The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailers?? Really??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 AM
skygoddess
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailers?? Really??

What is up with all these self proclaimed "bikers" putting their bikes on trailers to go to bike weeks? BIKE WEEK not trailer week!!!
What I'm ranting about right now isn't about some long or even out of state bike week. I'm ranting about "bikers" in South Florida trailering to Leesburg!!! WTF???

Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
mechmotor82
Advanced

i thought about buying the plans for one of those build at home trailers for bikes, i'd never put my bike on it or in the back of a truck, just like building crap in the shop when I have nothing going on

Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Trailer threads are always a hoot.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
zird00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea because you can't be a real biker and tow your bike !!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like sleeping in my trailer. A/C, semi soft bed, dry, only two legged critters[no scorpions or snakes]. No motel/hotel with bed bugs. A clean bathroom. My own good food at a reasonable cost. Hell, I am just spoiled because I want to be. Done it the other way for lots of years. Wet clothes, wet tent, hot tent, sweating my *** off in the tent, snakes and scorpions. Bad food and nasty bathrooms. Motels/hotels I wouldn't feel right leaving my ex-wives in. It is not that I can't ride the bike---it is the bike can't tow the trailer.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
skygoddess
Intermediate

The people I'm disgusted with at this particular point live in South Florida and are trailing their bikes to Leesburg to stay in a hotel!
Why not just stay home or at least don't embarrass yourselves, take the cage and leave the bikes at home!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
zird00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why this ALWAYS comes up and why other people give 2 sh*ts how you get your bike to Bike Rally/Giant Event ABC?

If you're riding then great! If you're trailering then great! Just get there, have fun, and get back safe, PERIOD!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Kansasfk
Banned

My friends and I make fun of them a little, but I don't care if they trailer their bikes around the block. It's their deal. Look at who the hell goes to those rallies nowadays? Somebody trailering a bike is way down on the list of crap to make fun of at those dork fests.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

5 yrs ago met a guy and his wife trailered to Daytona from Miami... said he didn't like runnin the interstate on two wheels....

Old 04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

zird00: I don't understand why this ALWAYS comes up and why other people give 2 sh*ts how you get your bike to Bike Rally/Giant Event ABC?
People that worry about what other people do have some serious issues that started way back in child hood and can't be cured on a message board. You would think they would keep it to themselves and not let everybody know, but it seems they don't even realize it!! (said with an evil grin..........smiliey things aren't working)

oldairboater: I like sleeping in my trailer. A/C, semi soft bed, dry, only two legged critters[no scorpions or snakes]. No motel/hotel with bed bugs. A clean bathroom. My own good food at a reasonable cost. Hell, I am just spoiled because I want to be. Done it the other way for lots of years. Wet clothes, wet tent, hot tent, sweating my *** off in the tent, snakes and scorpions. Bad food and nasty bathrooms. Motels/hotels I wouldn't feel right leaving my ex-wives in. It is not that I can't ride the bike---it is the bike can't tow the trailer.
Makes perfect sense to me. I don't own a toy hauler, but the idea does keep popping up. Motels suck anymore and no way am I doing a tent, my Boy Scout days are long gone!!! But that is just my opinion for me, you guys do whatever you want, I couldn't care less!

Quick Reply: Trailers?? Really??