The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attitude Check!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attitude Check!!!

Ok, so you’re cruising along and someone in a cage does something real stupid stuff that just gets the hair on the back of your neck to stand up and blood starts to pump, we’ve all been there. What’s your typical reaction, does it bring out the Hyde in you?

Scenario: let’s say you’re on a two lane highway and the person to your left crosses over in front of you, too close for comfort. Of course they’re on their cell phone and didn’t even bother to signal; basically they act like you don’t even exist. So now you both hit the next stop and the clown is stopped dead in front of you. Now you’re thinking, lucky me is this my opportunity? Do you simply suck it up or do you say something or even throw a few gestures their way. I could come up with plenty of examples but I think you get the point.

Once I was on a 2 lane highway, I’m in the passing lane and this A-Hole kept riding my tail. I couldn’t get over (trucks to the right) and I was already going fast enough. I taped my brake light a few times to let the person know, didn’t do any good. This went on for a few miles and finally we hit the stop light, person is right behind me. So now I get off my bike and walk back, just to give them an ear full. So they got scared and rolled up their window. I jumped back on my bike because there was traffic behind us and I didn’t want to hold everyone up. Of course when the light changed I got over and they passed and flipped me off. I thought about it after words and felt like it was a stupid thing to do. At the time I didn’t give a rats a$$, I was pissed!

BL, Cage drivers in Vegas just suck, not sure about your town…

Last edited by MADHOG; 05-13-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

In a car or a bike, if I'm in the fast lane and someone wants to go faster, I get out of their way. Hard to believe you couldn't get over for several miles. Maybe you felt like you own the fast lane. Confronting a car vs bike you lose. I don't flip people off, since a bus driver who I believed carried, didn't take it too well and threatened to blow my head off. So I usuallly count my blessings and concentrate on avoiding the next idiot.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:39 AM
kountry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a lady cut me off in her sub a few days ago. I give her the bird the next thing I know that cow is chasing me all over the freeway. Then she catches up looking over yelling and flipping me off. Then looks up and slams her brakes she almost plowed the back of another car. I was wishing Boone was in that car and the lady plowed it and went threw her windshield.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

You flip someone off in South Phoenix you get shot.

I must be getting older, I just blow it off. It won't do any good and there is another idiot just down the road ready to pull some other bonehead stunt.

Don't ride angry.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by RT750
In a car or a bike, if I'm in the fast lane and someone wants to go faster, I get out of their way. Hard to believe you couldn't get over for several miles. Maybe you felt like you own the fast lane. Confronting a car vs bike you lose. I don't flip people off, since a bus driver who I believed carried, didn't take it too well and threatened to blow my head off. So I usuallly count my blessings and concentrate on avoiding the next idiot.
I was trying to avoid getting into specifics but here you go…

First; I said a few miles and not several, second; there was a string of tractor trailers to my right (as previously stated) and cars in front so I couldn’t go to the right, third; I don’t typically stay to the left if I can help it (no I’m not one of those who thinks they own the passing lane). There you go so Believe It and try not to miss the point here!

Last edited by MADHOG; 05-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 AM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by doghair
I must be getting older, I just blow it off. It won't do any good and there is another idiot just down the road ready to pull some other bonehead stunt.

Don't ride angry.
I am the same way as above. I look at it as God has allowed me to ride another day and thank him for keeping me safe.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Depends on when in your life and your age at the time doesn't it ? Back in the 70's & 80's it could have and did get stupid a few times to the point of pulling one ******* out through his now shattered window at a stoplight and tuning him up . Fast forward 20 yrs , I change lanes get a handful and leave the ******* with ruptured eardrums wondering what just happened . Less drama , no elevated blood pressure and out of harms way .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 05-13-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 AM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Depends on when in your life and your age at the time doesn't it ? Back in the 70's & 80's it could have and did get stupid a few times to the point of pulling one ******* out through his now shattered window at a stop at a stop light and tuning him up . Fast forward 20 yrs , I change lanes get a handful and leave the ******* with ruptured eardrums wondering what just happened . Less drama , no elevated blood pressure and out of harms way .
Dude your Avatar is cracking me up

Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MADHOG
Dude your Avatar is cracking me up

wait till you start seeing it in your sleep

Old 05-13-2011, 12:52 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member