The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sign Etiquette In Groups?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:01 PM
farmerstu
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you big group riders have any idea how much you P.O. almost everyone when you cork an intersection? I read several other forums and probably the #1 bitch about cruiser riders is the way big groups are run.why do big groups think there "special"? the right way is two bikes stop side by side at the stop sign then go thru together,next pair waits there turn.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Kansasfk
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know, nor do I care if it's legal. We all go through. Always have, even with cops right there, and they've never done a thing.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerstu
do you big group riders have any idea how much you P.O. almost everyone when you cork an intersection?
I've read about people who get pissed off about having to wait for funerals, too. You just can't please everybody.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansasfk
I don't know, nor do I care if it's legal. We all go through. Always have, even with cops right there, and they've never done a thing.
+1 on that, its the only way I know.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

hmmmm
let me put it to you this way....

If you were driving in your car, with several other cars, and pickups.... would you place cars out to block? Or would every car stop?

With the exception of a funeral.... I imagine everyone would stop.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Kansasfk
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
hmmmm
let me put it to you this way....

If you were driving in your car, with several other cars, and pickups.... would you place cars out to block? Or would every car stop?

With the exception of a funeral.... I imagine everyone would stop.
I don't know who you ride with dude, or where you ride, but you keep the pack together. What, you're gonna let cars get in between everybody and then try to form back up around them? You need to keep riding around cones.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

i'm surprised at the differences of opinion. i thought everyone would be all for "keeping the pack tight".

Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM
asm481
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

We should all take a moment to actually READ the OP's question. He asked if it is LEGAL to ignor a stop sign when riding in a group. The obvious answer is no it is not legal to ignor a stop sign. Get over yourself if you think the law of the road doesn't apply to you when you don't want it to. Next time you are riding solo trying to get through a stop sign, imagine the twelve cages to your left are on a group ride so you best cool your heels and sit there till they let you roll. Oh and by the way funeral processions may go through as long as they run lights and are marked as funeral, that is law. Now if you get away with running a stop that is good for you, just realize when you are out of line and fess up.
Thanks.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There seems to be a few people here who've obviously never participated in a charity or poker run with a large number of bikes.

Do you guys think Rolling Thunder makes it's way across the USA to DC two bikes at a time at every stop sign?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
i'm surprised at the differences of opinion. i thought everyone would be all for "keeping the pack tight".
You had your question answered, what is "legal?" Then you had some answers that had nothing to do with legal. What's legal has nothing to do with opinions of how it "should be." It's black and white. Run stop signs at your peril. In real life if the group really wants to stay together the people I ride with who get through first will pull over and wait while the rest catch up. If we get fragmented for a while that's part of the deal.

Last edited by Fnortner; 04-11-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: thought of more to say.

Quick Reply: Stop Sign Etiquette In Groups?