The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attitude Check!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you just ride through South Carolina? We have to deal with the same stuff mile after mile anywhere we ride. I learned to deal with it the best I can. Always got my guard up. It dont matter if Im on my bike or in my cage. It happens ALL the time here.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Madhog; Most of us have the same feelings (woulda, coulda, shoulda) & unfortunately we have way too many scary situations crop-up, similar to yours, while riding. My 1st thoughts are to go into "road-rage" mode & race them down, but then reality kicks in & I think it's good to survive another "caged idiot" and shake it off. Life's too short & there are too many ignorant cager's on the road to confront them all. It takes is one "extreme" driver w/license to carry to make a bad decision & ruin your life so breathe deep, throttle up & ride away...let your pipes do the talking!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:04 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Years back while hammering up I5 in San Diego, some dick wad was tale gating me in the fast lane, I moved over to the #3 lane and as he went by he swerved into my lane real close. I pulled out and started following him, he'd accelerated and started switching from lane to lane hitting speeds up to maybe 90. In National City he exited off the freeway, when he got stopped by a red lite, I just walked up on his driver side window, which was how rolled up, I stood there, reached over and broke off his antenna.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Psyco66
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.....do you guys ask mommy for permission to go riding??? I guess there aren't many REAL bikers on here. What happened to the stereo-type, where all who ride Harleys are bad, mean and nasty people. You must stand up for yourself or quit b!tch!n. You have to sometimes educated cagers. If your scared then run away but remember you back a dog into a corner enough times and your gonna get bit.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Psyco66
Wow.....do you guys ask mommy for permission to go riding???
Hell no!
I sneak out the window when she goes to bed.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

And in the battle between cagers and us, we have the knife.

Sad but true. In my own self interest, I treat all cagers as if they are the best and most courteous drivers in the world!!!
Cages always have the right of way in my book.

That's the way I ride, and it's kept me accident free for over 30 years now.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 AM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

A couple steel ball bearings tossed over the shoulder should back them off quick. I have had a few issues with semi trucks riding my *** out here in the sticks but I just twist the throttle and get away from them.
Biggest issue I have with tail gatters out here are the cops. They get on your *** so that they can radar the oncoming traffic. Which is dangerous cause they are watching the oncoming traffic and radar and not you.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Psyco66
1st Gear

Here try this......have your wife/girlfriend go to walmart and pick up some hair extensions and before she leaves get some temp. tattoos out of the bubblegum machine (real scary ones). While she is doing that you get on the internet and order a helmet with a ponytail sowed in it and some real scary patches for your vest/jacket.
Now glue the hair extension where your beard would grow, make yourself two sleaves with the tattoos (make sure you put one on your neck), sow the patches on your vest. Put your new helmet w/ponytail on and look in the mirror.........Would you mess with someone that looks like that.......HE!! NO......

Old 05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

And in the battle between cagers and us, we have the knife.

Sad but true. In my own self interest, I treat all cagers as if they are the best and most courteous drivers in the world!!!
Cages always have the right of way in my book.

That's the way I ride, and it's kept me accident free for over 30 years now.
On the highway your very right , around town stop lights can be a **** if the cage jockey has is been a big enough dick . Stopped in traffic we are all equal .

Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 AM
who?me?
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RT750
So I usuallly count my blessings and concentrate on avoiding the next idiot.
Oh yea, my thoughts exactly. Cause them idiots travel in packs.

Quick Reply: Attitude Check!!!