The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veiled threat to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:14 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I filed a report with the police, who naturally can do nothing.

And you cutoff your own ability to handle this situation cuz YOU called the man......

Now if you retaliate the PO PO KNOWS who did it...Next time let it roll off your shoulders be calm and polite and NEVER EVER NEVER call the man and file a report. Then you can kick his **** while noone is available to witness it.

As far as the current you cant do anything situation you have created. Heres what I would really do. Ask him why he thinks that you dented his car and tell him that you have respect for others property and would have told him if you did it. However since you did not do it you cant help him and that YOU will keep an eye out for his property and ask him to do the same for you. It sounds like you are in an apartment complex and the truth of the matter is DENTS do happen.

I moved from my apartment after I found 2 dents in my new truck. I caught people standing beer bottles on my hood, skateboards leaned on my doors, people leaning on MY new truck and the straw that broke the camels back a Lawn Care guy lets call him "Lopez" dented my truck while I was sitting in it warming it up with a backpack engine on his leaf blower. I BLEW A GASKET!! I snagged him up and drug him to the nearest white guy and told them what happened. I got paid 1200 bux for the dent he did. Then I moved.......Some people dont belong in apartments and I would venture to say that you are one of them. Mucho happy now that I live in a house with a attatched garage. I am not the kind of guy who handles these things well and I know that.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a photo of him and post it here. Would like to see what this bully looks like. Let him know that you took his picture. Now it's his move. Lets see if he'll put his hands were his mounth is.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:37 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Yeah, its not hard to figure out who's who around here ....
You gotta admit, though, about 90% are new wave, while some old-timers still remember the golden age. I came into it in 1980 and enjoyed probably the last decade of fun. It all turned to **** in the 90s. The people that looked down their nose at greasy, long haired bikers are now a big part of the scene.
I still have fond memories of red lights and live shows on 42nd, bouncing a rigid Sporty on BQE and Jim Rose Circus Show in Coney Island.
I'm also a transplant to Sunshine and split my free time between SoCal and Treasure Island. About 70mi west of Bakeland. Right on the beach.
Your south of me I'm just out of Oakland in the east bay and I'm an old east coast boy from the 60's been doing bikes since 72 and biker since mid 70's and ya I miss the golden years before a good line of credit was all it took for everyone and his dentist come play . Some things just didn't happen then because idiots knew it was going to hurt .

Old 04-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm old school too and believe in one-on-one meetings with nobody else around. I find that if you just intimidate people, most of them go away. There are a lot of pussies in the world these days.

Catch him alone and YOU let him know what the rules are. Don't let him dictate the situation or he has the upper hand. Talk calmly but VERY firmly and let him know in very clear language what the consequences will be if anything happens to your bike.

Remember one thing here...... most guys that beat on their wives/girlfriends are candy asses and couldn't beat up their own shadow.

You MUST be willing to back up your words if he continues to be a dick.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 AM
notnutts
Advanced

You got two options: do the camera thing and hope for the best is the passive, easy and most legal way.

More fun and more effective: put your pistol in your belt where he can see it, look him in the eyes, and tell him "I didn't dent your car, and if you mess with my bike, you'll regret it". If the cops can't help you with his threat...

Old 04-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

so what is the verdict? Has it been resolved?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,296 Likes on 3,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
so what is the verdict? Has it been resolved?
I think not.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Garandman
Tourer

Originally Posted by notnutts
You got two options: do the camera thing and hope for the best is the passive, easy and most legal way.

More fun and more effective: put your pistol in your belt where he can see it, look him in the eyes, and tell him "I didn't dent your car, and if you mess with my bike, you'll regret it". If the cops can't help you with his threat...
He's in CAN isn't he? That would just put him in a ringer for brandishing.

We had a problem neighbor and he turned out to be more scared of video cameras than anything else.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
I take it from your post that you do not present a very intimidating figure. If you did, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
I have found that when people find you intimidating, they will generally give you a lot of space, and go out of their way to avoid a situation like this.
Just an observation.......
That's what I was thinking. I can't remember the last time anyone gave me any sh*t, especially strangers.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,432 Likes on 2,203 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
dude sounds like a douchebag bully, go over to his place bust him in the chops and then bend his woman over the kitchen table and show her what a real man is. when your done he likely wont even look towards your scoot let alone knock it over

LMAO!.....you tell'em NSC.....Best answer yet..........

Quick Reply: Veiled threat to my bike