The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:09 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

I like that my hd sounds like it's going to stall when idling cuz tell ya the truth I shouldn't be idling but riding.
I call it character and its one of a kind, with my lucky charms on it unlike a clone metric. Personally this Is my first hd and my previous bikes were cruising metrics simply bcuz I couldn't afford a new hd. But all my previous bikes had my lucky charms of some sort so it was not just another clone.

Now that I'm ranting: my fav are yuppies who magically took a motorcycle course, went out and layed down 20 or 30 grand on a nice hog and now are instant bad boy bikers.
Just the other night a guy said to me how long have you had your hd and I said a month. The guy goes on and says "your a newbie but don't feel bad I've only had my license two years". So I'm like listen man I've been riding for 30 yrs, this is just my first hd.

All I can say, being a so called biker is a piece of mind and some ppl got it and the rest are wannabes no matter What ya ride.

Old 06-08-2011 | 12:24 AM
banddirector
Road Master

Originally Posted by ThreatLevel Midnight
I would say from vast experience that all of us Harley riders are EXACTLY like that.
Well, maybe not all, but too darn many ...

Old 06-08-2011 | 05:19 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

your dreaming troll, why would anyone want to look at a VTX??
what are ZZtopp sunglasses?? black ones??

Old 06-08-2011 | 07:40 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Who... whut... eh... what was the question?

Old 06-08-2011 | 04:28 PM
averagejoe6pak
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brenn
Maybe you should trade for a Honda then, 'cause you're one of the biggest whining sissies I've seen claim to ride a Harley, even on this forum.
When I grow up I just want to be a big bad *** just like you!! You're my hero!!!

Old 06-08-2011 | 05:30 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master

Originally Posted by banddirector
Well, maybe not all, but too darn many ...
Respectfully, I disagree. I think ALL of us HD riders are exactly alike in EVERY WAY. (That's why we're all so unique.)

Old 06-08-2011 | 07:48 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Are you sure the guys in the truck own Harleys or are you just stereotyping?

I think you are just too paranoid and in need of acknowledgement.

Heck, I don't compliment every bike I see. Chances are if it is not A Harley I don't know what it is.
+1 ...It seems the OP is way too self-conscious about his rice-burner and the lack of attention he's wanting and not getting for putting pipes on it and trying to make it sound 'just like a Harley'.

BTW, OP...Just because Honda's are 'made' here in the USA, do you think that the Japs who actually still own it are going to give every penny of each bike to the American's here making them? Think about it.

Old 06-08-2011 | 07:50 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenn
Maybe you should trade for a Honda then, 'cause you're one of the biggest whining sissies I've seen claim to ride a Harley, even on this forum.

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
When I grow up I just want to be a big bad *** just like you!! You're my hero!!!
It seems we've got a looooooooooong wait for you to grow up.

Old 06-08-2011 | 07:52 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by dickey
If it ain't a Harley, I ain't interested in it, no matter how nice it is. (unless it's a classic of some sort) Don't have a problem with metric riders;just metric bikes.
+1, well said.

Old 06-09-2011 | 04:39 AM
oasysco
Advanced

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I got this off of an Honda board since I also own a Honda VTX 1300 along with my Road King. I love all bikes Harley or not, as long as it the style I like. Are other Harley owners like this? Just curious. Ride safe!
"
Who can speak for *all* other Harley riders? It's like white folks thinking a black person knows all other black persons because they're black: "So, your last name is Jones? I knew a guy named Harold Jones a long time ago halfway across the country. Do you know him?".

And you don't even know if those guys actually own Harleys. Maybe they do and maybe they don't. Who knows?

I, too, came from Honda VTX's and VTXOA (I see DBoyz even stalks this forum, but only in view-mode; wimp). My ex-1800C got more looks than any other bike I've owned - only they were all guys looking at it like guys checking out a hot rod. My UC only gets comments from ladies. Totally unexpected. Who knew ladies like UCs? I mean, really... UCs? RKs I could understand; maybe even Sportsters, but UCs? I'm not complaining, mind you, but I digress...

I acknowledge every bike I see. I wave to most every rider regardless of bike brand, inc sport bikes.

It's easy to focus on the top dog in the cruiser world - Harley and try to categorize their owners into a single group, but that's as much of a fallacy as thinking every black person knows every other black person just because they're black. But you already know that since you own a RK and you certainly do not fall into the single category of Harley rider you are inquiring about.

So the short answer to your question is no, most Harley riders are not like that, but maybe guys who look like bikers but who ride in trucks and wear biker t-shirts are like that

Greg

Last edited by oasysco; 06-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?