The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 02:51 PM
steelpony5555
Tourer

I smell a group hug coming on so I'm outa here ....

Old 06-07-2011 | 03:18 PM
putergod
Intermediate

I can't stand anything Asian, except maybe the women, but even them I put below European and n/s American in my personal desirability. I consider asian goods as cheap, inferior altenatives to higher quality goods made in/from America and Europe (in that order).
If I did buy a bike other than a harley, it definitely would not be asian.

Old 06-07-2011 | 03:21 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
Look here G.I Joe, if you read my post correctly I also own Harley Road King that I just bought 4mos ago in addition to my Honda. Further more I did not write that, it came from another poster on the Honda forum that does not own a Harley. I thought I would share and you can call it Trolling or whatever you want I don't give a ****!

It's obvious you're the 1% A-hole Harley guy out there that makes the other 99% look bad.
Maybe you should trade for a Honda then, 'cause you're one of the biggest whining sissies I've seen claim to ride a Harley, even on this forum.

Old 06-07-2011 | 03:26 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior

ZZ Top Kicks ***!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/zz-to...an-spacecraft/

Last edited by leanhog; 06-09-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2011 | 05:53 PM
Sibs
Cruiser
Default Perfect!!

Originally Posted by Ironhand
it's all mind over matter
i dont mind if you ride anything other than a harley
you just dont matter to me
I couldnt have said it any better.
Exactly how I feel.

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I got this off of an Honda board since I also own a Honda VTX 1300 along with my Road King. I love all bikes Harley or not, as long as it the style I like. Are other Harley owners like this? Just curious. Ride safe!

"Disclaimer: I have nothing against Harley Davidson or the owners, just this odd behavior we VTX owners experience from time to time:

I pulled into a gas station the other day and sitting in front in a big, black raised pickup truck are two big bearded guys who totally fit the Harley rider stereotype. Both are wearing ZZTop sunglesses, have head bands on and the windshield of the has a big Harley Davidson sticker across the top.

I see them notice my bike but they quickly look away. They need to walk past my bike so I look at them thinking they might say something to me (I am a fellow biker after all) but their eyes apper to look right through me and the VTX as they walk by.

Ok, so I've gassed up and am at the pump (facing it) as I wait for my receipt to print out, and I see the 'Harley boys' walking past me in the gas pumps glass reflection . Now that my back is turned I see them checking my bike out as they walk by it.

I smile to myself thinking how it's OK to look as long as the Honda rider isn't aware of it.

When I turn around the guys are getting in thier truck and pulling out of the station, and now that I'm looking at them they offer zero eye contact. I catch up to them and pass them slowly, but they seem to have pulled the truck up with me so it can ride along side me (checking out my bike???). They pace me for a short time, then roar away in a display of power of their truck (**YAWN**).

It was all good for laugh.

Another time I was in a parking lot and noticed a guy a few spots ahead who was standing next to his custom Harley yapping on his cell. He heard my bike and saw a little of it as I swung into a parking stall just two cars from him. He starts walking over with his head craned to see what bike just pulled in and when he gets close enough to see my bike he does a fast 'about face' as though he was scared to death someone might have seen him checking out my bike.

As I walked by I checked out his bike (a very nice custom Harley) but he would not give me any eye contact. If he had I would have paid him a complement on his bike.

Many times I've parked at biker hangouts and seen this same behavior where leather clad biker types will start to look at my bike and as you see them recognise it's not a Harley they quicking turn away/move on.

I suppose there is some shame in admiring a 'pretend' Harley? Is it the plastic-chrome? The fact that it's not made in America (my Honda was)? Is a Harley owner 'cheating' on the brand if he/she admires some other brand? I just don't get it.

I love just about every brand of bike made and can admire them all even if the peticular bike isn't my 'cup-a-tea'.

Now I've noticed that some crotch-rocket owner are indifferent to my bike, but I think that is more a style difference than anything else. I'm somewhat that way with a bunch of parked sportbikes in that I'm mostly bored by them.

Just odd. . ."

You sound just like a couple closet queers I know , they always trying to catch somebody looking at them too .

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:22 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride Harleys. I have nothing against anyone that wants to ride a Honda or any other brand, but honestly, I'm not interested in your bike. I may glance your way if I hear you coming, but once I see it's not a Harley, I doubt I'd give you or your bike a second look because it isn't a Harley and I'm not interested in anything but HDs. I'm not trying to be a snob about it or anything else, but I just don't have any interest in any bikes but Harleys. I couldn't tell the difference between your VTX and any other non Harley. I don't even know what a VTX looks like. I'm sure I've seen them, but I have so little interest in non-Harleys, I couldn't identify over half the bikes on the road it if my life depended on it. If you like your bike, that's all that matters. If we meet up, I'll have a drink with you, and we can trade lies, but I still won't be interested in looking at your bike. I don't want to hear how well it handles or how much power it has or anything else about it. That's just the way it is. The only other bikes I've had were a Triumph and a BSA and I had a Harley while I had those. Now if you have some old classic, like a Vincent, or a Ariel, or something like that, I probably would want to hear about and look at your bike, but a relatively new modern day Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Victory, etc., no, I don't care. I doubt all or even most Harley riders feel as I do, but that's how I feel about it. I guess you could truthfully say that I was never into motorcycles, per se, but I was always into Harleys even before I had one.

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:56 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member

When I gas up and a rice burner is there, I just usually say, nice day for a ride. They put up with the same crap we do from cagers!!

Old 06-07-2011 | 07:07 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhand
it's all mind over matter
i dont mind if you ride anything other than a harley
you just dont matter to me

+2

Its the same with me and muscle cars.. i'm a die-hard mopar man.. don't even give a cheb or phord a second look unless i'm working on it.. but you can drive what ever it is you want, just don't get bent if i don't care about it..

I work with a bunch of rice lovers of the cage kind.. they could care less about my ol 67. it doesn't matter to me none..

as for bikes, once i determine its a ricer ride, it doesn't do anything for me because theres nothing done to that bike that i could or would like to do to mine..

Old 06-07-2011 | 07:20 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Does not matter to me. Ride what you got. I wave , nod or jester to anything on two wheels. They may even have a better bike but they all know who's on top? even Shu?? HA

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?