The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else from a hotrodding background?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
fast2live
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else from a hotrodding background?

Im pretty new to the bike game but ive been building and racing muscle cars for years. Im almost done with my current 65 mustang fastback project that has been 4 yrs in the making. Im just curious to see who elses love of fast cars led them into the bike scene.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
1320Racer
Novice

I am a Drag Racer, hence the screen name. I have a 70 Chevelle with a 548" Big Block that runs low 10's. I have been doing this for a while.
I always wanted a bike, I just now got around to it. I turned 51 in December. I am riding the wheels off my Harley, I am hopelessly addicted Car is gonna sit for a little while........

Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1320Racer
I am a Drag Racer, hence the screen name. I have a 70 Chevelle with a 548" Big Block that runs low 10's. I have been doing this for a while.
I always wanted a bike, I just now got around to it. I turned 51 in December. I am riding the wheels off my Harley, I am hopelessly addicted Car is gonna sit for a little while........
I know the feeling.......i keep wondering what it would be like to take my sporty down the 1/4.....curious to see what she would run too.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
combat_doc
Cruiser

ive had lots of fast muscle cars 73 pontiac le mans , 68 cougar, 76 camaro, 65 mustang and a corvette to name a few. always wanted a harley and finally got the chance to buy a new one. then i sold all my cars couldnt be happier i still have a silverado but its no muscle car lol

Old 05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was young, did the "muscle" car thing. Think many of us similar in age did. I was into Chevelles for a long time. Went to the local drags often.

During those years, I dabbled with metric bikes but figured it would end badly at that point in my life (drank) so stayed away while all along saying "if I get another motorcyle, it will be a Harley."

Now, I have that Harley and it's been a good ride so far.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been into muscle cars ever since i can remember riding in one uncles 69 road runner and anothers 69 super bee.. i've had my current 67 belvedere since 85(my first one got totaled, not my fault ) both uncles told me when i got married the car would be gone in 6 months.. i said sheeeet, she'll be gone before that car goes.. i did the whole complete build except paint work with the then current technology in how i thought ma mopar should have built it.. i built it for the stree, year round and track.. 340, 727 auto, 3:91 in a 8 3/4 sure grip.. shes been together since 85 and will still rip a low 13 on street tires, stock converter, through the mufflers and on pump gas.. its best time was 13:19 @ 107.9 mph.. it avgs a respectable 13.40...

i tried to put a pic of it up, but for some reason i can't get the IMG tag to work on it.. its in "my album" here.. its the blue 67..

yeah i'm a motor head.. did it make me want a harley.. not really.. the harley picked me.. it was in our showroom calling my name one morning.. some fool trade it in for a ridgeline..

Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
MrMax
Cruiser

I grew up during the age of the muscle car, and always had a car or a project in the works. Fifteen years ago I came to the conclusion I could park 6 bikes in the same space my Elcamino SS took up in the garage. My Vmax is the closest thing to a hot rod now.

Always looking for the next project though...

Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have owned many over the years. 66 Mustang Fastback, 65 El Camino, 66 English Ford, 57 Chevy P/U. I have owned over thirty vehicles in the last thirty years. I can't even remember them all at times. Some I wish I had never gotten rid of. I just bought a 97 Mustang GT convertible to build up which is the newest car I have ever owned. I think I just need something to wrench on at all times.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 AM
BBBSS
Cruiser

See above. ^

It's the former HP Tuners car. Held several records both V6 (was originally a V6 car before converted to V8) and LS1 in 4th gen F-Bodies at one time. I was not the owner of the car at the time of the records being set. I own it now with a different setup.

Current setup it'll dip into the 9's with a stock block/crank/cubes/and ported early casting LS1 heads and a lil nitrous on stock style suspension.

Here's a video of when the car set the "cam only" LS1 record (10.34 at the time, and cutting a 1.37 60 foot in this video. It has cut 1.31 60 foot times).

http://www.dxsoftware.com/misc/Magnus1034.wmv

Last edited by BBBSS; 05-25-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:17 AM
fast2live
Tourer

1.31 60ft time? Thats hookin!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone else from a hotrodding background?