The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011 | 05:10 PM
Roosterboots
|
"Utopian Overlord"

Roo cain't count good.

Old 04-25-2011 | 05:10 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

I feel dumber than I did when I started following this thread.

Old 04-25-2011 | 05:32 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
I feel dumber than I did when I started following this thread.

Hook, line and sinker

Old 04-25-2011 | 11:22 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

What?

Old 04-26-2011 | 09:24 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member

I would have rather seen you grab the flag pole and go braveheart on his a$$.
Myself ,i would have of probably immediatly had a small confrontation with the guy,being polite first...escalating at his choice....preferably not because it is a funeral and i would absolutely keep that in mind.Respect that you didnt though as that is the best way considering where you were at and the task at hand.Shouldnt have apologized to the guys unless you really felt you screwed up though.Its phony if you didnt mean it.If this guy acts like that ive no doubt every one who knows him realizes he is an a$$ to.

Old 04-26-2011 | 11:51 AM
creepster
Advanced

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
Not all outlaws are 1% - correct. But all Outlaws are 1%. You may or may not have picked up on this. You would capitalize a name of something, ex: "Outlaws" - referring to Outlaws MC. "outlaws" refers to many "rebels or nonconformists" (see previous posts).

If I said "The Outlaws roll in numbers" - you could assume I mean the Outlaws MC.

If I said "The outlaws carry guns" - has nothing to do with the MC.

Here's a real life example. I have a sticker on my helmet that reads "When guns are outlawed, I'll become an outlaw" - Does this mean I'll join the Outlaw MC? No, because they wouldn't accept a guy like me. My ties with 81 could get me hurt.

The whole point of this was to show Roo that the other guy may not have been speaking specifically about the Outlaw MC and could have used "outlaw" as a general term for 1%ers vice listing, HA, Warlocks, etc, etc.
OK, you may have been having some fun playing with the difference between Outlaws and outlaws, but my point remains that there ARE outlaws that are not 1%.

Old 04-26-2011 | 08:23 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

My fukn head's spinning. The only real 'outlaws' are the one's we elected.

Just sayin.

Old 04-26-2011 | 09:20 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Roo, you definitely made me smile with this one. Thanks for the PGR service ride, but next time, just hang in the rear where you're comfortable.

Old 04-30-2011 | 02:19 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
We ARE still in the BS Section. Consider that some of the advice I have been given would have gotten me arrested at a veteran's funeral...yup, BS! Then this PGR event was compared to a single group of 500 outlaw bikers out to have a little fun...BS again! And now this! A suggestion that Th' Roo hisself, Overlord of the Utopian Society of Bikers, change my name from "RoosterBoots" to "DumbRoosterBoots"...well, suh, it sounded just too good to pass up. I tried it for awhile, with mixed results:

1. The wife liked it
2. I had to change my short name from "Roo" to "Du" (pronounced DUH). Once again, the wife approved.
3. The new name tag is too long. It sticks in my armpit.
4. The uninitiated who have routinely called me "RB" and ultimately "Mr. Boots" will be confused by the initials DRB. It is easy to see that more than a few of my followers will call me Dr. Boots. Innocence of the crime is no excuse in the USOB, so I would be subject to repeated arrest for impersonating a podiatrist, forcing me to pardon myself repeatedly. The arrest paperwork is only five pages long, whereas a full pardon frequently runs fifty pages or more (not including the official pardon certificate, suitable for framing).

I'm sorry. I feel a responsibility to the trees. Thanks for recommending a new name, but I'm afraid that it's a "no". Don't feel bad. It wasn't you. It was me.

Roo!

Good one Roo. lol

-

Old 04-30-2011 | 04:24 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
I don't know what the Chuck Norris Guide to Manly Etiquette says, but at the risk of looking like a complete idiot I'm going to be a ratfink. Some of you may think I'm being a girlyman for airing out an embarrassing episode. Others will berate me for not punching out the man right there in the middle of the funeral.

It was a PGR event, a funeral in Louisville, Mississippi, heavily attended by the American Legion Riders. The PGR road captain handed over responsibilities of Ride Captain to a local rider with the ALR, to take advantage of his familiarity with the routes.

The first thing that went wrong was the briefing. It has been my experience that group rides without a good brief degenerate quickly in a general dustup, so much so that I have a standing rule...no brief, no ride. Miz Roo and meself showed up at the funeral home a half hour early. We were the first ones there, but were soon joined by about 20 other bikes. These riders had rallied at the local Walmart and received their brief at that time.

The next thing that went wrong was my delay in seeking out the Ride Captain to get a personal brief. The next thing I knew, we got the command to mount up. I had no briefing, yet I stayed with the group for the ride.

The ride to the cemetery was on a thin, rural blacktop. It was hard enough to stay in my slot, dragging two full-size flags against a gusty crosswind. I was bike #4, trying to hold the 2-3 second interval behind the Ride Captain (who was in slot #2). He kept making a "pass me" signal, sometimes using his throttle hand. I finally figured out that he wanted me to close up the formation. I closed to within 2 seconds, then 1 second...too close for me! I backed off and watched in awe as the #2 and #3 bikes closed to within a bike length of each other (and bike #1, who had no say in what was going on).

We made it to the funeral in one piece and I parked Stray Dog next to the Ride Captain. As I hung my helmet, he stepped up and told me that I had to ride a lot better than that if I wanted to ride with them.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He continued berating me in front of the group and then left. I turned and apologized to the bikers behind me, but I added that I was uncomfortable with the RC's 1/4 second interval.

So, was it just me?
its probebly been said by someone already but Roo, i'd bet my fancy new smartphone that you been riding long enough to know whats safe and what aint in any situation. riding tight is fine if you been riding with that crew long enough but with packs of strangers you never know wether the guy a few inches off your fender just got his M and its his first ride or if he has other issues distracting his ability to ride safely.

Quick Reply: Dumb Complaint