The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veiled threat to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Not trying to be a "keyboard commando". Just make sure you are OFF camera and take care of business. Done!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

What's your favorite part of Jail?

Originally Posted by Good Time Gang
yep, put your legs between your tail and run. being a bully and threatening people is really something we want this ******* to feel he can do. since you have already involved the cops, mace and beat his *** then call the cops. tell them he attacked you.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,847 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by SodFather
Well Im no keyboard tough guy...but personally I think him/you messing with each others car/bikes is complete chicken ****. Besides are'nt chicks the ones who *** up cars when mad?
Why no...not at all.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, here's how it ended up going down:

I met a cop in the parking lot before going in to meet this guy to watch his video "evidence." The cop already knew who he was and had pulled him over THAT MORNING for... get this... NO INSPECTION OR INSURANCE.

HAHAHA!!!

SUCKER!

So, anyway, we go inside and watch this video, which shows absolutely nothing except me exiting my truck. You can't even see the side of his car. The guy told the cops that he wanted me arrested for "doing a hit and run" and the cops told him that even if I did do it, there isn't enough damage to warrant that, and since I called them, there is no "run" part in "hit and run" that applies here.

Then we went outside. The kid started getting aggressive and mouthy, and another cop showed up. They examined my truck, and his car, and concluded that there is no way my truck made the dent.

Then I got the kid to admit that he made threats to my bike, the cops had some words with him. I told the kid, in front of the cops, that I'm sorry his car was dented, and I"m sorry he thinks I did it, but I didn't do it and I hope that this can end now. Then I went inside and went to bed.
The cops stayed outside talking to him for a little while after that.

We'll see if anything else happens.

But the way I see it, it ended well.

There really is nothing more I can do at this point and I feel pretty good about it.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody got tasered?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Not yet....

Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

bloodying his nose would have satisfied me more.

all's well that ends well, i guess.

what you can't take for granted though is this guy's stupidity. now that you've pretty much embarrassed him, put him on police radar, and made it so that he didn't get what he wanted, i say your bike is more at risk now than it was before.

of course the cops will lock his *** up if that happens, but you're still lookin at your bike laying on its side.

just keep your eye out man, hope this is the end of it for ya

Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 214 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Ya'll know damn well there won't be any fighting ....
OP's first reaction was to call 5-0
2nd, was to come on here looking for advice.
since he came here, I assume, he doesn't have any buddies that will have his back in a tight spot or he'd be asking them.
welcome to the age of a "kindler", "gentler" harley rider.
And somehow that is a bad thing? In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of guys sitting in jail right now for things they didn't do. They get out, no bike, no job, no future. That, imo, sucks.

Back in the days when you settles something mano a mano, it ended there. Then everyone escalated to the point where there were bombs going off and stuff. And more people sitting in jail for things that they didn't do, cause somebody needs to take the blame.

Me, I've always been a kind and gentle person. Mean People Suck. So, he took it to the cops. He's telling them who the aggressor is. First right thing he did. Secondly, he's asking for some good advice. Violence is a last resport, not a first option.

First thing I'd see about that is that it is a threat to my very person, if someone tampers with my bike. That can have catastrophic consequences for me, and for my passenger. If I get hurt, maimed or killed because of a stunt like that, I'd want other people to know. I'd also want them to know I tried to do the right thing, and it didn't work.

I don't think it's right that someone could threaten me like that, and I am the one who has to look at the consequences of it all. I wish I could say how I'd react to it all, but it probably wouldn't be good. Not because I am some kind of billy bad *** biker, but because I had no choice but to defend myself, and my free choices. The OP already told you he didn't do anything to instigate this.

Yeah, I am kinder and gentler. But right now, I am hopping mad. I agree with the OP. You did the right thing.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
bloodying his nose would have satisfied me more.

all's well that ends well, i guess.

what you can't take for granted though is this guy's stupidity. now that you've pretty much embarrassed him, put him on police radar, and made it so that he didn't get what he wanted, i say your bike is more at risk now than it was before.

of course the cops will lock his *** up if that happens, but you're still lookin at your bike laying on its side.

just keep your eye out man, hope this is the end of it for ya
agree 100%
what happens if this tool holds a grudge and a year from now he comes across your path in a car while you're on the bike ?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

yes, you are right. But there isn't really anything I can do about that, save keep a watch out.

The last thing I need is the headache of being arrested for fighting. I'm a grown up, not a college student. And honestly, if he came to me a week ago and said "man, I'm sorry to have to talk to you, but I think you dented my car the other night by mistake" I probably would have looked at the dent and figured I might have done it without realizing it, and just had my insurance pay for it.

But no, he had to play badass and make threats and come at me all aggressive, so he ended up with nothing and now the police had to be involved.

I think things would have ended badly for everyone if I felt I had to play badass biker.

BUT, we'll see if anything further develops. I think that what makes you a man is taking care of your children. Not fighting dumbasses who have a chip on their shoulder.

Quick Reply: Veiled threat to my bike