The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Hmmmm I`m thinking parnoid.... sounds as if you might be the one who is profiling others... the guys in the truck may have not even owned a harley.....I dont mind guys who ride foriegn made bike, they can ride with me anytime... Just stay to the right and back 2 miles....
That's good helmet sticker material

Old 06-09-2011 | 01:10 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

You can tell a lot about a person by how they write, whether they can spell or not, whether they can use punctuation and capitalization, or use run-on sentences.

Their opinions usually are the same as their writing style: uneducated and ignorant.

Old 06-09-2011 | 01:19 PM
Landfill_Tim
Cruiser

I've been away from this forum for over 2 years. I just remembered why. I'll go back to the tech areas and hang there. BTW, I don't hate all bikes, but I can't stand Honda V-twins. I think they sound awful. I guess I'm a harley jerk too.

Old 06-09-2011 | 02:52 PM
mikedero
Cruiser

First of all

Second I can careless what people ride and dont ride. No I do not take a second look at metric bikes because I have NO interest in them at all period. I wave to them and respect the fact they are riding. I have nothing against them.

Third who f8cking cares what this troll likes or thinks. He is on this site to start **** plain and simple. Chances are he does own a metric, it seems metric riders have their panites in a bunch

Old 06-09-2011 | 03:52 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
You can tell a lot about a person by how they write, whether they can spell or not, whether they can use punctuation and capitalization, or use run-on sentences.

Their opinions usually are the same as their writing style: uneducated and ignorant.
some of us are just lazy when typing in forums as well. this isn't for college credit, so i don't worry a lot about spellin and punctions

Old 06-09-2011 | 04:33 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Thank the gods we have a member of the educated and all knowing among us to show the way. Please do enlighten us.

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:24 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

**** off cameraboy u whinning bitch

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:31 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Which explains most of your posts. Do you own a bike yet?

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:41 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Educated or not, thats the most ignorant thing ive heard in a long time.

Old 06-10-2011 | 10:59 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

some of us are just lazy when typing in forums as well. this isn't for college credit, so i don't worry a lot about spellin and punctions
College credit? Maybe not, but if you don't know the difference between "there" and "their," or you type an entire post in one long sentence, I find it hard to take anything that person says seriously.
Educated or not, thats the most ignorant thing ive heard in a long time.
Sorry, but how you speak and how you write influences how people think about you.

I am nearly finished with a degree in special education, so I am well a ware that intelligence is often not synonymous writing or speaking ability, but it's difficult for me to believe that such a large percentage of this forum is learning disabled.

But I have noticed that the majority of the time when an opinion is irrational, extreme, and ignorant, it's usually written in one long run-on sentence by someone who claims that "they're friend is taking their bike to a mekanic for sum work" or something like that.

Just an observation. People do judge you not only for what you say, but for how you say it, right or wrong.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?