The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011 | 12:00 PM
creepster
Advanced

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
Ummmmmm any 1%er is an outlaw. Not every 1%er is an Outlaw though. The word "outlaw" means a rebel or nonconformist. That is the whole premise behind the 1%er diamond patch.
I'd have to say the opposite is true - every 1% is an outlaw, but not all outlaws are 1%.

Old 04-25-2011 | 12:04 PM
EvilWayz
Tourer

Originally Posted by creepster
I'd have to say the opposite is true - every 1% is an outlaw, but not all outlaws are 1%.

Old 04-25-2011 | 12:47 PM
Roosterboots
|
"Utopian Overlord"

Originally Posted by EvilWayz
OK, EvilWayz. I know what LOL means, but "WUT"?
1. Why Use Toothpaste?
2. Women's Underwear Tester?
3. Whipping Up Trouble?
4. Whuzz Up Toots?

Old 04-25-2011 | 12:52 PM
EvilWayz
Tourer

wut is a an internet corruption of "what", the equivalent of nao for now, or r for are. It's not an acronym. Lolwut means "what you said was so hilariously nonsensical I can't respond with anything but laughter."

I.e.

Me: My mom says there's a lot of Black people in Africa.

you: LOLWUT????????

see also facepalm

Last edited by EvilWayz; 04-25-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2011 | 01:53 PM
NewAge
Road Master

Originally Posted by creepster
Not all outlaws are 1% - correct. But all Outlaws are 1%. You may or may not have picked up on this. You would capitalize a name of something, ex: "Outlaws" - referring to Outlaws MC. "outlaws" refers to many "rebels or nonconformists" (see previous posts).

If I said "The Outlaws roll in numbers" - you could assume I mean the Outlaws MC.

If I said "The outlaws carry guns" - has nothing to do with the MC.

Here's a real life example. I have a sticker on my helmet that reads "When guns are outlawed, I'll become an outlaw" - Does this mean I'll join the Outlaw MC? No, because they wouldn't accept a guy like me. My ties with 81 could get me hurt.

The whole point of this was to show Roo that the other guy may not have been speaking specifically about the Outlaw MC and could have used "outlaw" as a general term for 1%ers vice listing, HA, Warlocks, etc, etc.

Old 04-25-2011 | 02:35 PM
Roosterboots
|
"Utopian Overlord"

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
If I said "The Outlaws roll in numbers" - you could assume I mean the Outlaws MC.

If I said "The outlaws carry guns" - has nothing to do with the MC.
So, how does an Outlaw know when a non-Outlaw outlaw says he's an outlaw instead of Outlaw? The lack of a phonetic distinction between these two very-case-sensitive words is most worrisome.

Old 04-25-2011 | 02:48 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
So, how does an Outlaw know when a non-Outlaw outlaw says he's an outlaw instead of Outlaw? The lack of a phonetic distinction between these two very-case-sensitive words is most worrisome.
This is where the ultra secret handshake comes in.

Michael

Old 04-25-2011 | 02:50 PM
NewAge
Road Master

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
So you have dumb complaints and dumb questions huh? Should change your name to DumbRoosterboots... Just a thought.

Old 04-25-2011 | 03:27 PM
Roosterboots
|
"Utopian Overlord"

We ARE still in the BS Section. Consider that some of the advice I have been given would have gotten me arrested at a veteran's funeral...yup, BS! Then this PGR event was compared to a single group of 500 outlaw bikers out to have a little fun...BS again! And now this! A suggestion that Th' Roo hisself, Overlord of the Utopian Society of Bikers, change my name from "RoosterBoots" to "DumbRoosterBoots"...well, suh, it sounded just too good to pass up. I tried it for awhile, with mixed results:

1. The wife liked it
2. I had to change my short name from "Roo" to "Du" (pronounced DUH). Once again, the wife approved.
3. The new name tag is too long. It sticks in my armpit.
4. The uninitiated who have routinely called me "RB" and ultimately "Mr. Boots" will be confused by the initials DRB. It is easy to see that more than a few of my followers will call me Dr. Boots. Innocence of the crime is no excuse in the USOB, so I would be subject to repeated arrest for impersonating a podiatrist, forcing me to pardon myself repeatedly. The arrest paperwork is only five pages long, whereas a full pardon frequently runs fifty pages or more (not including the official pardon certificate, suitable for framing).

I'm sorry. I feel a responsibility to the trees. Thanks for recommending a new name, but I'm afraid that it's a "no". Don't feel bad. It wasn't you. It was me.

Roo!

Old 04-25-2011 | 05:05 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

You did good Rooster

The only thing missing from this thread is a mathematics lesson

Quick Reply: Dumb Complaint