The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veiled threat to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

I take it from your post that you do not present a very intimidating figure. If you did, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
I have found that when people find you intimidating, they will generally give you a lot of space, and go out of their way to avoid a situation like this.
Just an observation.......

Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd go to the guy and tell him we need to talk, and then look him in the eye and tell him "I’m sorry your car got messed up but I did not have anything to do with it" and keep looking him in the eye so he'll know you're telling the truth. Then tell him if you hear of anything about it you'll let him know.

I usually know when someone's telling the truth - hopefully he can too.
This.

Sometimes I leave a note that says "Please don't touch the bike - the alarm wakes up the baby.'

No one wants to wake the baby....

Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd go to the guy and tell him we need to talk, and then look him in the eye and tell him "I’m sorry your car got messed up but I did not have anything to do with it" and keep looking him in the eye so he'll know you're telling the truth. Then tell him if you hear of anything about it you'll let him know.

I usually know when someone's telling the truth - hopefully he can too.
Bro I'd say your right for 90% of these kinda deals but from the sounds of it this guy is used to playing the hard act and getting his way , talk is just going to spur him on to other things . The OP is at a crossroads here and not a good one . Getting all the neighbors involved by a personal visit and laying out the story can a two edged thing also but it is in the OP's best interest to try it , down side is the ones that want no part of now see him as troublemaker or busybody .

I feel for you man , I come from a more direct way of handling things background ( serious old school ) so my reactions may not fit your lifestyle . What I would do is take a man pill knock his door and lay the situation out as follows ; you have been threatened by him , your property has been threatened by him , your neighbors and the police have been notified of this and it's on record , you had nothing to do with his car and if anything goes down with the bike all hell is going to break loose . Don't say anything more and walk off .
Bad neighbor complaint to the property manager of the complex wouldn't hurt either for the record .

All else fails blanket party .

Like gs43doc says try and look like the 800lbs gorilla with a toothache it does work wonders for the leave me alone thing .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 04-27-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk isn't gonna work with this knucklehead. Believe me, you don't want the hassle of the law, or the courts, or worse yet, his hospital bills, fines, time in lockup, possible lost job, etc. I've lived in apartments, and if I lived in one now I would get one of these and put it in my window. http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterproof-Night...item4156608dcb I would definately have one. It'll help prove your case if he's anywhere near your bike when it somehow falls over. I'm looking at getting one for the house soon.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,820 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Hey cameraboy,Try buying a house with a garage, a lot of great deals on foreclosures these days due to the economy. And hey what's with calling everyone a douchebag!! Didn't your mamma ever tell you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all

Last edited by Bricklayer; 04-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

am i the only one who would go take my 10lb sledge hammer to his door and then tell him " there...now i dented your door...heres my insurance papers."

or just back my superduty into it...LOL

Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,649 Likes on 2,536 Posts

[quote=EvilWayz;8247722]You only get probation the first time you do this. The state of Florida takes a dim view to this sort of activity and charges you with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.[/quot

I KNEW IT!! I swear to God I KNEW YOU LIVED IN FLORIDA!! Only Florida has these kind of stupid, confrontational buttholes. Lemme guess--guy has a crewcut, wears knee shorts, tribal tatoos, & prolly a pitbull, right? Drives either a Mustang, Camaro, or hoopty. Names prolly Sean, Ryan, or Brandon. Lives with a hot babe named Ashley or Amber. God knows what the young chicks today see in these douchebags. Man, I hate the young males in this state. Very confrontational, but basically puss out ESPECIALLY if you are a Yankee. Most young males up north are NOT like this, unless they are ghetto.

Unfortunately, these aint the old days I miss, where you could duke somebody out when they pissed you off, & go about your business. In Florida, you get arrested for looking at someone the wrong way. Ask me how I know!

Last edited by dickey; 04-28-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,649 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Ya'll know damn well there won't be any fighting ....
OP's first reaction was to call 5-0
2nd, was to come on here looking for advice.
since he came here, I assume, he doesn't have any buddies that will have his back in a tight spot or he'd be asking them.
welcome to the age of a "kindler", "gentler" harley rider.
Oh, not here,man. I'm an old school pissed off,nasty MF & getting more pissed off the older I get. It's only my fear of legal retribution & certain cardiac issues that has kept me from doing an ol' fashioned tune-up on a lot of people over the years. (ESPECIALLY in Florida, which is *******-central!) OK--I lied. It's mostly the Cardiac issues (I go into A-Fib when I get pissed off)

Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Oh, not here,man. I'm an old school pissed off,nasty MF & getting more pissed off the older I get. It's only my fear of legal retribution & certain cardiac issues that has kept me from doing an ol' fashioned tune-up on a lot of people over the years. (ESPECIALLY in Florida, which is *******-central!) OK--I lied. It's mostly the Cardiac issues (I go into A-Fib when I get pissed off)
Yeah, its not hard to figure out who's who around here ....
You gotta admit, though, about 90% are new wave, while some old-timers still remember the golden age. I came into it in 1980 and enjoyed probably the last decade of fun. It all turned to **** in the 90s. The people that looked down their nose at greasy, long haired bikers are now a big part of the scene.
I still have fond memories of red lights and live shows on 42nd, bouncing a rigid Sporty on BQE and Jim Rose Circus Show in Coney Island.
I'm also a transplant to Sunshine and split my free time between SoCal and Treasure Island. About 70mi west of Bakeland. Right on the beach.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude sounds like a douchebag bully, go over to his place bust him in the chops and then bend his woman over the kitchen table and show her what a real man is. when your done he likely wont even look towards your scoot let alone knock it over

Quick Reply: Veiled threat to my bike