The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgaters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BB's or ball bearings do a good job too.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
By dropping bolts (or whatever) you're leaving crap for some other unsuspecting rider that has nothing to do with your predicament. Talk about thinking about yourself and no one else.
oh watch guy you are so right... what was i thinking... a handful of bolts on the road is really going to make sure a difference to another bike of the road... youre such a moron it ALMOST wasnt worth replying...

Originally Posted by Metal_Horse_Rider
Now how fast do you have to be going in order for it to contact their window?
freeway speed, up and over the left shoulder, makes a direct hit every time... tailgater 0, Biker 1

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Chas44DD
1st Gear

I was following my buddy down I35 in Dallas one Sat. when the Ford SUV wanted a closer look at my bike. After 2 miles she (yes it was a young lady in her 20's ) she was so close I couldn't see her bumper & we are running 70. Finally I gave her the back off wave & supprise surppise she did by about 4 car lengths & stayed there for 5 miles We were riding in the fast lane about 5 over the limit. On side streets I just start slowing down untill they desiced to pass like a bat out of h$%l

Old 05-18-2011, 03:21 PM
interwoven
Cruiser

oh watch guy you are so right... what was i thinking... a handful of bolts on the road is really going to make sure a difference to another bike of the road... youre such a moron it ALMOST wasnt worth replying...
Well the problem I see with this is not actually the danger to other vehicles but the danger to your self when you meet the som a biatch that is crazier than you and decides that handful of bolts on his window is a bit more than he can take and he loses it (and by losing it I mean goes ape s**t crazy and decides to seek revenge) and rams right into you going 70 down the highway or at the next stop light. Best response is pull over and let them by. You don't feel as good but you'll live to ride another day.

Last edited by interwoven; 05-18-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I love my ruger Old Army cap and ball relover
it is not a fire arm but it will scare the hell out
of a tailgate

Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,822 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Tailgaters, people who don't put their blinkers on till 5' before they turn, people who roll thru 4 way stops almost at speed, people who run really orange lights, people who don,t
know how to merge onto a highway, people on the highway who run in the fast lane at about 67 and won't move over, the list of idiotic things happening on our roads is almost endless. Every time I'm on the road, I can just feel my blood pressure go thru the roof! ( Very Scary Out There )

Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You left out my personal pet peave.

People who think they have to come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
duty2
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
handful of bolts in my left front pocket for a reason. dropped on four cars in the last few months. gets my point across.

i will try to move out of the way, or flash my BAL1 a few times, that doesnt work.... crazy how things are always falling off a halrey as it goes down the road.

all the flamers, "thats dangerous" "you give bikers a bad name" blah blah blah, i dont give a chit!
I carry a bunch of marbles in one of my windshield pouches. When i get someone on my tail, I just get a marble and just toss it into the air just enough to clear my head. My arm is in front of me when I do it. Marble's hitting a cars windshield will make them start breaking. Tailgateing is dangerous to me...

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

6gun---very very bad idea.....VERY bad idea.That could lead to some real serious sht.

As for throwing stuff at cars.....theres a thread in off topic concerning a kid deliberating swerving over into a passing biker wrecking him out and causing injury.----it would be different but i think similar if a biker were to throw something at a car for tailgating causing them to wreck out.A car shouldnt wreck and the bike most likely will but you really never know how someone might react to something like that.----That being said,would i do it? I might...If it was a really fk up situation and not just some bad driver.I will slow down/move over/do whatever if i have to but if its someone playing games then they get what they get.I sure wouldnt admit to it though if sht went bad....I dunno officer they were following so close i guess something must of been kicked up off the road ...

Ive heard of a few truck drivers dropping bearings to because of tailgaters.They actually had a special hole inside the cab they could drop sht.---nobody likes tailgaters it seems like everyone would just back off a bit.
In my area people will drive in "dogpacks"---no one for 3 miles ahead or behind yet you will have 5 cars that are running indy 500 style.It is beyond me to understand why.

Last edited by straydog13; 05-18-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Tailgaters hate me. I slow down. I'll hit the brakes if the situation calls for it. If I've got traffic in front of me and there's nowhere to go and someone wants to tailgate, they'll get to slow down. Then we speed up, then we slow down again if they get close. They don't like it or they finally wake up. Slowing down works, speeding up only brings them closer. Slow down. Don't throw stuff, just slow down. Hit your brakes a little but keep going. They'll get the idea. When you have room get over. If traffic is too heavy just keep playing with them. They'll get the idea.

Quick Reply: Tailgaters!!!