The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgaters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tailgaters!!!

Can nobody drive anymore? Why is it that people feel it is ok to ride right up on you. Are they really in such a hurry to get to work? Really?

I had one up on me and we got to a stop light. She was nearly touching me. I pulled ahead and gave her a little hand down, palm back motion to let her know to back off. Nothing. I gassed it and pulled into the next lane she sped right by me as if nothing as I glared at her and made a wtf motion with my hand.

Now I am behind her and it turns out she works in my building. She pulled into garage...so did I. She turned into employee parking...so did I. She parked on level 3...so did I. She pulls into a space and I decide it ain't worth stopping and go to my space by the elevaors and s-l-o-w-l-y shut down and situate myself, remove jacket, helmet, lock bags, etc...I was waiting for her to come to the elevator so I could firmly but politely inform her of her driving skills.

She never showed up. I don't know how long she stayed in her car, but I was down there for a solid 3-5 minutes waiting. I guess the best words in this case were no words at all. I hope she learned something.

rant off

Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
vtwinhd59
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate people. Sometimes people don't care about anyone but themselves, so self absorbed. Oh well. That would have been funny if you were her boss or something of that nature

Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hope she learned something
She didn't.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM
stonewall308
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtSkiddz
She didn't.

They never do.

People who are self-aware and curtious have learned these things long ago. People who aren't will go their entire lives behaving that way.

I've had a pretty young girl tailgating the crap out of me on my way out of the parking garage. I was coming down from the sixth floor, so I gave her a little while to see if she would back off on her own. She was nearly putting her car up on two wheels to keep up with me around the turns. After a few floors, I slowly stopped, walked over to her car, and politely told her how dangerous her behavior was and that I didn't want to be rearended. She apologized, but probably forgot about it by the end of the day and is still endangering people.

Last edited by stonewall308; 05-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Stanley0910
Intermediate

I had a woman in a suburban riding me today, and I was doing 5 over the speed limit. When she finally passed me she was still in my lane. I guess that since I don't need the whole lane it's fair game. And the comment earlier " self aware and corteous drivers....." is totally spot on. Sadly my wife is like the later and I hate riding with her.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM
deanp1964
Road Master

I hear ya.
they're just SO much more important than we are I guess.
Most of them are women from my experience, which explains the lack of thought or consideration they give the potential consequence of their actions. (or inaction, as the case may be...)

Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I noticed that cars don't tend to tailgate me as much now that I have a BAL that flashes brightly. I give the brake a couple pumps as I notice a stop coming up, and they usually get the message.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 05-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinhd59
I hate people...
The more I know people, the better I like dogs... (wasn't it Mark Twain who said something like that?)

Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

handful of bolts in my left front pocket for a reason. dropped on four cars in the last few months. gets my point across.

i will try to move out of the way, or flash my BAL1 a few times, that doesnt work.... crazy how things are always falling off a halrey as it goes down the road.

all the flamers, "thats dangerous" "you give bikers a bad name" blah blah blah, i dont give a chit!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
I noticed that cars don't tend to tailgate me as much now that I have a BAL that flashes brightly. I give the brake a couple pumps as I notice a stop coming up, and they usually get the message.
Maybe my BAL isn't bright enough or I got a dud. They seem to be attracted to it like moths to a flame.

Quick Reply: Tailgaters!!!