The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011 | 11:12 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Ive known some very intelligent folks who might be lacking in the grammer department. You cant measure a mans worth by his level of education. Ive learned a lot over the years from guys who couldnt spell worth a damn. I think of this way.......if i cant fix my bike and i bring it to a mech im not going to judge his work by how articulate he is. You are on a forum about motorcycles not the proper use of grammer.

Last edited by fast2live; 06-10-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2011 | 11:27 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master

Originally Posted by cameraboy
You can tell a lot about a person by how they write, whether they can spell or not, whether they can use punctuation and capitalization, or use run-on sentences.

Their opinions usually are the same as their writing style: uneducated and ignorant.
sometimes just poor typist too , not a educated elitist that thinks there above everyone else, and has time to sit and type a dissertation and proofread it untill it's perfect.
ain't nothin to me sparky

Old 06-10-2011 | 12:08 PM
Sibs
Cruiser

[quote=Montana Cowboy;8431223]WOW, If everybody on earth was as hard lined as you are, what chaos there would be. You disrespect a man cause he rides metric. You disrespect a HARLEY owner because he ain't got grease under his fingernails. You disrespect people with different hobbies. SCREW EM ALL seems to be your creed. That's as negative an attitude as I've ever seen. There must be a dark cloud hovering over you everywhere you go.

I'll bet you, and you, and you must realy enjoy yourselves.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.[/quo

Hay, When Harley was bairly hanging on it was guys like me who kept them alive. Why, because we belived. We had pride.If it wasnt for use with our tudes then there would be no Harley for the masses to enjoy today.So what if I dont get into the Jap crusers of today, I dont dis anyone, Ya wana ride Im cool, Just saying I prefer to associate with those I can talk shop talk as well as ride. I dont associate with Honda riders simply cus what they ride does as much for me as a dead fish on the road. Ya can only shoot the **** about the weather for so long.I have friends who ride 100 miles for an oil change at the local HD, I dont get it , I dont dis them, Most my friends break down beside the road, they fix it, Thats what Ive been use to. That makes me a A hole, Bitter. In the end the suns out im with my face in the wind. My had goes out to anyone I pass on a bike. Im not checkin the dudes jap cruser in a gas station cuzI like it thats for sure.

Old 06-10-2011 | 01:53 PM
averagejoe6pak
|
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Sibs;8436324]
Originally Posted by Montana Cowboy
WOW, If everybody on earth was as hard lined as you are, what chaos there would be. You disrespect a man cause he rides metric. You disrespect a HARLEY owner because he ain't got grease under his fingernails. You disrespect people with different hobbies. SCREW EM ALL seems to be your creed. That's as negative an attitude as I've ever seen. There must be a dark cloud hovering over you everywhere you go.

I'll bet you, and you, and you must realy enjoy yourselves.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.[/quo

Hay, When Harley was bairly hanging on it was guys like me who kept them alive. Why, because we belived. We had pride.If it wasnt for use with our tudes then there would be no Harley for the masses to enjoy today.So what if I dont get into the Jap crusers of today, I dont dis anyone, Ya wana ride Im cool, Just saying I prefer to associate with those I can talk shop talk as well as ride. I dont associate with Honda riders simply cus what they ride does as much for me as a dead fish on the road. Ya can only shoot the **** about the weather for so long.I have friends who ride 100 miles for an oil change at the local HD, I dont get it , I dont dis them, Most my friends break down beside the road, they fix it, Thats what Ive been use to. That makes me a A hole, Bitter. In the end the suns out im with my face in the wind. My had goes out to anyone I pass on a bike. Im not checkin the dudes jap cruser in a gas station cuzI like it thats for sure.

Old 06-10-2011 | 02:04 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

You can tell a lot about a person by how they write, whether they can spell or not, whether they can use punctuation and capitalization, or use run-on sentences.

Their opinions usually are the same as their writing style: uneducated and ignorant.
Don't argue with this guy. If you ain't PC you be wrong. FLAME ON you selfrightous............

Old 06-10-2011 | 02:10 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

College credit? Maybe not, but if you don't know the difference between "there" and "their," or you type an entire post in one long sentence, I find it hard to take anything that person says seriously.

WTFC

Sorry, but how you speak and how you write influences how people think about you.

I care even less about this

I am nearly finished with a degree in special education, so I am well a ware that intelligence is often not synonymous writing or speaking ability, but it's difficult for me to believe that such a large percentage of this forum is learning disabled.

Then why don't you **** off
But I have noticed that the majority of the time when an opinion is irrational, extreme, and ignorant, it's usually written in one long run-on sentence by someone who claims that "they're friend is taking their bike to a mekanic for sum work" or something like that.
again wtfc
Just an observation. People do judge you not only for what you say, but for how you say it, right or wrong.
And do you really think I ****in care what the rest of the world thinks? Grow up.

Old 06-10-2011 | 02:15 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I got this off of an Honda board since I also own a Honda VTX 1300 along with my Road King. I love all bikes Harley or not, as long as it the style I like. Are other Harley owners like this? Just curious. Ride safe!

"Disclaimer: I have nothing against Harley Davidson or the owners, just this odd behavior we VTX owners experience from time to time:

I pulled into a gas station the other day and sitting in front in a big, black raised pickup truck are two big bearded guys who totally fit the Harley rider stereotype. Both are wearing ZZTop sunglesses, have head bands on and the windshield of the has a big Harley Davidson sticker across the top.

I see them notice my bike but they quickly look away. They need to walk past my bike so I look at them thinking they might say something to me (I am a fellow biker after all) but their eyes apper to look right through me and the VTX as they walk by.

Ok, so I've gassed up and am at the pump (facing it) as I wait for my receipt to print out, and I see the 'Harley boys' walking past me in the gas pumps glass reflection . Now that my back is turned I see them checking my bike out as they walk by it.

I smile to myself thinking how it's OK to look as long as the Honda rider isn't aware of it.

When I turn around the guys are getting in thier truck and pulling out of the station, and now that I'm looking at them they offer zero eye contact. I catch up to them and pass them slowly, but they seem to have pulled the truck up with me so it can ride along side me (checking out my bike???). They pace me for a short time, then roar away in a display of power of their truck (**YAWN**).

It was all good for laugh.

Another time I was in a parking lot and noticed a guy a few spots ahead who was standing next to his custom Harley yapping on his cell. He heard my bike and saw a little of it as I swung into a parking stall just two cars from him. He starts walking over with his head craned to see what bike just pulled in and when he gets close enough to see my bike he does a fast 'about face' as though he was scared to death someone might have seen him checking out my bike.

As I walked by I checked out his bike (a very nice custom Harley) but he would not give me any eye contact. If he had I would have paid him a complement on his bike.

Many times I've parked at biker hangouts and seen this same behavior where leather clad biker types will start to look at my bike and as you see them recognise it's not a Harley they quicking turn away/move on.

I suppose there is some shame in admiring a 'pretend' Harley? Is it the plastic-chrome? The fact that it's not made in America (my Honda was)? Is a Harley owner 'cheating' on the brand if he/she admires some other brand? I just don't get it.

I love just about every brand of bike made and can admire them all even if the peticular bike isn't my 'cup-a-tea'.

Now I've noticed that some crotch-rocket owner are indifferent to my bike, but I think that is more a style difference than anything else. I'm somewhat that way with a bunch of parked sportbikes in that I'm mostly bored by them.

Just odd. . ."
I'm a Harley rider, and I've always been a dick and I HATE honda anything! I'd probably hate you too all dressed up in your Members Only jacket and your cheap white sneakers that all you stereotypical honda riders think is so hip. Don't Hate! LOL

Old 06-10-2011 | 04:11 PM
Jerseybob
Advanced

I haven' read all these posts but the thing I find really funny is that everytime I run into someone that rides a honda or yamaha they explain why they didnt get a Harley. They never tell me why they got a Honda over a Yamaha or visa versa. I conld not care less what someone rides. Honestly I think a lot of the jananese bikes are really
nice. Ever since I got my Harley I have just found it really funny that everyone that rides something else feels like they need to justify and compare. I mean you never here a Harley rider explain why he bought a Harley over a Honda. It seems like everyone just knows.
I was even at a Honda dealership last week and they had a little movie clip they made trying to make fun of Harleys and Harley riders, this just struck me as odd just because you never see anything like this at a Harley dealership.

Old 06-10-2011 | 04:25 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jerseybob
I was even at a Honda dealership last week and they had a little movie clip they made trying to make fun of Harleys and Harley riders, this just struck me as odd just because you never see anything like this at a Harley dealership.
I'd burn your clothes you wore in there just to be on the safe side...

Old 06-10-2011 | 05:06 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?