The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgaters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 AM
jerryleon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have noticed tailgaters back off since i got my bal !!!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Krusty; since you seem to be targeted, try the palm down "go away" flip on them. It's amazed me totally just how most people WILL back off, which gets them a peace sign or thumbs up from me for the courtesy.
I really didn't expect it to work that well. Texting is now illegal here in Ga. and I'm mighty glad of it. In accidents, cops now check the cellphones and time.

I've had good success with this too. I have a r-t-b module that flashes my LED running & brake lites 3 times and I'll gibe 'em a flash 1st and that often works well but if they still tail me I wave 'em off and that usually does the trick

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Nabubba
Road Master

Had a senior citizen almost run me over this past Sunday. We were on a 4 lane road with no turn lane and there had been a motorcycle wreck in the middle of the road. Well the road dropped to one lane around a curve. We had just passed a state trooper with his lights on before the curve so everyone is slowing...except senior citizen minivan behind me. Well I see that the left lane has cones up and we have to move to the right lane. I have a car in front of me so I move to the right behind a suv with a very attractive young lady in it (yes got a good view). Anyway move behind her and senior citizen minivan blast past me almost hitting the car that was in front of me in the left lane.

Traffic has stopped due to the fact cars have to move right. Well I move to the left side of the lane so that I am seen by the folks moving to their right. I am right on the bumper of the suv in front of me again sitting still and to be seen. Well before we starting rolling again senior citizen minivan starts pulling over into my lane on top of me. I rev the motor which is not quite at all I did this 5 separate times and chucklehead keeps coming over. By this time all the leos that are at the wreck scene look my way and see what is happening. I pull up next to the hot young lady in the suv and said Sorry to get so close and she says I would too...lol Anyway senior citizen minivan pulls right over on top of both of us. I look at her and she at me and I told her to pull up then I slammed my fist down on the hood of his minivan and and let out the clutch as traffic had cleared in front of us. This final got his attention and all the leos saw what happened and I just rolled on down the road and didn't see him in my mirror again. But I was pissed cause this guy didn't even look over at me sitting there close enough to touch his dang minivan.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Hope you left a nice dent as a reminder. There is a point when people should surrender their license.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
imjabe
Cruiser

Lots of cagers are just inconsiderate and dangerous behing the wheel! When I'm in my Suburban, I give s lane splitters all the room they need and will give them several car lenghts when they are in front of me.....

Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Goliver
Advanced

A kid that works for me rides a dual sport KLR650. He was rear-ended by a cager the other day on a lazy street around my shop. Lady was texting her daughter. Car rode up over rear of bike bent the hell out of the wheel and subframe. Almost knocked the kid over the bars. Got some nasty bruising etc. We found what he needed locally on craigslist for less than $500 and the ladys insurance paid him $2000 figuring that's with dealer replacement parts. The lady didn't even apologize. She blamed the kid for riding to slow. WTF? The deputy sheriff that came to do the report didn't see it that way.

Be careful out there folks!!!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:02 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

A couple years ago, on the 101, a biker did a "brake check" on a tailgating RV. He ended up under the RV, and dead.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
notsoslow
6th Gear

if I can't move over and let them by. I will pass the car in front of me and let them deal with the clown.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Now that I am in my forties, life is getting shorter and instead of the finger or a brake-check, I pull to another lane. My cardiologist wants me to ignore the things that make my blood boil, so I move over and ignore the tailgater. The thing that has helped the most - I don't let my girlfriend drive me anywhere either. (She's a tailgater and I tell her to back off.)

Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good thread.

You guys should come down here to Las Vegas if you wanna see the biggest concentration of tailgating ******** on the planet. It's unreal. And no one, and I mean no one, gives a ****. 10-15 mph over, right on your ***, regardless of what your driving or riding. A brake check or palm down would more than likely get you run over, I'm not joking.