The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless gloves.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM
nmaineron
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the how you look defines your level of bikerness.I have been doing this since the early 70's and have run the gamut of what works and what doesn't.Been in my chaps and fingerless gloves for 30 years with a variety of reasons and not one of them is to look cool or tough.I don't do the chaps thing anymore simply cause I don't ride as hard as I used to.I do wear my fingerless gloves though and they have to be the really thin ones,they give me a better feel because I have billet grips but they also make it easier to get into my pockets and just use my fingers for their intended uses.The arthur in my joints benefit from the gloves also and I think it is just a comfort thing more than anything else.

I despise the do rag deal but unless I want to wear a helmet I have to wear the rag, simply for the reason of sun burn.My wife bought me a nice leather unit that seems to stay on my head better than the simple hanky,they all fall off at a hundred though.
I am just too old and crotchety to even care what anyone thinks of my bikerness or whatever level of cool I fall into by garb I wear.

Through all the years I have taught myself how to rebuild every part of a pre twinky Harley which means nothing in the grand scope especially when judgement comes from what you wear and the amount of chrome you have on your steed.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdculbertson
Yep, still wear mine from time to time as well. Not as much since I bought my Lee Parks DeerTours though. Damn things are almost as comfy in hot weather as the fingerless, IMO.
I've been wearing a thin full fingered summer glove with those silk liners underneath. The combination does a great job keeping the hands cool and allowing the sweat to evaporate. Of course this is desert riding, low humidity, not sure about other places.

I personally like full fingered gloves, for full protection, even if they are thin... Hey to each his own and whatever works for you.

BTW, I use the Lee Parks (full gauntlet/insulated) glove fall through spring however haven't tried the non-insulated yet. I was thinking of ordering them but thought they would be too hot in the summer here.