The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgaters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Piston71
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
By dropping bolts (or whatever) you're leaving crap for some other unsuspecting rider that has nothing to do with your predicament. Talk about thinking about yourself and no one else.
Not that I've had anything fall from the bike accidently on purpose but I doubt a penny or BB would cause another rider any grief way down the road. You make a good point though, cause/effect

Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Knew a guy who carried around a small squeeze bottle of mustard for those special idiots , watched him spatter a couple windows . Gets their attention right now .

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Metal_Horse_Rider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Knew a guy who carried around a small squeeze bottle of mustard for those special idiots , watched him spatter a couple windows . Gets their attention right now .

Now how fast do you have to be going in order for it to contact their window?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I used to get all worked up about poor drivers & tailgaters, but figured out long ago it's not worth the fight/frustration. Now I pull off & let them speed away...knowing someday they'll get their due.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Route66rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iceman24
I used to get all worked up about poor drivers & tailgaters, but figured out long ago it's not worth the fight/frustration. Now I pull off & let them speed away...knowing someday they'll get their due.
Yep that will work for me also. I am 60+ and would like to make 80 or at least 70. There are too many issues that really do matter for me to quibble over these sort of idiots on the road. Let them have their day knowing you are the real winner.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I know someone that carries a baggie with about 2 oz. of oil in it. If someone is tailgating him, he'll hold the baggie over his shoulder and give it a squeeze until the bag breaks open. The oil sprays behind him with the wind and goes on the windshield of the tailgator. The tailgater definitely slows down once they turn on their wipers to clean the oil off.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:20 AM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
I know someone that carries a baggie with about 2 oz. of oil in it. If someone is tailgating him, he'll hold the baggie over his shoulder and give it a squeeze until the bag breaks open. The oil sprays behind him with the wind and goes on the windshield of the tailgator. The tailgater definitely slows down once they turn on their wipers to clean the oil off.
So ruining his shirt/jacket and getting oil all over the back of his bike is worth pissing off a tailgater?

Before you start arguing that the wind blows it back, do a little research on airflow properties. Way more of that oil is going to end up on his back than on the car following him.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Tailgaters

REMEMBER THE OLD STYLE PIN BALL MACHINES THAT USED STEEL ***** ABOUT THE SIZE OF QUARTERS? I HEARD SOME FOLKS A WHILE BACK TALKING ABOUT THE SIGNAL THEY SENT OUT IF THEY FELL OUT OF THEIR POCKET. THEY ALL AGREED YOU BETTER BE READY TO MOVE ON IN A HURRY.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
REMEMBER THE OLD STYLE PIN BALL MACHINES THAT USED STEEL ***** ABOUT THE SIZE OF QUARTERS? I HEARD SOME FOLKS A WHILE BACK TALKING ABOUT THE SIGNAL THEY SENT OUT IF THEY FELL OUT OF THEIR POCKET. THEY ALL AGREED YOU BETTER BE READY TO MOVE ON IN A HURRY.
Old padlocks you've lost the keys for and 3/4" nuts have have the same effect , not that I would know they can also be thrown at rear or side windows when passing at speed or anything like that .

Quick Reply: Tailgaters!!!