The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veiled threat to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Veiled threat to my bike

So, this douchebag who lives in my apartment complex somehow got it into his head that I dented his car door.

Never mind that I didn't, he is convinced I did.

He made a comment that I better pay him for the repair, and when I told him since I didn't dent his car, I won't be paying for it, he made a comment along the lines of "look, I thought of kicking your bike over, but I didn't, because I thought you would do the right thing and pay for the repair."

Um, excuse me?

Turns out that a few people in the complex have complained about him, and the cops have been called because of a domestic disturbance in his apartment at least once this year.

So, I filed a report with the police, who naturally can do nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? I don't really think I can do anything about this without escalating the situation and possibly ending up in jail myself.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Blanket party....... involves friends (or neighbors)and stairs!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
EvilWayz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind going to jail, kick his ***. If you do, get the cops/lawyers involved.

If you really don't have anything important to do for the next 18 months, shoot him in the chest with a less than lethal shotgun round.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy

So, I filed a report with the police, who naturally can do nothing.
really ???

Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

yup, really. Nobody was there when he said it, and the best they can do is record my complaint so that if something happens to my bike, then can find him and say "did you kick over this guy's bike" and then he can say no.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by EvilWayz
If you don't mind going to jail, kick his ***. If you do, get the cops/lawyers involved.

If you really don't have anything important to do for the next 18 months, shoot him in the chest with a less than lethal shotgun round.
ROFLMAO. I was thinking about a knock on the door and a quick punch out but I like your idea better. $hit I gotta quit laughing. I can see it now.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually, someone suggested using the voice recorder on my iphone next time he confronts me. Sure, that probably won't amount to anything legally, but whatever.

This guy's just a bully and he's mad that I am not caving in to his demands for payment for a dent I didn't cause. I'll let you know how this plays out.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your bike parked where a camera would catch him in the act?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If it is at all possible pack your bike where you can see it from one of your windows. Go down to radio shack and buy a cheap camera and a recording device, you can get some that will record onto your computer hard drive. It should only cost you a couple of hundred bucks and will be worth it if some does damage your bike.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
EvilWayz
Tourer

Originally Posted by hardwork2
ROFLMAO. I was thinking about a knock on the door and a quick punch out but I like your idea better. $hit I gotta quit laughing. I can see it now.
You only get probation the first time you do this. The state of Florida takes a dim view to this sort of activity and charges you with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Quick Reply: Veiled threat to my bike