The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veiled threat to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Id have him to know without a doubt that if my bike was kicked over or damaged in any way, the dent in his car would be the least of his worry's, that you would be the last M'fer he should be F'ing with in that building.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Id have him to know without a doubt that if my bike was kicked over or damaged in any way, the dent in his car would be the least of his worry's, that you would be the last M'fer he should be F'ing with in that building.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 PM
drbald1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my experience, if you ARE that guy (the one nobody should be screwing around with), you don't have to talk about it...online or off.

People know.

The truly dangerous people I know never talk about what they did or didn't do. They just...did them.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drbald1
In my experience, if you ARE that guy (the one nobody should be screwing around with), you don't have to talk about it...online or off.

People know.

The truly dangerous people I know never talk about what they did or didn't do. They just...did them.

And i have seen some little guys who was the last person you felt threatened by, beat the living snot out of guys you would swear would just kill the little guy. never let looks or size decieve. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and take care of business win or loose, even if you loose you can gain much respect, just hit hard and hit fast and make your point either way. Then bail out and pay the fine and go about your business.

Last edited by Jeff W; 05-04-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Ben E
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do nothing and live with the anxiety. If your bike is hurt hurt him worse.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
SOFME
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess those statistics didn't last very long for ya
Wonder if your locking your door nowadays???

Originally Posted by cameraboy

I take a bit of issue with that. I'm well aware that there's a lot of violence and "evil" in the world, but statistically the chances of me, because of who I am and where I go and who I associate with, my chances are extremely low of being a victim. If you watch certain news programs I can see how your view of the world would be different.
Quote:
In most of the small towns near where I live it is not safe to walk down the street after dark.
You need to move then. YOu should have spent whatever you spent on your harley and any mods on a down payment on a new house.

Idk where you folks live, but I don't even lock my doors when I'm not home. Guess I'm just one of the lucky few. But it's colored my view of the need to carry a gun with me all the time.

Quote:
Camerboy, if things went bad on the way to your "high tea" at the Ritz
Sorry, I just live in a suburban town outside of a small city. Our murder rate in the city is very high, but I am extremely unlikely to ever be involved in any type of violent crime.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not at all. Nothing's been done to my bike, nobody assaulted me or robbed me. I wasn't the victim of any kind of violent crime.

A punk kid tried to put one over on me, I went through proper channels, stood up to him, and it's over.

There is no way I would have wanted to bring a gun or any other weapon into this.

And I actually do have a gun, and I thought of bringing it out of my closet (at the house where my wife still lives and I've temporarily moved out if) and bringing it to my apartment. But I decided not to. Because bringing a weapon into this, over a ding on a car door, would be insane and I didn't see any good coming out of it, only a whole lot of potential bad.

I"m curious as to why you think having a gun on me was going to make things turn out any better than they have.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy
So, this douchebag who lives in my apartment complex somehow got it into his head that I dented his car door.

Never mind that I didn't, he is convinced I did.

He made a comment that I better pay him for the repair, and when I told him since I didn't dent his car, I won't be paying for it, he made a comment along the lines of "look, I thought of kicking your bike over, but I didn't, because I thought you would do the right thing and pay for the repair."

Um, excuse me?

Turns out that a few people in the complex have complained about him, and the cops have been called because of a domestic disturbance in his apartment at least once this year.

So, I filed a report with the police, who naturally can do nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? I don't really think I can do anything about this without escalating the situation and possibly ending up in jail myself.

I got some advice for ya cupcake, don't let your alligator mouth write checks your candyass can't cash.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,649 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Yeah, its not hard to figure out who's who around here ....
You gotta admit, though, about 90% are new wave, while some old-timers still remember the golden age. I came into it in 1980 and enjoyed probably the last decade of fun. It all turned to **** in the 90s. The people that looked down their nose at greasy, long haired bikers are now a big part of the scene.
I still have fond memories of red lights and live shows on 42nd, bouncing a rigid Sporty on BQE and Jim Rose Circus Show in Coney Island.
I'm also a transplant to Sunshine and split my free time between SoCal and Treasure Island. About 70mi west of Bakeland. Right on the beach.
I miss those days--Hangin' at the Cyclone, or Nathans, Randazzo's, the Big Bow Wow & Pizza City on Cross Bay. You ain't ridden AT ALL till you've done the BQE or Cross Bronx on a sled;let alone a RIGID! Makes "Ride Like a Pro" a trip to Disneyland compared to cutting your riding teeth on those roads!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,649 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Well, I've heard all kinds of advice on this post;most of which have their merits. But, for the future,keep this in mind. It seems that you might've been a little intimidated by his size, because I can guarantee you if you were built like Hulk Hogan, all it would've taken was for you to speak very softly & gently to him ONE TIME, and that would've ended it. But know this--most young males today, even though they seem physically larger than kids of our generation (I'm 57)are all mouth, but Are fat schlubs with no muscle tone whatsoever and cannot fight for anything,prolly 'cause they spend their entire lives playing video games or texting. Nor do they have the stomach for physical confrontation,because they know they can't fight, and I may be smaller than them but I got 57 years of anger on my side that will do the work for me. I have backed down several people over the years without escalating into anything physical 'cause these young punks knew I could and WOULD cash the check. Attitude is more important than size. And, growin' up on the streets of NYC helped in the attitude department,too.

Last edited by dickey; 05-06-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Veiled threat to my bike