot of asswhupins. Course maybe he just does it online?

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:46 AM
schumacher
Club Member

this is what Harley owners are really like..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzE6gfx6O3o

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:58 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

you nailed it schu

Old 06-13-2011 | 09:20 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

schu, I will have you know that I do the gardening and yard work around here. Yeah, usually w/ beer in hand

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?