The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Harley owners really like this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:00 AM
neocontra
Banned

Beat it troll. Go get some attention from your ****** boyfriend if you need it that bad.

I want the 3 minutes of my life you just took from me with your stupid post back.

Originally Posted by averagejoe6pak
I got this off of an Honda board since I also own a Honda VTX 1300 along with my Road King. I love all bikes Harley or not, as long as it the style I like. Are other Harley owners like this? Just curious. Ride safe!

"Disclaimer: I have nothing against Harley Davidson or the owners, just this odd behavior we VTX owners experience from time to time:

I pulled into a gas station the other day and sitting in front in a big, black raised pickup truck are two big bearded guys who totally fit the Harley rider stereotype. Both are wearing ZZTop sunglesses, have head bands on and the windshield of the has a big Harley Davidson sticker across the top.

I see them notice my bike but they quickly look away. They need to walk past my bike so I look at them thinking they might say something to me (I am a fellow biker after all) but their eyes apper to look right through me and the VTX as they walk by.

Ok, so I've gassed up and am at the pump (facing it) as I wait for my receipt to print out, and I see the 'Harley boys' walking past me in the gas pumps glass reflection . Now that my back is turned I see them checking my bike out as they walk by it.

I smile to myself thinking how it's OK to look as long as the Honda rider isn't aware of it.

When I turn around the guys are getting in thier truck and pulling out of the station, and now that I'm looking at them they offer zero eye contact. I catch up to them and pass them slowly, but they seem to have pulled the truck up with me so it can ride along side me (checking out my bike???). They pace me for a short time, then roar away in a display of power of their truck (**YAWN**).

It was all good for laugh.

Another time I was in a parking lot and noticed a guy a few spots ahead who was standing next to his custom Harley yapping on his cell. He heard my bike and saw a little of it as I swung into a parking stall just two cars from him. He starts walking over with his head craned to see what bike just pulled in and when he gets close enough to see my bike he does a fast 'about face' as though he was scared to death someone might have seen him checking out my bike.

As I walked by I checked out his bike (a very nice custom Harley) but he would not give me any eye contact. If he had I would have paid him a complement on his bike.

Many times I've parked at biker hangouts and seen this same behavior where leather clad biker types will start to look at my bike and as you see them recognise it's not a Harley they quicking turn away/move on.

I suppose there is some shame in admiring a 'pretend' Harley? Is it the plastic-chrome? The fact that it's not made in America (my Honda was)? Is a Harley owner 'cheating' on the brand if he/she admires some other brand? I just don't get it.

I love just about every brand of bike made and can admire them all even if the peticular bike isn't my 'cup-a-tea'.

Now I've noticed that some crotch-rocket owner are indifferent to my bike, but I think that is more a style difference than anything else. I'm somewhat that way with a bunch of parked sportbikes in that I'm mostly bored by them.

Just odd. . ."

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:06 AM
never say never
Tourer

I went to the grocery store to pick up some garden seeds at thier flower and landscape shop that they set up in the parking lot every spring,I parked next to a honda valkerie and when i was getting ready to leave the owner of the honda got to his bike and said that i had nice looking harley and i returned by saying the honda valkerie is a nice bike with lots of power which it is!He was about 58 long pony tail you know an old hippie!I bet we talked for 20 minutes or better telling stories of days gone buy.People who are new to harley just dont get it right away they think they buy a harley and become instant 1% in a biker world,I have been riding harleys when we were using easy rider pages for gaskets in the old leaky amfs,and a lot of 1%ers were riding bsa,triump,and nortons as well as harleys back then you rode what you could fix i never learned how to work on the jap stuff except the old moto cross bikes when i lived in southern california but i never have toren down another rider because of what kind of bike he rode!

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:22 AM
wrestleantares
Advanced

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Ok, here is my response.....I was at a gas station once and met 2 guys from ZZ Top....we were talking and then noticed a guy riding a Honda pulling in. Now KNOWING that ALL Honda riders are gay crotch sniffers we all ran away.

The end.

I'm confused - are you gay... or just have a gay crotch?

Guess what world there are ******** that own Harleys... and Hondas, and Kawasakis, and Triumphs, etc. etc.

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:25 AM
neighbor_boy
Cruiser

I had this very thing happen to me once. my last Honda was a VTX1300R (2003) I was out riding with nowhere to be just out for a days ride. pulled into a gas station for a drink and a quick break. Guy gets out of his mini-van starts to walk over towards me and says "Hey thats a nice Har....O thats not even a Harley" then turned his nose up and walked away. I just smiled and said thats a nice mini-van....LOL!! IMO.....as long as ur on two wheels thats all that matters.

Just a quick related story......My first street bike was a Honda VLX600. I was out for a ride and pulled up to a stop sign. There were two guys sitting on a porch. I was sitting there for a bit waiting on traffic. One of them yells at me to buy American. I turned to look at them and guess what I saw sitting in their driveway.............Yep....it was a Toyota 4Runner with an HD sticker in the back window.LOL!!!!!! I just continued on my ride.

I now have a 2011 HD RK......I dont look at or treat anyone different than I did before. Like I said before two wheels.

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:30 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Alot of Harley guys ARE a$$holes.

I get the stupid look from them still to this day on my H/D.

They don't know how to be a man, so they think they have to act a certain way to be seen as one. Can't be friendly, can't be nice....gotta try to be hard and tough.

Alot of guys didn't get enough hugs as a kid, and therefore are kinda fk'd up in the head....all kinds of "issues" to work through. Sadly, most never get over it, and pass it on to their kids.

Absent father, no father figure, or were treated badly by the male role model. In short it's a psychological defect. Learn to see it for what it is, and feel sorry for the poor bastards...because they go through life miserable, but never show it.

Men don't cry, etc.....some of the best men I've ever known have cried their guts out when their buddy just got shot and killed in the sand.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 06-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2011 | 11:34 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wrestleantares

Guess what world there are ******** that own Harleys... and Hondas, and Kawasakis, and Triumphs, etc. etc.
What's wrong with being an *******?

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:54 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

[quote=brenn;8421979]Think about it a minute - here you are, trolling a Harley Davidson forum, trying to tell people how your Honda is just as good as their bikes, or better, etc.

Do you think I've ever even looked at a Honda forum, or felt the need to make that comparison? Nope. Do you think anybody here who actually owns a Harley has? Nope. Do you know how many times I have read or even searched google for a Honda forum? ZERO.

You have gone to the trouble of finding and registering on a Harley site, just to try to feel better about riding a Honda. YOU are the proof of the point and you don't even realize it.

That should tell you all you need to know about yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:58 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Not true, sir.

Many on here own more than one bike, and not just Harley.

Some on here have a Goldwing in addition to a Harley.

~Joe

Old 06-07-2011 | 12:53 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Do you think anybody here who actually owns a Harley has? Nope. Do you know how many times I have read or even searched google for a Honda forum? ZERO.
Um, I have. I only have a little iron 883, but I used to ride an 82 yamaha virago. I check out the victory, triumph, and sometimes honda forums simply because I love bikes and one day I will probably own other brands in addition to my harley.

I don't get you guys.

Old 06-07-2011 | 12:59 PM
mikedero
Cruiser

I smell Troll

Quick Reply: Are Harley owners really like this?