The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attitude Check!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 PM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually do my best to stay safe...however when someone is really stupid and their actions threaten my life on the bike, after avoiding the danger I will pull along side of them and slightly ahead and give them the finger. Not the middle finger but the first finger pointing at them so they know I am there and they need to be aware of my space. Most have backed or slinked off after this gesture. Working for me so far. Hope it still will each time.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:34 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually when they're tailgating they don't even realize it. I have reminded them by just looking back over my shoulder at them one good time, and usually they back off about five car lengths. One lady even pulled up next to me at a redlight after that scenario and apologized profusely. I was very polite to her.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Tailgate me and you get to go slower. If I can get over I do. But if not or if there is already traffic in front of me so there is nowhere to go then I'll slow down if you get on my tail. Don't like it and get closer? I go slower, then nail it, then slow again if needed. They get tired of the game pretty quick and back off. I think most don't even realize they're doing it until you make them aware.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 PM
murd
Road Warrior

I stay very calm. I usually protect my safety to the best of my ability and just continue on giving my head a shake. But when I encounter a moron cager that pisses me off I'll get close and give them my "stare." It's nothing more than a very serious look, but it comes in quite handy as they usually don't know what I might do next. Can't see my eyes and they usually try to gesture an apology. I silently move away.
Failing that, I'd drag his azz out of the car and do what TwiZted's avitar is doing.. ha ha

Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MADHOG

BL, Cage drivers in Vegas just suck, not sure about your town…
I've rode in vegas couple times i agree on the sucking part they will run you over just cuz

Old 05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by murd
I stay very calm. I usually protect my safety to the best of my ability and just continue on giving my head a shake. But when I encounter a moron cager that pisses me off I'll get close and give them my "stare." It's nothing more than a very serious look, but it comes in quite handy as they usually don't know what I might do next. Can't see my eyes and they usually try to gesture an apology. I silently move away.
Failing that, I'd drag his azz out of the car and do what TwiZted's avitar is doing.. ha ha

Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
murd
Road Warrior

Poor Beabs

Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Camaro riding my azz on a country road closer than I've ever been ridden. I juiced it to get space between us and the next time I looked in my mirror...he was even closer on an old country road. I pulled to the shoulder and gave him the finger. He locked them up. I had my OL on the back and didn't want to put her in danger. I made a u-turn and left.

I thought about staying and destroying my helmet on him but I am a CCL carrier and TX holds us above the normal person...closer to LEO status...so best that I left. I should have never given the finger in the first place but dang...he was nearly touching my back fender....twice.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

I guess I am the only one that felt it was funny that the cager got scared and rolled up his window when the OP walked back to him, but as soon as he was able to drive off he shot him the finger. So damn typical, when in danger scared , but when in no danger, tuff macho guy.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

there was a story posted here awhile back about someone getting off his bike and yelling at a woman in a car(never touching the woman) and she got scared and pulled a gun and blew his a$$ away.----I dont think charges were even filed but im not sure about that.If not i find that odd, but either way the yelling biker is dead.
Its best to keep your fingers to yourself and not get off your bike for stuff like this.Keep riding and stay calm.You will go crazy if you respond to every person who slights you either on purpose or by accident.----Sometimes i lose it to and i have had my moments but this is what i try for.

Quick Reply: Attitude Check!!!